Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Something that all of you can do that most people can't.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You know that whole "Rubbing the tummy while patting the head" thing? That most people have trouble with but some folks can do. Well my class showed me another one and I instantly got it, thanks to poi.

Move your right arm as if you're spinning your right poi forward. Move your left arm as if you're spinning a poi backwards.

That's it.

Most of my class couldn't do it.

And you all can.

Ask a nonspinner and they'll probably find it hard. biggrin

Also doing the whole making a circle forward with one hand while backwards with other. So you're doing isolated buzzsaw butterflies without the poi. Most people can't do that for crap.

And you can. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
 Written by: [nx?

]
inverse stalls

inverse stalls?

terminology will be the death of me, im sure..

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Drills rock smile

Especially those ones like Fire Tom's that involve working a move first with one hand, then with the other. 5 to 10 minutes of playing with a pattern like that may lead to doing things with poi that you never thought of before, like simply turning 90 degrees and trying it in wall plane.

If you put your mind to it, you can come up with lots of these things.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
How about behin the back/ over the shoulder stops? In the latter the Poi comes up, towards you and you stall it in a way that it stops right behind your shoulder -> reverse movement...

Behind the back ain`t my favourite (shoulder surgery), however I'd like to see someone doing stops btb...

The stall drill is one of my alltime (basic) favourite even for intermediate+, who jearn for "new moves, new moves" - keeps them humble for days... wink because old skool has no "new moves" :P ubblol wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Alioshamember
57 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Also doing the whole making a circle forward with one hand while backwards with other. So you're doing isolated buzzsaw butterflies without the poi. Most people can't do that for crap.

Actually, without poi I have some problems too.
I *CAN* do it. It's just not easy.

---
"Angels fly because they don't take themselves too seriously"
G.C. Chesterson

Page:

HOP Newsletter