Page: ...
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to woodford this year???
I have been invited to perform there, but as our airfares aren't being paid for, most people I know can't spin with me... is anyone going up there this year that would be interested in throwing together a fifteen min fire show with me? This would give you free entry to the festival. biggrin
if your interested i need to know ASAP as I have to get back to the festival with a list of names!!
Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Apparently only telstra mobiles work there... that counts me out of the txting thing!

I agree that maybe we could all meet at a show that one of us has.. I will post our performance times as soon as we have them... anyone else also doing a show, do the same ubbrollsmile The first performance of the festival that a HOPper has, lets all go!!
mind you, this would probably mean a night meeting..

maybe we could arrange somewhere on the first day of the festival so we can enjoy happy HOPpy times for the whole week biggrin

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yay.. lets arrange something then...

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

the exact when/where might need to be determined after the programs are finalised etc.. but we could start setting something up now...

mobiles are a good idea.. only hiccuup is that it seems that only people on the telstra networks can get much reception there (and even my telstra phone was a bit dodge half the time last year)... but we could certainly try.. if they will work it certainly is the best option.

I vote for daytime meet-up too.. doesn't have to work around so many schedules then.. we can always hook up for night-time playtimes afterwards...
also think it should be fairly early in the week.. maybe the 28th?

jungle arbour (doof-type area) could be an option... (unless we have a rainy one & it is just a big mud puddle...) not all that much space for spinning there if that is the plan...
we might have to wait to find out what is happening with the site... word is that it is being changed quite significantly this year...
"the palace" might be another option.. being the streeties kind of second home etc...
but I don't mind too much where we decide.. as long as it's easy for everyone .:*:.

so who's in?

hmmmmm... will be so delicious.. can't wait for all the festive yumminess..... yippeee*

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I think we all are smile

cant wait!

Flame Oz,
Potential Poos
Hopers galore

this is going to be one fun NYE smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
*Eve bounces excitedly*
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 beerchug bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
ooh, one quick question... is anyone staying on a few days after the festival? The flight that I got doesn't return to Canberra until the 4th Jan... if anyone wants to say on, or camp somewhere for a couple of days that would be awesome, otherwise, does anyone have a place I can crash at?
rolleyes pretty please with a cherry on top?!
I don't really want to be wandering QLD all by my self for three days!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Well if we're all ruddy performing...(hehehe there're seems to be a fair few of us this year ubblol) we should be able to find eachother pretty easy...or even be camping quite close, yeah? Will we mostly be camping in the performer's sight, guys? (two words... *hot showers*) hehe...maybe we can have a massive camp together bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeee!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
Id love the opportunity to camp with all of you - do performers get to camp with their cars? we have a van which will be our home and I'm hoping this doesnt get us relagated to staying in a carpark on the otherside of siberia...

Josh

--

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I don't know what the rules are.. how many of the will-o-the-wisp people have cars??? I don't as I am flying up, but I think there is only one car per group...

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
..because the performers camping area is a bit squishy they are really strict on having one car per group (whether you be a soloist or a choir of hundreds!?!)..
..in our group we all wanted to bring our vans in, but 3 is more than 1.. so will have to sort something out..
I guess this may be a recurring problem... as far as I know the only option they give for groups with multiple vans is to use the day camping area (over the hill & far away...) or out in general camping (again miles and miles away...) hmmmmmm.....

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Eve i can help you out

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Thanks Puk!!!! hug hug hug hug hug hug smile

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
I have just spoken with the organizers of woodford, its true.. only one car per troupe.
Should find out performance times end of next week, they are being posted out though, so the details might arrive when I am in China. To those of you performing with me, I will let you know as soon as I receive anything.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
moon pixie said...(two words... *hot showers*)

HOT showers?! at woodford??! eek ohmigoodness!! so i spose these 'hot' showers also have a reliable and constant source of water too?! umm

geez...performers get all the luxuries!! ubblol

last time i camped at woodford, i got a spot near the showers/loos. which was good cos every morning if i heard someone yelp - i knew there was water, and that it was really cold!! ubblol (cos there wasn't always water in that block!! but i imagine they have improved things since then!! biggrin )

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
If you think hot showers are good at Woodford think about the pure joy of getting them at Glastonbury!

The site is changing quite dramatically this year I hear...the Chai tent (or Chaibucks as it's soooo swish nowadays) is having a big space dedicated for fireys this year so that's always an option...
the Palace will have a big busking pitch outside it...but I imagine there will be buskers doing shows there quite a lot of the time.
The Jungle Arbour is the electronica venue Josh...but as Bec (or was it Elke?) said it's not a fire spinning zone unless you organise something with the manager...which has been done in the past...
I say a group meet-up at the Chai tent is in order! Either by day or by night...at least if we do it at night we'll all most likely bring out equipment with us so will be easy to spot...however there'll be quite a few of us doing shows at night I imagine....

err....did I contribute there at all or just add further knowledge/options???

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

no poos.

not quite true.

steve'll be there, and a few others, working on someone elses project (tim? anybody know him?) but they ran out of dosh and couldn't help us.

oh well.

next year.

promise

enjoy
Rhug

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

Blue... ubbcrying

If it makes you feel abit better, I'll take my video cam and record the fun for ya... and if I can find somebody to help post it it'll be here... or I'll just have to send you the tape... either way, it'll be like you were there... biggrin

wave

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
That'll just make him more envious cos he'll see just how much fun we will have all had! wink

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh blue!
ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

eve, arsn said you need bio's?
what do you need sweetie?

BTW we have a Kombi...and you can come and play at our house after woodford if you like for a few days... mmmmmmmmm playing on the beach at the gold coast.... (have I convinced you?)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
um... beach!..goldcoast! do you really need me to answer you?! ubbrollsmile

As for bios, just a short biography of what you have done with fire, its for the website as you guys will have a "guest performers" page.
Check out our bios for inspiration if you like: https://www.wisp.house.cx
and go to "Troupe" there will be a list of names, each is a page with a bio... just something like that, not necessarily as long... its just so that people can have a rough idea of who our troupe additions are!

Thanks!!
Eve

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
woohoo!! the festival program comes out on MONDAY!!! biggrin

now i can figure out which day i'll come and visit you lovely folk at the beautiful woodford!! ubbtickled

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
How about everyday!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
and every night!.. biggrin biggrin hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
tongue as much as i would love to come to the whole festival...i am unemployed right now!! i think it'll be a stretch to get there for one day!! i might camp though...probably in my little car again!! hehe...if you've seen my car you'd be laughing too!! ubblol

maybe i'll ask for a ticket for christmas... biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah! go the season pass Gita!!! bounce and it's so ruddy hot a woodford anyway that all your showers end up being cold out of choice anyways.... ubblol wink

I like the daytime chai meet idea.... ubbidea how bout lunch time 27th?.... or 28th....???

.:*looks around all nervous like*:.

...well someone had to throw an actual time out there wink....hehe... what do you reckon?

Can't wait to meet all these new faces biggrin ....and spend a little more time with those I know too hug....YAY

grouphug grouphug grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
season pass?? i wish i could pixie!! biggrin i owe my folks too much money for them to think about spending that much on me for christmas!! ubblol although...i think my uncle is coming up from sydney for christmas...and he's the one who first took me to woodford all those years ago!! (my first festival was 95/96!) maybe he'll buy me one!! ubblol

*realises she's jumping around like a loony...and stops*

i'll just settle for one day i think...but i will be entering every single competition to win a pass!! biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
yay for pixies great bravery... I think lunch time is a good idea.. like noon-ish, so our tummies will tell us that its time to meet up by grumbling at us! Then there is less need for a watch biggrin wink
hug

hmm.. I vote for the 27th... gives us longer to get to know eachother hehe
and more to the point... longer to spin together!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Written by:

bec:

((Moon Pixie & I should be fairly easy to find... we'll be looking like my avatar for some of the time !?!))

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

biggrin biggrin biggrin

yep pretty easy to spot ubblol

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Will be buying my pass this weekend, and will be coming up with Dentrassi. Looking forward to seeing you all and hugging you muchness. hug ubblove hug

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO! Cool!!

I'm really hoping we'll be there at lunch on the 27th, but we are house sitting in sydney til the morning of the 26th. so yeah, it will depend on how far we can drive before we have to pull over for a sleep smile

josh

--

Page: ...