Page: ...
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to woodford this year???
I have been invited to perform there, but as our airfares aren't being paid for, most people I know can't spin with me... is anyone going up there this year that would be interested in throwing together a fifteen min fire show with me? This would give you free entry to the festival. biggrin
if your interested i need to know ASAP as I have to get back to the festival with a list of names!!
Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi- China rocked!! BIGLY!!

I might be in sydney weekend of the 17th... not entirely sure yet, but I should be doing a fire show up there, will let you know and will text you when its all confirmed smile

and yeps, I hope to meet up with josh and katinka, might be good for them to meet some of the other troupe members here in canberra too... One other of my troupe from here will be attending woodford, but she is our troupes "apprentice poi" so any of you guys that want to help with her learning I am sure she will greatly appreciate it... none of us actually do poi, its all staff and juggling so we aren't the best teachers!

anyways.. CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!!!!!!

-josh, katinca, call me when you know when you will be in town, pm me if you don't have my number.

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Im a bit petrified. I know that we have to wear black and white hey eve?

I do a lot of poi, but will we be able to do poi on fire or is it only for glo?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
its all fire!
I don't even own a glo staff! wink
yep, black, white and silver are our colours. We have had a request to include red as well, so thats fine too. I will be bringing up our costume bag too so don't worry, we will all be able to muster together some sort of uniformed look.
in short, don't be petrified, don't stress, we are all going to have a ball! Have fun with it all biggrin we will make do with what ever we have
If any of you have any niggly questions about it all or if you are feeling bothered by something, just pm me and I will try to give you any info I can, Weeeee! Woodford!
Hugs to you all! hug

Eveish

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
By the way..
Dentrassi - I won't be in Sydney on the 17th, the gig has been moved to next year, but if you guys or anyone else have the energy, My troupe is having a circus toys and pancake night here in Canberra that weekend.. basicly we all get together and play with circus toys through the afternoon, have a huge pancake dinner and then pull out the fire toys for a big fire jam. If you guys have any way of coming down, it would be cool to work out some stuff and for you to meet the usual members biggrin
PM me if you have any way you can make it and i will give you the details... pass that on to Rozi too hehe

Also, I am meeting Josh and Katinca this arvo, so we should somehow be able to organise this long-distance troupe show!!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i might be coming, im not sure how im going to get to the festival though, can anyone give me a lift i can fly into which ever airport is closest biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
we have our times now : )

Venue: The Ring

Monday 27th: 11:30pm
Friday 31st: 8pm
Saturday 1st: 9pm

They also want us to be involved in a fire jam/show on a couple of the other nights to entertain people moving from one venue to the other, they have said that we might want to work with some of the other fire troupes when doing this... it sounds more like an organized jam to me... hehe fun fun biggrin
Also, any Will-o'-the-Wisp people, we have a meeting with the organisers on the night of the 26th... anyone who can come that would be great.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
youre a freeeek Ben! smile be good to seeya. If we had an extra seat we'd pick you up, but we dont...

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
well u know so many cool ppl are gonna be there and i missed kyle while i was the other other side of the world and adelaide on new years pffffffft forget it smile ive got loads of new stuffs to show ya tis all about the feet biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

1,903 posts

Posted:
Ben's coming... eek

.:*Run's off to see if he can move things around in the Kombi...*:.

I'll have to get back to you on this one Ben... It's a five seater, and we seem to have five already, but we'll see what happening, and why am I still writing in Italic... this is just crazy... ahhhhhhhhhh!!! biggrin

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
.:*Over the Moon*:. times are....

27th Dec @The Ring *Pixies* Fire Show 6:30pm
28th Dec @The Ring *Pixies* Fire Show 9pm
30th Dec On the Streets.. Fluffy Monsters Stiltwalking - dusk
31st Dec On the Streets.. White Sage Stilt Trio - dusk
1st Dec @The Ring *Pixies* Fire Show 11pm

+ we'll probably rove other times cause we want to take the monsters out more than once.... smile

yummmmmmmmmmm.... not long now smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oooo this sounds like its going to be so much fun biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! biggrin

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Position Vacant wink

Wanted... an experienced photo/video person to follow a couple of pixies around for half-1hr a day at Woodford Folk Fest...
Would suit someone who isn't necessarily busy performing themselves but who is already planning on going to the fest as we are happy to pay you but don't have any tickets to spare.....
We are trying out a couple of new performance ideas at the fest and would love to get some of this on video + photos.

Just pm me if you are interested and we can chat some more about it...

love & sparkles to you all.. .:*:.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
convince my folks to let me and its a deal ubblol

as for experience, I followed elite rowers around taking photos and videos...it's the same sort of thing, isn't it wink

goodluck with finding someone!
hug

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
quick question while on the subject of photos/video... is anyone taking down a tripod that I could borrow for the duration of each of our shows? I have a mini DV cam that i'd like to set up to film, but i'd rather not lug my tripod all the way to QLD on a flight... I already have WAY to much stuff to bring!!

also, Dentrassi - can you pm me an address that I can post our CD to, then you, Josh and Kate can here the tracks that we will be using. arsn and valura- I will send one to you guys too.

one more thing... who here has a Telstra phone... they are the only ones that work at woodford. I don't but I believe Josh and Kate do, what about you arsn, Valura, Kyle, Ed? this might make it slightly easier to find eachother to camp!

Eveish

1,903 posts

Posted:
I to am taking my DV cam, mainly so I can learn to then put on the computer and send Blue and Te Pooka a copy... so they don't feel left out... I'm going to see with my brother if I could also steal his tripod.

As for Telstra phones, no not yet, maybe even just a pre-paid sim.

13 days... biggrin

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
um eveish I really need to get your phone number if possible.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
just re. phones at woodford.. I'm on telstra and didn't have too much luck with it last year.. I had occasional reception at best.. just don't count on them that's all. (although if you stand on a hill, on one leg with the wind blowing in just the right direction... umm)
Optus apparently can work sometimes too.. but again I don't know if they really will all the time...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
thats useful info.. thanks bec!

Valura.. will pm you my number, though arsn has it too, so that should be all good. I will try to mail out a contact list to everyone involved with the wisp show... What is your email Valura?

Eveish

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
PS.
does vodaphone have any chance in working????

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I checked the coverage map for Vodafone at woodford for you and ... nope. It wont be working... sorry to be the bearer of bad newses....
Im will call you in about 15 mins... thanks sweetie.

By the way Arsn only had your home number...I tried you there today but no answer...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hey all!! two weeks tomorrow til woodford starts!!! YAY!!!! biggrin

yeah - vodafone doesn't work at all at woodford!! i was with them & i don't think i even had emergency reception!! tongue

they have a message board at the admin tent if it's not an urgent message...

yay! i get to see the pixie fire show!! biggrin ooh, and i think i'll be going on new years day too, so i'll get to see the will o the wisp show too!! biggrin and of course, watch arsn get dreaded!! ubblol where/when is that gonna happen? haven't figured out details with rougie yet, but we'll be there sometime in the morning on dreadie day! and then we'll try and find you lot!! biggrin

biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
does anyone know who is taking the advanced twirling workshops this year?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ill take one on contact staff if i can get a free ticket but its looking like its going to cost to much for me to come this year frown

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
frown thats no good!

but it's woodford! Weeeeeee! bounce bounce

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
flameoz are doing the workshops this year... that's Dave (knoxious) and crew... definitely worth going to if you've got the time amid all the other festival fun.:*:.

1,903 posts

Posted:
eek

Signing up now...

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
MMMMM so much goodness... biggrin
If anyone is going to the site on the 26th from Brsbane I am still trying to figure out how to get there.
As for the bunch of hippies & misfits who will be tacking a show together from the five corners of OZ, maybe we could use some sort of marker for the wisp camp? Or forget phones and use telepathy? I am sure we will work out somthing. Eveishish do u know what time that meeting is on on the the 26th?
Arsn & Val,
Hope to catch up with you guys real soon. Can you pm your number?
Ahhhhh almost back to summer ubblove

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
We will probably be arriving on the 27th. Although I am sending up a special person a day earlier to meet you all. Make sure you guys grab a big enough camping spot for us all!!! biggrin

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Page: ...