Forums > Social Discussion > The astar is posting again apology thread.

Login/Join to Participate

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Basicly, I have grown and healed a great deal since I caused myself to be banned. I know what I did to get myself banned was completly disgusting and reckless. Honestly at the time I felt like my internet addiction was a serious obstacle in my path forwards, and I was so irrational I thought posting illicit pictures here was the only way to ensure I would be banned, then I evaded the ban becuse I fell back in the same rut, but the mods caught on and banned me.

Anyways, For the most part Im not going outrageously long without sleep, ive straightened out my priorities and ive learned a hell of a lot compounded into a short period of time. I am very sorry for what I did, I never gave much thought to the profound impact a handfull of illicit photo's can possibly have. I hope they didn't cause to much trouble with peoples employers, schools, family or friends and I hope no one who saw them was overly sensitive to that kind of imagery. If they did hurt someone, there is nothing I can do but say im sorry and that it wont happen again. I don't wish to change anyones opinions that were formed based on my actions, simply explain my actions and apologize.

If you object to me comeing back, simply want to bitch at me, have questions, or whatever post it here instead of hijacking someones thread.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Welcome back Astar. I hope your time here is fruitful smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug Welcome back

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*Kisses* xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. Also, I have to say hop is looking really groovy lately.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Welcome Back!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
wink

welcome back mate.

I smell.

I need a bath.

smile

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Welcome back Astar smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I feel I ought to say something really profound and important here, but its late, and frankly, a simple welcome back and a hug will do the job just fine.

So,

Welcome back hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
heya!
welcome back hug

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
welcome back Astar! I hope you feel much better now smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:

Welcome back.

Sometimes I think, there for the grace of god go I.

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
hug

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It takes a lot of courgae to stick your hand in the air and say "I was wrong. Forgive me."

Cheers

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
hey I know you....

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Aster, Personally I don't want to start off saying welcome back... What you did isn't something I'm just going to roll over and forget, it's not something you can just sweep under a rug and forget about. It's not only adults that use this site. This is a world wide site, people are on here at different times of the same day. At the time of posting thoses pictures, just think, somewhere some kid may have just finished school, and "happened" to come across those pictures... and that's just one side of it. If you wanted out, just don't log in... call your internet provider and disconnect... sell your computer... take up knitting...

I'm not ashamed to admit it... I was one of those who informed the admin team of what was happening. Therefore, I saw what you were doing, and I'm sorry to say, but you lost alot of respect from myself that day.

Since you left, others have both come and gone... respectivly.

I'm sorry to anybody who feels that I am coming across as rude, or unwelcoming, and I know that some people will find this side of myself to be new. But, Aster asked for what people here felt, and that's just what I'm giving.

Aster... when I see myself that these words your saying are true... then I will welcome you...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Astar,

It is good to see you here. I had contact with you in a few different threads and PMs. Always knew you as a astute person.

I also saw you get very down. And I saw you do something pretty misguided as a result of how you felt and the thought processes that went with it. The instance itself had a lot of impact, but so did the lead up to it when your pain was fairly clear.

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Please let us know if you are ever on that track again, as we will do our best to help before it becomes that bad.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
I agree with arsn.

I to am sorry to say that while i did not see it happening on the boards, the shockwave went on for a period after you had been banned.

Few banning happen for a site this large, and this reflect the naturs, style and respect of the board, you broke this when you posted those pitures astar.

Im sorry for soundsing harsh, and mean, but you did cut some of the people on here deeply, and some were my friends.

I understand (in my own perspective) of how things can spiral out of your control, and how you can go on with a plot that seeems a good idea to you, but this is why you build good friends, and relationships in your life, ppl to talk to beofre it gets to this

i will wish you a speedy and safe recovery back to full health, both spiritual mental and physical, but i will wait on teh welcome back

once again i am sorry for being "nasty" but this is my honest opinion.

Step (el-nombrie)

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
WB dog. Im glad ur ok.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i concur with mech and arsn... i also believe in forgiveness - im far from perfect myself.

i hope you are closer to feeling 'at peace' with yourself, and am glad that you have sorted your life out.

welcome back. hug2
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1098439435)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Back from the wilderness.

Didn't see the pics or anything tooooo bad but noticed your posts degrading over time and your posts were plain nasty at one stage.

Up until then I had viewed you as a decent person and enjoyed many of your contributions here. I reckon you'll prove to be this person over time....welcome back dude. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Zyanya BellaBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
To accept responsibility and admit your wrongs is admirable. What you did was wrong but not one of us has not royally screwed up at one point or another. Welcome Back.

Always Beautiful

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Groans at kiss up action . I see these things too much at the moment .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Mech and arsn Ive been in positions and situations where I have taken similar approach. If someone behaved like me, and I have seen many people who do behave similary to me I wouldn't trust them very easily either.

*groans at lame attempt at a barb action. Re:puk.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
thats not barb action

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
this isn't kiss up action.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
* keeps a quiet eye on Puk and Astar *

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?