Page:
...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
so... im very curious , just exactly where do you spin with fire . im trying to find a place that will first of all allow me to spin and then be able to use fire . the public parks in the USA arnt quiet like everywhere else , and i live in an apartment , so i dont have a back (or front) yard ! where oh where should i go to spin and not get into trouble for it . i was thinking that i might be able to get some sort of permit to spin fire in the parks (?) im not sure .

can you help , give ideas ???

thanks wink

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

633 posts

Posted:
Written by: BrandyH

check with your local art community see what's going on.

thats a great idea , how would i find the local art'ty people ???

thanks smile

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Well, you can start by going to a local gallery and check out the scene...they might know of artsy events going on. Our first friday events are in the local paper and what not. And....if all else fails....scope out some local galleries and "suggest" an evening of art shows and the like, to get your community out and about on certain nights. Also, certain clubs/venues might be interested in forming a collaborative art night where different artists can display thier paintings, read poetry, or show off their performance art. Plant the seed and set up shop.....spin some fire once, and the people will be so jazzed, that they'll be asking for you!!!!!!

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
The fire marshalls\inspectors dropped in on our last big Halloween party and said the fire performance was ok as long as it was outside and appropriate safety precautions were taken. We ended up doing three sets including poi, staff, fans, fire eating, breathing and flame throwers with 1500 spectators. Even the fire inspectors enjoyed the show.

As I understand it, open flames within city limits are not allowed but if nobody complains they let it slide. The worst they could do is probably just ask you to leave.

I know a bar owner here in town that would most likely be receptive to weekly fire practice in the back parking lot. He is a burner (Burning Man) and has a freaky people night every Monday which would be the ideal day to do it. I'll ask him the next time I see him. Jeff's Bucket Shop is the name of the place, over by Park road shopping center.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

WonderlushBRONZE Member
Haven't you heard? I come in six-packs now.
134 posts

Posted:
On wednesday nights here in Culver City there is a group that has a permit to spin in a concrete area inside Culver City Park. Also, Dockweiler Beach in El Segundo allows open fires and is a great place to spin. smile

If you can talk you can sing / If you can walk you can dance

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
so far, i have only spun in an alley here in s.f. this weekend i'll be spinning for some friends somewhere along the sonoma coast, which will be beautiful, but that's more of a special occasion (it's our thanksgiving gathering) than a regular spin. there's a weekly burn that happens in the shakespeare gardens in golden gate park, which is a lovely area, and i will definitely be going to spin there at some point in the near future.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

633 posts

Posted:
sounds great mtbeer , get back to me !

Shevekmember
1 post

Posted:
the weekly burn in golden gate park-- when does that happen?

-V-

633 posts

Posted:
what ??? think you have this thread mistaken for another one !!! ubblol

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: Shevek

the weekly burn in golden gate park-- when does that happen?

-V-

a group called BOM tribe gets together tuesday nights. i've also heard there's a thursday night gathering and my little group gets together on wednesdays.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
We found a great band stand or two in Northampton which really looks funky when it gets fire toys in it, gets a really eerie feel to it! takes a great set of photos though! and best of all the area is completly surrounded by trees and blocks out all of the lights so it makes trails really clear even to the human eye!

Also on our local unused racecourse is great nobody dares go there at night especially when we are throwing fire around, i think they must think we are gonna chase them with the fire and set them alight or something! ubblol

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i spin whereever i can that has a clear sky, regularly at a park with friends, sometime i just find a grassy spot and start spinning around and around until i fall over and feel sick(thats almost better thant the other spinning)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

PsychoTronicstranger
80 posts

Posted:
beach, parties, beach parties, playgrounds, in the juggling club,parks etc..... wherever there is enough space and whenever there is mood wave

"For once there was an unknown land, full of strange flowers and subtle perfumes,
a land of which it is joy of all joys to dream, a land where all things are perfect and poisonous."
"Put out the torches! Hide the moon! Hide the stars!"

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
mood changes when the fire starts, the space is the key

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Page: