lexaBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
for every one in the uk and hay any on else can join in what are you doing on fireworks nite (sorry if thats spelt rong i am dyslexik lol)

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
You can come get drunk with me as it's my birthday!

Gayle.....!

lexaBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
lol i want to spin lots and lots of fire. fire + alcohole= 3rd degre burns so will have to pass on the drinking bit

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
as of yet no plans, but me will be thinking of some clever idea!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

lunerniamember
110 posts

Posted:
we have a huge fireworks disply and fair in jolly old milton keynes.. its pretty cool. i dont think i will be there this year(first year of a few!) as things are looking i will be going to play with geeks who have too much money blowing stuff up!

L xx

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
dnt know the actual dates yet (sumwhen around the 5th lol) fire spinning with grotbox plus others at the Battle and Rye bonfire nights.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Don't know about bonfire night (that's Nov 5, right?!) we don't have such things over here... but we're having a lovely big SpherculHop day in Belfast on Oct 30 biggrin

As many Irish spinners/jugglers and drummers as I can find are taking part in an anti-racism parade on the Saturday afternoon, then having a burn outside the students union on the Saturday night. Woohoo!

There'll be a SpherculHop gathering near you too - check out the events section.

Wayhey for SpherculHop Day!

Getting to the other side smile

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
"Remember, remember,
the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
We see no reason why
Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!"

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
When else do we get to parade a human effergy around the streets and burn it without being arrested?

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
I'm supposed to be spinning fire poi naked with Faberge, also naked, on my shoulders, in the vacinty of Buckingham Palace. It appears she has chickened out though, sensible woman.

It's smashing to be back x

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Come to Belfast - hopefully she'll be there ubblol

Although, you may have to wear a sock for any vital organs... it's a bit nippy here at the mo biggrin

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Faberge is unavailable to cme to the phone at the moment but I can assure you that all promisies of nakedness will be made good.

In other words we'll force her biggrin

Love is the law.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
ubblol

can't turn my back for a minute, can i?

yes, we will be having firey fun in belfast for Halloween

and i will be in london for guy fawkes or bonfire night, orwhateveryoucallit, with my mum. she's a hippy, we might get her to get her kit off and all.......

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

lexaBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
lol well have great fun

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have my cheque book at the ready Fabergé and Andy. If you spin naked and get photos with Buck Palace in the background all [Old link] money goes to Andy's charity choice of The Samaritans.......... you know you want to!!! ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh god... so much pressure lads, it's for charity ubblol

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hehehe...you def still up for it then Fab honey? I'm damn sure we can rustle up some press interest too! get our pics in the Standard! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin even on the telly !!

what FAB advertising for the site...we could write homeofpoi.com across our bums! hehehe. u listening mod type people? wanna slip me n Fab some free kit if we get on the telly?

It's smashing to be back x

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
soapbox
grumble, grumble about fireworks night - it used to be a big thing here until the government decided we couldnt be trusted with fireworks in our own backyard

stupid thin is its legal to buy them in a certain state, but not let them off... you can drive over the border to do that illegally ubbloco confused

so all those who celebrate fireworks night - please, please, please, light one for me. My faourite was always the parachute - looking for it was great fun ubbrollsmile hug

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
On Friday the 5th Nov, I have been given a budget to buy my pub some nice big fireworks and then do some spinning smile

Then on the Saturday I have been asked to do some spinning at a larger display smile

Ade will be sure to let off some big pyro with your name on it!!

As for the parachutes, I managed to get slightly over £100 worth of marine flares for this years festival season, the big one (a parachute flare) got me into trouble though, I hadnt set one off before and didnt realise that as I was laid on my back watching the ~ wooosh ~ pop ~ burn ~ happen above me I was surrounded by a large smoke ring through which a couple of security guards came running to give me a slap on the wrists.

SEC "was that you?"
ME (with big smile on face!) "Well Yeah smile "
SEC "Well can we just say Thanks, but dont do it again or we will have to get the heavies involved!!"
ME "Well OK then." (it was £30, shot to a height of over 300m and was 100,000 candella!)

Hope everyone has an excellent fireworks night,

Mark P x

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Anyone want to explain to an ignorant American what fireworks night is?

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
wonder if you have to have a pyro license in UK to set off those fireworks?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Trillaian. A fireworks night is a night where fireworks get setoff. it can be i someones back yard or a huge extravaganza orginsed by a company or council. Ususally it refers to the Guy Fawkes celebrations.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
It's the bane of my life. Every year on my birthday millions of lunatics set off big scary loud hyperventilating causing bang making fireworks which cause me to get hideuosly drunk in a pub as i'm too scared to walk down the street in case they go off. mad

*Grumble* Bloody Guy Fawkes! spank
EDITED_BY: BristolPoi (1098430484)

Gayle.....!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol,
Trillian - Guy Fawkes is the guy who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament years ago, and the English celebrate his capture every Nov 5 by having a bonfire (usually with a dummy of the man himself on top), and now with fireworks too.

Fireworks were banned in Northern Ireland in the middle of the troubles, the cops didn't like all that loud banging going on around them. Apparently you can get them from licensed traders now, but I don't know any of those.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Can i move there please?

Gayle.....!

DennyHere again gone again
157 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be blowing things up on the Saturday night with some other overpaid geeks, purely to keep lunernia entertained of course smile

Hopefully we'll both spin a bit of fire poi too... last year one of my friends had a firestaff there, so it's my turn to show off this year.

"Talk hard"

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Cambridge, looking for an excuse to spin fire and party in general

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

Lol,
Trillian - Guy Fawkes is the guy who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament years ago, and the English celebrate his capture every Nov 5 by having a bonfire (usually with a dummy of the man himself on top), and now with fireworks too.

oh, okay...I've read about Guy Fawkes,(in a fantasy book, actually) but wasn't sure if that was the same as fireworks night...thanks!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: *Aimée*

dnt know the actual dates yet (sumwhen around the 5th lol) fire spinning with grotbox plus others at the Battle and Rye bonfire nights.

woo and yay!

smells like burning teenagers..

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hehehe, you have any idea when its gonna yet *big cheesing grin cos im so excited*