Forums > Help! > how is possible i pay?

Login/Join to Participate

didireisBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
i want buy in home of poi, but dont have credit card, and dont understand oders type to pay, is possible i pay via western union???
please somebody can help me? my email is garotode18@yahoo.com.br confused

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
"I don't have a credit card - how can I pay?

You can also pay by International Bank Draft, International Money Order or Bank Cheque (sorry no personal cheques). If available you may also pay via the PAYPAL network via Switch,Solo, Delta, Electron debit cards. These options are available in the "payment" area of the shop during the checkout process."

Probably the simplest thing would be an international bank draft. You should email the person who runs the shop, but your bank will know how to make an international money order

Email the home of poi shop: https://www.homeofpoi.com/company/Contact.php#sales

ubbrollsmile Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
What do you do if you havn't got a bank account?
Cash could be sent (NZ dollars) in one of those envelopes that gets tracked and signed for, but would that be acceptable?
I would like to but from HOP but I refuse to have a bank account as all banks are rip offs and I don't like them.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
you should be able to get an international money order without having a bank account, you just take the money to the bank - unless i'm getting that confused with a postal order... umm

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
You don't need a bank for an international money order. It's advisable to shop around, because the rates can be very different (charges etc)

N0n is right smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Never send cash in the post unless you're willing to take the chance it'll be stolen. Even registered and insured letters and parcels go 'missing'. In the past few months my parents have had a laptop computer printer and passports stolen from UK sorting post offices.

Bank accounts are very useful things. They don't actually cost anything but the bank earns money from your money so ethically you might want to stick with the Co-Op bank in the UK.

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
I think we tried to do th international money order thing once. Either they wouldn't do it without abank account or they wanted to charge us more than we were sending.

We have sent cash around the world (in ordainary enveopes) with no problems. Though I suppose that one day we might be unlucky.

Bank accounts, well I don't like them and won't have them. They say that they are free but then they want to charge you, or encourage you to get overdraughts, credit cards or whatever, or they just keep hassling you to change your account to a different one.

I don't like hem and don't trust them.

On the whole, if a place don't take cash or postal orders I have to find some where else or do without.

Mostly I don't have no money so it don't matter.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Didi, I can relate.
I don't have a credit card, because I have no credit history to speak of, and they won't let me have one, which sucks.

However, I use paypal. If you have a checking account, you can use paypal, it's really simple. And it does not cost anything to sign up for, which is good. Now, it takes some time to set up- you provide the account info, and within a few days, they make two deposits into your account- random amounts, just a few cents. You then get your bank statement or check your account online (if you have that option), and go back to the paypal site to complete the process, typing in the amounts of money they deposited. Once your account is verified, you can go shopping. The money comes out of your bank account, just like writing a check or using a debit card. Each payment takes some time (about a week) to clear, but it is worth it. It's safe and secure to use- myself and some friends have had good experiences with it.

For more info, or to sign up, go here:
ww.paypal.com

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"