Forums > Social Chat > Positive thoughts really really needed....

Login/Join to Participate

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Hey funky people... smile
I am a HUGE believer in the idea that positive thoughts and positive energy can make all the difference when you're not feeling the best - or have someone around you who isnt.
My problem today is this...
My friends and I have this awesome friend, James, (known to all his mates as Teddy). Last week he was involved in an accident at university and has broken his neck.
He is a quadriplegic (sp?) but the doctors say that his spinal cord isnt cut, so of course there's still a chance for him to walk again.
Teddy is one of the most beautiful people in the world - always positive, always putting his family and friends first and one of the most caring, funniest guys around.
When the Doctors told him of the hard slog ahead, he just said 'bring it on'. I know he's positive enough to give it all he's got, but a bit of extra positive energy certainly cant hurt right?
I havent been online in ages, and this has certainly been a hard week for all my friends, but when I thought about how to spread the word about the need for a lot of positive energy, I honestly couldnt think of a better place to come than here... ubblove
So PLEASE, I ask that whatever your religious, spiritual, or calming beliefs are... Add Teddy to your thoughts for even just one little second as you read this post - every little bit helps I reckon....
Love Rach smile

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
you have it comeing from me hug and best wishes threw the long trek ahead

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug Positive thought winging they're way over

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
And from here too!

hug

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
So many good vibes going your way from here! meditate hug

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Big positive thoughts for you all, especially Teddy.
grouphug

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
strong positive thoughts coming your way hug hug

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug
and from me
meditate

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

eddicted2dnbBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Me three

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Ooh! Some from me! Some from me! bounce (cos I silly bounces must help too!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Opinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
adding in some here too in the form of a happy mixture of emoticons:

sunny angel angel2 bounce2 bounce hug ubbrollsmile heart heart

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Sending over waves of what I can scrounge up from over here smile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Teddy is one of the most beautiful people in the world - always positive, always putting his family and friends first and one of the most caring, funniest guys around.

When the Doctors told him of the hard slog ahead, he just said 'bring it on'.

and that really is such a message to remember. so many people get stressed and depressed over such insignificant details in their life, which compared to the challenges that some people face, are trivial.

it really puts things in perspective, and how special those souls such as james really are.

sending luv & hugs your way kiss hug

incidently, are you actually up in newcastle now, or still in armidale?
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1098023876)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
i hope these help! smile
hug hug hug hug hug bounce bounce2 bounce bounce hug hug

woosa meditate

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Many positive thoughts your way!

Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

phiredancermember
61 posts

Posted:
dude that is one of the shittest things that can happen!!

you all have my thoughts and best wishes and im sure all Hoppers will feel the same!!

i must be loosing my mind.............come back!!!!!

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Tugging on the fabric for you.

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
I went out on friday night dressed as a baby in just a nappy (big white beach towel), bib, dummy and a bottle for my beer. I got about a million hugs from total strangers, offers to be breast fed off several stunning young ladies, and almost everyone that caught a glimpse of me the entire night smiled or laughed uncontrolably.

I'd like to dedicate all those hugs, all those smiles, and all those spontaneous laughs, to Teddy and his friends, and wish them all the best.

The breast feeding offers I'd like to keep for myself, at least until Teddy is a lil better and could enjoy them more!

x

It's smashing to be back x

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Positive thoughts heading to you and him.

hug

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i'll do a bit of meditating. couldn't hurt now could it?

hope you all get through this & come out stronger.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

264 posts

Posted:
Wow!!! smile
Thank you all sooooo much - I knew that HOP is the place to come for encouragement and words of advice etc...but you guys still manage to blow me away.
When I go down to see Teddy in a couple of weeks, I'm going to print out a copy of this thread to show him. He's been absolutely blown away by everything his friends and college at Uni have done for him and this is another beautiful thing to make sure that smile stays on his face...

Love you all to pieces - thank you so much for caring about Teddy - keep the good thoughts coming!
Love Rach ubblove
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

264 posts

Posted:
and that really is such a message to remember. so many people get stressed and depressed over such insignificant details in their life, which compared to the challenges that some people face, are trivial.
it really puts things in perspective, and how special those souls such as james really are.

sending luv & hugs your way kiss hug

incidently, are you actually up in newcastle now, or still in armidale?

You're right of course dude - stuff like this really makes you appreciate that some of the stuff we spend so much energy stressing about really isnt that bad after all. I've complained so much that this six months has been really shitty at times for me, but it took Teddy's accident, and his Waaaaay positive reaction to conquering it, to make me realise that I could have had it so much worse. It's also made me appreciate everyone so much more because of all the things strangers and friends alike have done for Teddy - it restores your faith in mankind!!
P.S Have finished Uni, but am still in Armidale.... *sigh*...am doing a block teaching placement at a local school, but making regular 'coast runs' back to the ocean...!

264 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

I went out on friday night dressed as a baby in just a nappy (big white beach towel), bib, dummy and a bottle for my beer. I got about a million hugs from total strangers, offers to be breast fed off several stunning young ladies, and almost everyone that caught a glimpse of me the entire night smiled or laughed uncontrolably.

I'd like to dedicate all those hugs, all those smiles, and all those spontaneous laughs, to Teddy and his friends, and wish them all the best.

The breast feeding offers I'd like to keep for myself, at least until Teddy is a lil better and could enjoy them more!

x

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
You crack me up! Thanks dude.... hehe
I just broke the 'do not make personal calls from the staff phone' rule at the school I'm teaching at to call a friend and read her your message... Teddy will be most happy to accept the breast feeding offers once he feels up to it, I'm sure....
Thanks for giving me, and Teddy's mates, a good belly laugh to start the day off with...!
Love Rach

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Vibes on the way
Hug him for me please hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pyro_Tech

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
You crack me up! Thanks dude.... hehe
I just broke the 'do not make personal calls from the staff phone' rule at the school I'm teaching at to call a friend and read her your message... Teddy will be most happy to accept the breast feeding offers once he feels up to it, I'm sure....
Thanks for giving me, and Teddy's mates, a good belly laugh to start the day off with...!
Love Rach

Anything to help. As soon as I get the photos of the evening developed I am going to post one in my gallery, as when you see how utterly ridiculous and funny I looked you will get a better idea of just how many laughs I have donated to the cause!

I'd like to take this opportunity too Rach, to pat you on the back n give you a great big warm cyber type hug. What you're doing for Teddy is wonderful, and you should be very proud of being such a warm, caring and compassionate person. Well done. x x

It's smashing to be back x

264 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the hug biggrin Muchly appreciated this morning...
A big group of us went out last night for a few quiet drinks - a lot of Teddy's mate were celebrating at a cocktail night at the same bar, so it was good to catch up with everyone.
I was the designated driver, so I drove a bunch of the boys back home after the pub shut, the last guy to get dropped off was one of Teddy's best mates - we pulled up at his place, I looked over at him and he looked really sad. I asked him if he was okay and he burst into tears and then got embarassed that he'd cried in front of me.
I sat outside his house for almost an hour, talking and giving him hugs.
I swear my heart broke last night. I know everyone is upset, but it just really hurt to see it as plain as day with Teddy's guy mates last night.
It's just so crazy what's happening - I'm all out of ideas of ways to help these guys - they dont deserve this! Uni is supposed to be a fun time, not filled with terrible things like this.
frown

264 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone - thanks heaps for all your postive thoughts and messages...!

I have a little tiny bit of good news to share about Teddy....!

He is able to move his shoulders, nothing else as yet, but you've gotta start somewhere right?
He was able to get into a wheelchair for the first time the other day and drive it with a motion pad around his shoulder to push on and change direction etc...

Maybe the good thoughts are working just a little?? ubblove
A million thanks guys!
Rach

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Plenty of positive thoughts from here!!!! If i cant help myself, i'll help someone else!! Lots of hugs and happy thoughts and bounces!!

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

264 posts

Posted:
Hey guys...!!
Just wanted to post a quick update about Teddy and say a HUGE
THANK YOU for all your positive thoughts and good wishes....
We had news from Teddy the other day that he now has some feeling in his forearms....!!! YAY!!
He cant do a great deal, but he can scratch his nose and change the TV channels on the remote....pretty important stuff when you're stuck in a hospital bed I say!
Anywayz, I totally believe 100% that all the prayers, good thoughts and messages that everyone has been sending through this board, mass emails my friends have been sending out and word of mouth have really helped Teddy keep up his spirit and fight....
So, once again thank you a million times for sparing a thought for a stranger who needs a bit of lovin'.... biggrin
Rach

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
That's so cool. I'm sending loads of positive vibes and love out to him! hug biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau