Forums > Social Chat > political differances........not a debate

Login/Join to Participate

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
ok so as the election gets closer here in the USA, i've noticed ALOT more stickers on cars supporting thier candidate.......now im not posting this to push a spacific party or candidate, but i have noticed that the bush/chenny stickers are mostly on your high end cars and suv's, i.e. lexus, bmw, etc. and that the kerry/edwards stickers on your average to low end cars, i.e. nissan, toyota, kia..........this just srtuck me as weird, its like if you're rich you choose bush, but if you're middle income you're for kerry..........now yes i have seen kerry stickers on lexus's and vice-versa, but for the most part, its what was said prior........so, all of the american HOP'ers please pay a little more attention and let me know if this is nation wide, or just here in tampon fl (yes i know what i typed) ubbloco

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
It has been a long standing stereotype that Republican supporters are more likely to be rich than poor. In George W's case, it is reinforced simply because MOST of the programs Bush supports, introduces or approves of cater to the wealthy. He does not have a record of looking out for the poor or middle class.
In truth, neither candidate is worthy based just on personal finance, Bush being a CEO and multi-millionaire and Kerry marrying into the Heinz family, they (nor their great-great-grandchildren) will never have to work a day in their life. Before the next election, I would like to see a law stating that if you've ever earned more than $30,000 a year in your life, you are automatically ineligible. 'Rich' people rarely know what's best for the lower 98% of us.

I realize I'm bitter about all this, but I was recently 'downsized' after 8 years...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Written by: Prometheus

MOST of the programs Bush supports, introduces or approves of cater to the wealthy. He does not have a record of looking out for the poor or middle class.

Or women..

I read today that Bush refused to sign a "women's rights" bill, because it included the term "sexual rights"

Is the man insane? frown

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Written by: meep

Written by: Prometheus

MOST of the programs Bush supports, introduces or approves of cater to the wealthy. He does not have a record of looking out for the poor or middle class.

Or women..

I read today that Bush refused to sign a "women's rights" bill, because it included the term "sexual rights"

Is the man insane? frown

I missed that one, Meep.
I'm not surprised, mind you, given that he focuses so many of his domestic policies on his faith. Nevermind freedom of religion.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.