Forums > Social Chat > 'Busted' rock my world!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
This is a poll to see how many 'Busted' fans are out there and how many 'Busted' anti -fans are out there. So please let me know what your feelings are towards this great band cool

The main reason I ask this is because in my school house of 50 lads only a couple of us liked Busted, so some peeps may take this to mean that we were wrong, but we were guys who had great taste in music (we do like other bands too) so it could be that we were just a cut-above-the-rest appreciating a quality of music far in advance of most average peoples understanding............but maybe not confused

While you're making your own statement on 'Busted', make one on 'McFly' too, cos again it was only the 'Busted' guys that liked 'McFly' biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Written by: Flame Boy

Someone earlier mentioned their kids listening to rap - you are far too old to be having opinions on modern music mad nah, im only kidding, but i do think you have to be a bit younger to have a "valuable" opinion on Busted!

This has been bugging me, so I'm going to post again. My last post might have been a bit sarky, but it was for fun. This time I am both insulted and annoyed.

The quote above is directed at me. I put the post that said my kid listened to rap music. I made a lighthearted commentabout it and at the expense of my son who will never read it. so what?
You can either laugh at the joke or ignore it, your choice.
It is the next bit that bugs me the most. As can be seen from the (crap) punctuation, this was also directed at me.
In your eyes I am too old to have an opinion on modern music. For a start thats wrong, I can have an opinion on any thing I damn well please, and I can use this forum to express said opinion if I choose to do so, and there is nothing you can do about it. I do not tell you that you cannot have an opinion because you are too young, I would not be rude or ignorant enough to do that. secondly, modern music, any music that is created in the present time is modern, wether that music is by a boy band or by someone of my generation.
Furthermore I would like to point out that I gave no opinion on busted. in fact my first post in this thread was asking what busted was. a joke, against myself, refering my age.
Why don't you read what I said before you criticize my (ungiven) opinions.
Of course you then claim that saying I am to old to be having opinions is a joke.
Well, it would have been nice of you to allow me my opinion if you had not then said that it would not be 'valuable'.
Therefore you are kind enough to allow an old git like me to have an opinion because it is worthless and can be ignored at your convienience.
You would make me laugh if it wern't so sad.
What do you think the response would have been if you had said that my opinions were wothless, or in admissable because I was black, or gay, or disabled, or a woman.
That would be crass discrimination, wouldn't it.
I rest my case.
And now I'm going to find somewhere else where my opinions, thoughts and ideas may be felt to have some worth.
You can sod off. I don't care, and of course you don't, because it was said by a worthless old woman.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
*claps*

well said

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Lillie Frog you are not and will never be a 'worthless old woman'! Just because one foolish person is rude to you, and all other people over the age of..... (hmmmm I wonder what age Flameboy considers too old to have a valuble opinion?) don't let his ignorance get to you. I'm 37 and I'm sure, just because I said I think Busted are crap, Flameboy thinks I have no knowledge of 'modern' music. Infront of me, on my very messy desk, I have a huge pile of cd's I'll list the first few (until I get board of typing) The Libertines, Razorlight, Kings of leon, Damien Rice, Snow patrol, Bjork, The Specials, Goldfrapp, The Smiths, The Thrills, Super furry Animals, The Flaming lips, The Velvet Underground, Afro Celt Sound System, Zap Mama, Transglobal underground, Lou Reed, Marvin Gaye, Muse, Bessi Smith, The Strokes, Massive attack, Turin Brakes, The Pixies, Scissor Sisters, Maroon 5, The Hives, Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Baaba Maal,.........(ok bored of typing names now)

I can bet you Lillie Frog, Flame boy will not know 50% of this music, But he likes Busted and feels he knows all there is to know about music. Just because I'm 37 doesn't mean I stopped listening to or buying newly released music. I think I have fairly wide music tastes, but because of my age Flameboy thinks I can't have a valuable opinion. I won't lose sleep over it Lillie Frog. He'll grow and learn.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Yay Lillie Frog, an excellent comeback! biggrin clap

and on the note, flame boy: what age do you think the people who run the "modern music" industry are? they sure as hell aren't teenagers, does that make them too old??

Am very much liking the sound of your CD collection Skully, and on this note, I'd like to go completely off topic.....

Written by: Skulduggery

The Flaming lips,

and say.... I was a DANCING RABBIT!!! WITH WAYNE COYNE! ON STAGE!!! .....

ahem. that'll be all.

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: NOn

and say.... I was a DANCING RABBIT!!! WITH WAYNE COYNE! ON STAGE!!! .....

EXACTLY a year ago today, maybe that's why i thought of it.....

sorry, so offtopic

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Never be sorry about dressing up in silly costumes.... its what life is all about. Dressing up in silly costumes can never be off topic!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

1,643 posts

Posted:
biggrin good, because i made a damn fine rabbit, if i do say so myself... it takes special skill to boogie like a rabbit biggrin

however, i try to be proud and tell everyone, but most people just give me blank looks... "y'know, wayne coyne?... beardy man??.... pink robots?? disco balls??... justin timberflake as a dolphin???........*sigh* ok...."

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
OMG Skulduggery!!!!! That is a most amazing list of CD's you have on your desk there!

I don't think anyone can be too old to appreciate anything, just go do what you want to do and who gives a censored if anyone has a rude opinion on it.
kiss

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Good on you Lillie Frog*have a hug*,
Someone had to say somthing about that one, made me smile reading that youy didnt let that one be!
I think whats important is to realise that music is a very personal subject, everyone will like a diffrent beat or flow.But the key is to realise that there should be no boundairys or limits to what a person can listen to! I listen to music that had been produced way before i was ever born (Jimi Hendrix & Jaco pastorius being two of my favourites!) does this mean that im too yound to aprechiate this music and the effect that it had on the musical world? I should hope not! !
Ah well enough of that rant, im gonna go make sum coco ubbrollsmile!
hope all is well,
Ahmet weavesmiley

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lillie Frog

This has been bugging me, so I'm going to post again. My last post might have been a bit sarky, but it was for fun. This time I am both insulted and annoyed......

Go lille frog go bounce bounce2 spank spank bounce2 bounce

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I am sorry if I came across as rude lillie, I was only joking around in my foolish immature way. I apolgise profusely for my ill-tasted humour and withdraw all comments age related...and my punctuation redface
In all seriousness I would say you more mature people would have a better opinion of music than i do as i am young and have little experience in such matters.
But as a matter of fact Skull I have heard of of most of your music collection and have most of it myself.

Again, I apologise for my rudeness.

(Wow, I really stuck both feet in my mouth this time)

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: Flame Boy

I am sorry if I came across as rude lillie, I was only joking around in my foolish immature way. I apolgise profusely for my ill-tasted humour and withdraw all comments age related...and my punctuation redface
In all seriousness I would say you more mature people would have a better opinion of music than i do as i am young and have little experience in such matters.
But as a matter of fact Skull I have heard of of most of your music collection and have most of it myself.

Again, I apologise for my rudeness.

(Wow, I really stuck both feet in my mouth this time)

i think big hole, jump, and two feet spring to mind hug

558 posts

Posted:
Oops
I lost it a bit, didn't I.

*slaps her self round the head in an attempt to remember how to take a joke*

I have been trying to get on HOP all day, but the pooter crashed every time.
Damnable thing!

Thanks people for all the kind words. hug ubblove hug
love and hugs to you all.

Skully, you have a cd collection to die for.

Flame boy. I'll let you off this time, but be nasty to me again and I'll put you over y knee and spank you! wink

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
for anyone who has just joined this thread and cant be arsed to look back i'll summarise, ass spankings are being dished out by lillie frog and busted are crap, thats all its a bout really, hooray! ubblol

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

558 posts

Posted:
Yup

I got my spanking shoes on today,
biggrin

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh and me being a hypocrite also didnt read back at the latst posts since i posted, but hey flame boy what does age have anything to do about busted? ok granted over 50's or so yeh, but im sure most people can have any choice in music regardless of their ages, just cos the majority of the masses of busted followers of mid pubescent teenage girls ubblol, doesnt mean that people of older age cant have a 'open' view about busted

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

558 posts

Posted:
What that about over 50s?
Are you angling after a spanking?

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
gulp, no mistress

558 posts

Posted:
Well, kiss my spanking shoes and say sorry, or I'll get out the cricket bat.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
kiss is that better?

558 posts

Posted:
It'll do for now,
You better be good in future cos if you've been a bad boy I'll put you over my knee and make you very sorry.
biggrin

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
wow, its almost tempting to be bad wink
anyway im off to bed or else some other hopper may be spanking me, yeh you know who you are!! night to all hoppers around the world

Will
x

558 posts

Posted:
Wel, night night Will.
And every one else, cos I'm turning in too.
So, if anyone out there is hankering for a spankering, you will have to wait till tomorrow for the reopening of Lillie's house of pain.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

for anyone who has just joined this thread and cant be arsed to look back i'll summarise, ass spankings are being dished out by lillie frog and busted are crap, thats all its a bout really, hooray! ubblol

lol bugger see whats happens when i come out of HOP, frown and now i have to go to work grrrr i am gonna miss you guys,
hugs to all

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Maybe this thread wasn't such a brill idea?

frown

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
HAAAAAY! busted aren't crap! the lil blonde one (not charlie...o god kill me, i know their names), smiled at me! and we brushed arms. hell yeah! and at the time i had five colours in my hair as well!!!...or was that McFly that did that song...anyway, back to the point...well i like them...they have good taste hehe tongue

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
na dont worry flameboy, everyone is entitled to their opinion, as you have seen people have mixed views on busted, unfortunately for you the majority swing away from them, but that happens in life

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Hey stroo, dont be ashamed of knowing Charlie Simpson's, James Bourne's and Matt Jay's names! Do you like McFly too?

558 posts

Posted:
I would like to say that Flame Boy sent me a very nice PM, and that we have sorted everything out now and we are going to be friends.
hug

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
good to hear smile

Page: