Forums > Social Chat > 'Busted' rock my world!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
This is a poll to see how many 'Busted' fans are out there and how many 'Busted' anti -fans are out there. So please let me know what your feelings are towards this great band cool

The main reason I ask this is because in my school house of 50 lads only a couple of us liked Busted, so some peeps may take this to mean that we were wrong, but we were guys who had great taste in music (we do like other bands too) so it could be that we were just a cut-above-the-rest appreciating a quality of music far in advance of most average peoples understanding............but maybe not confused

While you're making your own statement on 'Busted', make one on 'McFly' too, cos again it was only the 'Busted' guys that liked 'McFly' biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*cougheditcough*

ubbangel
EDITED_BY: Durbs (1098108390)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
offtopic

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
Tone? What tone? There was *tone*?

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You see where you write "sin" Gothmuppet?

Is that to be taken in the imperative form?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I looked in here - ready for a wonderful tirade against Busted whom I loathe only to discover that the titled threat is not in fact sarcasm.

I know music diversity should be appreciated yada yada but I'd feel little sadness if I heard that busted had been tied to a tree and burnt alive along with Ronan Keating and his spawns of syrypy boybland Westlife & the R&Pee wannabee's!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

192 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom

You see where you write "sin" Gothmuppet?

What? Right there, where you did?

Written by:

Is that to be taken in the imperative form?

It's neither order nor offer, it's just a fact of life!

OK, so it's my name...

sin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Rajiv SINhain?

biggrin

At last!!!

192 posts

Posted:
Do I look like a Rajiv? I'm not sure whether to be offended or not!

sin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*private joke*

smile

192 posts

Posted:
Bah!

sin

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
just noticed this thread.

I hate all modern day boybands! Filth! Talentless filth! Gah! There music irritates me to yet more insanity!

oh yeah... offtopic

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: FoeHammer

I refuse to believe 'Busted' are lyrical geniuses. Have you listened to Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel?

I recommend 'The Boxer'

yes, yes i have. and um, you are quite right Busted are not lyrical geniuses, that comment should be taken with a pinch of salt... no, perhaps a whole salt shaker.... dang nammit, the whole sea!!

Is this thread going to turn into a collective grumble about the decline of the music industry because that would be fun.....
although i truly believe that a significant chunk of music has always been utterly crap, and you have to appreciate that for what it is, i.e. utterly crap. And it's no good saying that such-a-such were good because everyone remembers them and they've been around for 40 years or whatever, does not mean they were musically gifted! (this should not be read as referring directly to simon and garfunkel, no band in particular), people will probably remember Shiteney in 40 years and it sure as hell doesn't make the songs any better. Out of a bad, bad bunch, Busted at least have comical value, if you appreciate them for what they are. I don't believe they are trying to amaze the world with their song writing ability... there are others who clearly are and are still utterly crap. check Bedingfield...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

FoeHammerBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
The whole sea must drown 'Busted', 'Boybands', those bloody idiots on Top Of The Pops ( i cringe whenever that show comes on - i am convinced that the presenters are machines, no one can pretend to like such drivel for so long, im just waiting for..'does no compute error! error!', followed by smoke, elictrical sparks and meltdown ).

can someone explain to me the point of a Rave, or precisely Rave Music, not dance but the constant, unaltering thump of bass against a mutttering medly of high pitched squeaks and computer squarks?

Anger Is A Gift

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
My son likes rap, and the lyrics! All women either seem to be a 'bitch' or a 'ho' (Do they spell it like this?) It's pretty grim from a feminist point of view.

Mind you, if he had to get a bitch and a 'ho', he'd come back with a female dog and a gardening implement!

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

Written by: NOn

check Bedingfield...

Do you mean Natasha "Nothing I write is ever good enough" Bedingfield?

(Hey - those words are her words... ubbangel )

meh... both of 'em... although she at least admits it.

ubblol @ Lillie Frog. If that's the case it's nice to hear that kids are showing an interest in gardening and care so much about animals... biggrin

558 posts

Posted:
Indeed. If he started a dog walking service he'd think he was a pimp cos he had a whole string of bitches...

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
As far as I'm concerned, Busted could be magically turned into a steaming pile of horse poo and still make better music than they do now.

However, I like McFly.
I've never heard their music, but the name is enough to kick thoughts of back to the future into my head, which can only be a good thing smile

Now I've left my opinion, I'm going to make like a tree... and get out of here.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lillie Frog

My son likes rap, and the lyrics! All women either seem to be a 'bitch' or a 'ho' (Do they spell it like this?) It's pretty grim from a feminist point of view.

Mind you, if he had to get a bitch and a 'ho', he'd come back with a female dog and a gardening implement!

tis spelt like hoe, as in yes a garden hoe, those rappers will tie anything to a gold chain from their neck!

the thing i hate about top of the pops is the girls in the crowd, whenever the performer spins or moves slightly they all go wooooooo

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... and the really sad thing about that, is that apparently you have to be over 18 to even go in the top of the pops audience, these people are grown ups!!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
eek over 18'a? doesnt that immediately reduce their audience considering most pop princess's are 14??

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

However, I like McFly.
I've never heard their music, but the name is enough to kick thoughts of back to the future into my head, which can only be a good thing smile

I wish I could say the same thing. Any band named after BttF should totally kick arse... but McFly make Busted look good. They really do. frown

Besides, Busted talk about a Flux Capacitor in one of their "songs"... but it didn't make them good!

I'm gonna form a band called "The Brave Little Toaster" after one of the best kids films of all time. And they're going to be a manufactured teen-pop band who pretend to play guitars and jump up and down a lot.

(I'm all for jumping up and down, by the way)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

eek over 18'a? doesnt that immediately reduce their audience considering most pop princess's are 14??

you'd think, wouldn't you... but apparently they can still dupe plenty of people into believing it's good... confused

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
You never used to have to be over 18 to go in Top of the Pops. If you go back to some of the 1983-4 ones you can see an old school friend of mine in the audience all the time. Her uncle worked at the BBC and used to get her tickets to get. She was 15-16 years old then.

On a brighter note I got the new Tom Waits album today biggrin Go on, Go and buy it and see what you are missing! Busted pfffffft little boys playing at being pop stars. They won't last. ubblol

*runs and hides from all the freaky busted groupies*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

My hairs on fireIf its got pistons or boobs, its gonna be expensive...
515 posts

Posted:
Pretty happy to see that im not the only one who despises all of these media produced lifeless ''rock'' bands...grrrrr!
Id love to be within chucking distance at on of there gigs lol, or just pull out the cd that there miming to!

On the American hip-hop side of things, the day that they arnt allowed to show scantly clad ladys on there videos is the day they all file fro bankrupcy! UK hip hop is much better, alot more underground and more about the production/lryics!

Henry Hill - 'One day the kids from the neighbourhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home, you know why? It was out of respect'...

ahmet_20valve_ahmet(at)hotmail(dot)com
Hope all is well : )

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Well there certainly are some rather strong opinions out there. Someone earlier in this thread asked me if i was regretting starting it - im not sure. Im only interested to see what you guys have got to say so i am glad i started it...im just not that happy about the responses ive got!

Altho, there was one thing i hadnt really considered: as i read all there posts (54 since i last looked!!!) i realised some of you guys offering your opinions are acrually kinda old! Someone earlier mentioned their kids listening to rap - you are far too old to be having opinions on modern music mad nah, im only kidding, but i do think you have to be a bit younger to have a "valuable" opinion on Busted!

By the way "my hairs on fire", it has already been mentioned that Busted dont mime!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I hope that didnt seem too serious - i was joking for most of it devil ubbloco

558 posts

Posted:
Kinda old?
Ha Ha.
You will be one day and then everyone will laugh. (except me, I'm so old that I'll be dead by then, obviously.)
Don't think we know nothing. We are still able to listen to music (not deaf yet!), and there were manufactured bands around when I was young. They were crap, as they still are now.
Last time I was busted it was awful, they searched through my knicker draw and their dog didn't like ours.
Sorry, I'm rambling in my old age.
Ps. can you teach me to suck eggs now?
Oh no, you kids have a phone attatchment that does that for you.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol YAY Lillie Frog YAY! ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
IMO, the only time the word 'busted' should be used is when you're caught doing something you shouldn't be doing. i.e something which is generally frowned upon.

make of that what you will wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
argh, if i said what i felt about busted, i would probably end up offending a lot of people.

Therefore I shall not speak a word.

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

Page: