Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Sta Bar this weekend. I'll be visiting family, and they'll probably take all (or nearly all) my time, but I was wondering if there's anyone out there...

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
My mom lives there half the year, but she's not there now and neither am I. :-(

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

456 posts

Posted:
Well, drat. What's the opposite of "dodging a bullet"? I see your :-( and raise you :-( :-(.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

456 posts

Posted:
Nobody in Sta Bar, huh? Sigh.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If only there were some way to "Meet Others" in the "Community" that you could then "Search".

That would be cool. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

456 posts

Posted:
Why, yeah, that sure would be a nice...uh, that is...

redface redface redface

OK, per that, there's only one person in Sta Bar. One named "spud" who's "looking to get into poi" but has never posted. Gender: "not telling." Much as I'd love to meet Spud whoever s/he is, it doesn't sound like a thriving firespinning community.

Thanks, though...I forget this site has features other than the boards!

456 posts

Posted:
BTW NYC whenever I see your "in a balloon..." label, I think of that old song...

Wouldn't you like to fly
In my beautiful balloon...

Typical mid-60s pop, words that are basically just a vehicle for a tune. Keeps popping into my head, don't know why.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think my grandma used to sing that one...

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

456 posts

Posted:
More likely Great-Grandma...or am I judging by your size? wink

Seriously, I WAS a child when that song was popular...just as I was sitting at the table eating my Quisp (I think it was) when they announced that Janis Joplin ("the High Priestess of Acid Rock") had OD'd. They had to say who she was, because it was a classical/NPR station.