• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > Adding weight to glow-stick chains?

Login/Join to Participate

Jessica Martin

Total posts: 6
Posted:I spin fire and glowsticks. Now with my glowstick pois (attached to chains), they are super light, TOO light in weight. Anyone have any tips for adding weight to glow-stick poi?

~

Delete Topic

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:Hang more than one glow stick on the chain at a time. Tape a bundle of them together then attach them to the chain.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

Dentrassi
Dentrassi

ZORT!
Total posts: 3044
Posted:but if your suffering from a glowstick shortage, tape some lead fishing weights, or if that fails, some larger coins to your sticks.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Tape a small child to each.

Or tape a wrecking ball one each (a small one mind you)

smile

Delete

originalsmit
originalsmit

addict
Total posts: 469
Posted:keep them ultra light and learn some glowstringing moves

or add blu tack

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Delete

vanize
vanize

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3899
Posted:Written by: Dentrassi

but if your suffering from a glowstick shortage, tape some lead fishing weights, or if that fails, some larger coins to your sticks.

Ouch!

when I didn't feel like using 2 fresh glowsticks, I would use one new one and one used one on each chain.

alos try using lighter chain when you spin glow to get the angular momentum further out.

actually learning to spin with very light objects is very helpful, teaches you very precise plane control and subtlety of transition.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Delete

nearly_all_gone
nearly_all_gone

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1626
Posted:I've always found that making a contraption out of a tennis ball and 2 keyrings which goes on your chains, then has the stick hanging underneath, does the job pretty well. It creates the same amount of... I dunno, drag or whatever that you'd look for in practise poi, and you can always insert stuff into the ball to up the weight if required.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Delete

Jessica Martin

Total posts: 6
Posted:Small child or wrecking ball...interesting solutions...

I really like the tennis ball idea, yet I could never engineer in my brain how to attach the glowstick to the end of the tennis ball. perhaps if i use a string through the tennis ball, the physically tie the glowsticks to the end of the string?? How do you make yours?

-Jessica

Delete