Forums > Social Chat > Is it bad if you are not patriotic????

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
My rant of the month...

Although American by birth and by passport. I dont really know the place... Raised in Puerto Rico, moved to london five years ago... I also speak three languages which gives me a different perspective, if you are multi-lingual you understand why I say that...

Parents work for old uncle sam; I have worked for uncle sam! My father is ex-military and yes he did serve in a war: vietnam...

Yet I have no 'patriotic' feelings, besides having the belief that not only are Americans not free but neither is anyone else as long as some guy in a suit determines what I can and cant do, particularly with my own contiousness!!
A guy in a suit who also decides who my country will be 'friends' with, which country we will sanction and which one we will bomb/abuse!!!

I believe I was brain washed from birth mainly due to the workings of the country I was born in!
By who? Well to mention a few...

-My parents, who think Bush is smart! Who have also been brain washed according to my theory...

-Television: Did anyone notice all the pro-america, pro-military, pro-war movies on american TV right after Sept. 11th??? I mean dont you think the media affects you?

and finally...

-my primary school, much like many schools in America (it was run by Americans) where I had to sing the US anthem every morning AND afternoon, as well as hold my hand over my heart whilst saying the pledge of aliegance AND if that isnt enough I also had to sing 'America the beautiful'...

'freedom and liberty' ... yeah for the ignorant!

Now before all you americans go bashing on me, this is MY opinion. I am not saying I am right I am just expressing MY personal beliefs. I also lost people on sept 11th; I cried too! Not for the country, for the innocent lives taken!

So to get back to my point... or actually lack of

Am I a traitor if I dont believe in this whole 'patiotic' deal?
Does that make me bad, stupid, ignorant, or anything else?
Do other Americans dislike people like me?
Is it worse if I say that I would trade my passport for one of the EU, where I ultimately want to live?
Does anyone understand what it feels like to NOT have a country? To be a child of the world!

When I go to america I am obviously british and here I am obviously an american!
What to do what to do...
Will I ever get away from these stupid lables these pressumed states of mind?
WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST BE????? Is it so hard to just BE regardless of your place of birth?

I will keep searching for MY truth, not that which is attached to any particular country or belief... I just hope I am not judged for being who I am instead of who I am told to be!!!

Much love to all.. Drome
Dont worry I dont loose sleep over this

[ 10 July 2002, 10:38: Message edited by: dromepixie ]

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Thanks yalls for the B-Day wishes!!

I ll drink one for me too!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Ray, are you in SCA, by any chance?

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
ya it was me that said that, you just came on strong. dont take it personal. about the sissy boy
sorry to mix up your gender... sissy girl hee hee. i was just trying to get a rise out of ya i did not mean anything personal. we do get a little excited on these posts. your butting heads with a hardline patriot, however i do pride myself on being an open minded person and i do take in opinions even if they do go against what i generally believe in. i do have a bit of a soft spot for the marine corp or any armed force because no matter what the goverment does they are there for our protection and to liberate and they do a damn fine job. i know the military has been used for less pure reasons but the soldier on the feild is there for honorable reasons and deserves respect for that.. no that anyone is really attacking soldiers in particular but it does start to lean that way sometimes and i think people need to stop and think about who there really upset with. i would just like to say that there are some really smart people here (on both sides) with great arguements and veiws and im grateful to be able to have these debates with all of you. to each his own.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
happy birthday ray!!!
**salute**

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Am I a card carrying member? No

I have been known to bash the sword and board around once or twice!! I dont get to much into it because I dont have the time.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Page: