Forums > Social Chat > Where did u get that name.............

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Let's see now: we know most of each other's ages........wouldn't the elucidation of our nicknames make for some gripping bedtime reading? ------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Hephaestos - i never realized you are Greek!!! grin don't think you've mentioned it b4 either smile - do you live permanently in the US or are you just studying there???happy swinging,Simos

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
My real name is Lutzkivitchki (loots-key-vich-key) ...Need I say more ?For short I go by 'Lutz' but people always cock it up by mispronouncing it or thinking it's my surname and calling me "Mr Lutz" - when I tell them I'm actually *Mr Schniewind* they say: "Gesundheit!!"'Bish the Ding' just sounded like a normal name to me, so I've gone with it ...If your wondering what a "Ding" is, try to imagine a six foot smurf on speed (tall, blue, and wired!)[This message has been edited by Bish_the_Ding (edited 10 March 2001).]

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm Endangered Sanity because most of my friends think im crazy... and i do some crazy stuff... like i jumped off a 2 metre ledge and hurt my knee.... trip myself down stairs... so i thouhgt the name might be fitting grin

ykaterinaBRONZE Member
107 posts

Posted:
bish, i have to say it...you are just absolutely my favorite person.8)katja

Lazerousmember
17 posts

Posted:
my nickname has a pretty neat story behind it. when i was a freshmen in highschool i was taking a world history class with the most amazing teacher ive ever had the privalige of being taught by. but anyway about 1/4 of the way through the first semester i got very sick and basically was clincally dead for a number of minutes before they could revive me. well i ended up missing the rest of the first semester. upon return to school for the second semester the first thing out of his mouth was Lazurus you've returned from the dead. at the time i really had no clue who lazurus was or what he really meant. hell i didnt even know how to spell it properly. but the name stuck. one day i decided that it would be my login to the schools LAN, but i spelled it lazerous. ever since then ive been lazerous, except in one small circle of very close friends where jazzer one of my best friends equaled jizzer, and lazerous equaled lazydick.. on occassion i go by Kuray (ka-rye) but thats usually only to friends in everquest or other rpgs. anyone else.. id love to hear more about everyone.. this group is so neat.

Bish_the_Dingmember
52 posts

Posted:
ykaterina - you sound quite fascinating yourself ...Tell me, do you, er, speak with an accent? =>I never knew that about Russian names ! The extent of my knowledge was that if your dad was an Ivan and you were a girl, you'd be an Ivanova - if you were a guy you'd be an Ivanovich ...(or have I got that wrong ?)I had this Russian phrase book (which I stupidly borrwed to someone and never got back! Ghack ! Ptui !) that was just full of useful phrases! My best was from things you might hear at a doctors office: "Lie down, I'm going to examine you."Whoo-hoo ! Now if you want to say something in another language, THAT has to make the top ten !!Unfortunately I've forgotten how to say it, but I can still say things like "please", "thank you", "it's nothing", and "hands up!" ...Nice one WildChild for starting this off ! It's been a source of much mirth !Going to Rustlers this Easter ?Bish

Hasst du etwas zeit fuer mich?... Dan singe ich ein lied fuer dich ... -Bjork/Nena

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
umm. mine sort of evolved from being called odious owen and about 94 i started signing it o-o online coz it was easy to type. since then it has been many things like orange-oil obsolete-obstacle one-only etc. its pronounced ohdeeoh. i've also been called "over dose" after my initials, pus, leaky, odie and numerous other horrible and fascinating things. eeewww!thanx Wailt-Tjailt (duzz you haff more South African insider grappies? smile) for a cool thread.cheerso-o

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Bish:-----Dunno 'bout Rustlers yet. Will let u know as soon as I'm sure, though. It will b cool 2 meet up.........if I go. Have been to Rustlers twice for the Easter gathering, but that was a few years ago. Looking 4ward 2 checking out the current scene........0-0:----Aai kên tolk kwaait i lôt ôf lekker staff ien de mathirlênguiedh. Jêbô gôgô........ rolleyes------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I have always been a Superman freak...When i was little i had the cape, the underoos, the pajamas, you name it...i had it.But it wasnt untill about 4 yrs ago, when i strted going to this pool hall about 5 nights a week, that the same group of people saw me twice in the same week with two separate Superman shirts.( I own about 10 different ones) Plus i had a "S" logo ring, Wallet, keychain, necklace...ect..So they started calling me Super'..Eversince. Im getting a tattoo of the Bleeding shield this summer from "the death of Superman" comic at the base of my neck. Plus i am going to name my first born son Kalel...of course maybe i should discuss that with my wife at some point... grin------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
If you've never read the dreamlike and inspirational Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman, I'd like to take this opportunity to heartily recommend them. You won't be sorry.I've used the name sandman online for about a decade. You might occasionally see me going by the name of Tokyodrifter (in places where someone beat me to the name sandman), and there's a group of girls at my local who call me Mystery Man for no apparent reason. Something to do with the goatee and wearing black all the time I think.

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
My nickname is beaker as in the orange haired mad scientist off the sesame street programe (i think) It may have something to do with my orange hair........ but i used pyro_teknik cos i thought i would have a firey theme to my username seeing as this is a fire twirling site and such !!And sandman I am also a fan of the books in fact the 'seasons of mist' book is currently sat atop of my desk right now. I also like the Preacher graphic novels too check em out.pyro

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I thought it'd be funny. I know how well you all know Pele and I thought it'd stir up some good emails to her. (Which I heard it has. grin)Since she's started up the performance group my nick is now on the website and other friends have seen it. It ammuses me still so I'm glad I picked this one.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
Code128My nick came from a place that I'm going to guess most people would not be able to name. Thats right it is a bar code symbology that defines what exactly each of the narrow and fat bars mean. I worked in the software world for a couple of years designing and testing a bar code labeling/Database program and when I came across that symbology name at the same time that I was playing HalfLife pretty regulary I knew that my handle was destined to be Code128. If anyone ever played the Gasworks board you may remember my Graffiti Fear the Code!Yeah its funny, but what can I say im really just a large child, and I dont see anything wrong with that. Josh

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I smokes em.Boring I know, but life's too short to get hung up on a name, especially when ya smoke Marlboro's.:-)~~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Bass as in Bass Guitar, pronounced as "Base." Not to be confused with the fish.So I think it was about 9 years ago, when the internet was hardly present, I started loging on to BBS's with my 300 baud modem (1200 baud was common at the time, but hey I was happy with my 300 baud). You could see letters slowly scrolling across the screen as they were being downloaded. hehe. Anyway that's when I was first forced to pick a "handle" as it was called it the time. Bass guitar was my life at the time, so I became Bassman. I don't use that nickname too much anymore but I decided to use it here cuz it reminds me of good times smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Did anyone read through the first page and realise how few of them there are still on here? frown Sad.Whipping Boy, c'mon, tell them the full story about your mom walking in on us playing the Dominatrix game! wink JOKING!Thanks for bringing this back fromthe grave, I always enjoy threads like this.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

HawaiianBornmember
5 posts

Posted:
Should speak for itself.....

If I were a bird....I'd probably be dinner...

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Myst has been a name I use for a long time. Anything with a "Y" in it is mysteriouse and catches my attention. Myst has a great conotation and makes you all cool inside. So Myst it is.Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmm, there's a funny story behind my name (bet no-one thought that!). My Christian name on my birth certificate says "Charles" but Ever since I could remember I was always called "Chad" by my family, in fact, as a young kid I used to get annoyed if people called me charles.My Dad was called Philip Charles Dolbel, his dad was Charles Phillip and his dad was Phillip Charles and, well, you get the idea.Mum apparently hated the name Charles (don't know why, her name is Beatrice!) and refused to call me it when i was growing up.I say Dad 'was' coz he died when I was 14, and ever since then I'd thought about using Charles as a respect thing. When I moved to Auckland I thought it would be the best time to do it as hardly anyone knew me. And so I've been "Charles" to my old and new friends for about 3.5 years now.As to my performance personas, I'm also known as Sparkles, INFERNO (guess what he does) and always tell the kids that we are twin brother (INFERNO IS THE EVIL ONE!)To find out how i go the name INFERNO, there's a whole topic, under "stagename needed" if you want to check it out.Other nicknames have included Brandon (when i used to worry about my hair all the time), Stumpy (ok ok, im not that tall...), The Fire Guy, The Unicycle Guy and lots of other names my fiance calls me that I won't say *blush*.------------------Charleshttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
pozee, HUH?well my last name is posey, everyone calls me that because there are too many mikes and michaels in the world. and usually people pronounce my name as posse when the see it spelled the right way, so i figured that with a z and two e's it would be easier to understand. sometimes i go by poz or pose. or some other form like that.

anyone got a light?

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Actually, I need to change my identity/screen name/email in a week or two so it's funny that this should come up. I'm finding it problematic having one related to my name. It's hard to do! It's funny that selecting your screen name is a very important decision in this day and age! I'll let you know what I pick.

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Er... well... blackbird was my password to... some other... thing. Which I won't tell you, in case anyone I know finds this. Because it's the make of my motorbike (Honda Blackbird 1100CC, hehe) and so sort of memorable.But i just thought it might be a nice name to use... and use something else as a password, because of course, no-one sees that [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">------------------[/image] - William ShakespeareCheck out my Online Gallery!ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Augustamember
9 posts

Posted:
I've been reading Home of Poi and twirling for almost six weeks now, so it's high time I introduced myself winkMy third name is Augusta, and it's a gift from my mother. My mother's family have a fifteen-generation tradition that cycles through variants of three names - Kathryn, Elizabeth and Janice. The eldest daughter in the family will be Kathryn Elizabeth, the next Elizabeth Janice, then Janice Kathryn. In a spirited buck against tradition, my mother named me Kathryn Elizabeth Augusta and gave me the decision of a name to go by. I'm Kathryn at work, and Augusta at play smile--------------------Augusta'When the light came on it nearly blinded me.'

Augusta'What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.'

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey Augusta!! Nice to see you on the board. Will we see you at Newtown tonight? (Do you know who I am?)------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Augustamember
9 posts

Posted:
Hi Flash Fire. Of course I know who you are, when you dance it's hard to miss you winkAs I ought to have mentioned, I am under the fine tutelage of the Wick Effect, who have been patient and kind (and don't laugh too much). Berzerker even lent me a pair of practice poi, which has lessened the rigorous bruising and swearing winkI'll definitely be at Newtown tonight! Does anyone know an anti-rain dance?

Augusta'What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.'

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mine is a character on Fraggle Rock. He is a wandering mistrel, storyteller, musician, artist and all together wise chap.If the cap fits . . . winkDon't think he does firestaff tho . . . but he probably would if he heard about it grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey Cantus...cool name! I doubt he would have done firestaff - using fire toys in tight, confined spaces (ie underground) can be a little tricky sometimes! smileI loved that show. wish it was back on.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
fire could be tricky when you're covered with fur as well.____________________________________________There were some Fraggle Rock episodes released on video a few years back. They might be still available . . .------------------C@ntus

Meh

chicazulBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
Might as well join in...my name comes from the Spanish for "blue girl". It's a fairly accurate description of me, being that I have an obsession with the colour. If I could have blue fire, I would be happy. smileI started using it as a nickname because I wanted a new online nick (not the ones I'd used since high school), and I liked the sound of it!

MogliGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone!!!!I'm new but I thought I'd put my bit in straight away.Got the nick Mogli when I was a tour guide in Europe with Stray Travel. We were in Barcelona at the cheezie dance clubs on my training trip. Apparently my style ressembled that of an ape, so they called me King Louis from the Jungle Book. That didn't stick and cause my appearance more suited the charater Mowgli, they called me that and it stuck. I didn't know how to spell it hence the lack of a w.

Live life, don't just exist.

Page: ...