Forums > Help! > Questions about the twisted oval link stainless steel chain...

Login/Join to Participate

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Any relatively experiences spinners had a chance to use these yet? I'm trying to graduate from 13# SS ballchain as I believe they are what is screwing up my hyperlooping ability with fire. I have a couple questions:

WHY is it 8 dollars a foot? The nickel plated is only a bit over a dollar a foot, similar to ballchain. Is the welded SS chain basically unbreakable?

How well do they dissapate heat as compared to ballchain? I can do wraps with my ballchain very easily. No pinching, no kinks, no issues whatsoever. The burns don't bother me. Are they fine for someone who does *TONS* of wraps with fire?

Lastly: Can they connect directly to Quick Links? I already have handles, quick links, fire poi... I don't want to buy the chain setup, I just want the chain and the swivel. Can I simply buy swivels, chain, and connect my existing handles and quick link to the chain?

Thanks for any help or input. Ooh ooh, side question: Any ETA on when the new Cathedrals will be on HOP? I need new poi I keep breaking mine!

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
One more question - What do you need to cut it? I was thinking about getting 5-ish feet of it and cutting it down. If it's so strong and powerful and all-knowingly good, how can I cut it in to poi-length pieces?!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:

Any relatively experiences spinners had a chance to use these yet? I'm trying to graduate from 13# SS ballchain as I believe they are what is screwing up my hyperlooping ability with fire. I have a couple questions:

Yes dog chin is the best, i ONLY use it, but you can get different grades, my g-friend prefers super thin, while i like middle range, id say u should never get it tooo big!

WHY is it 8 dollars a foot? The nickel plated is only a bit over a dollar a foot, similar to ballchain. Is the welded SS chain basically unbreakable?

Its $3 for nearly 2' here.

How well do they dissapate heat as compared to ballchain? I can do wraps with my ballchain very easily. No pinching, no kinks, no issues whatsoever. The burns don't bother me. Are they fine for someone who does *TONS* of wraps with fire?

No burns EVER, they are the best chain i have used for wraps.

Lastly: Can they connect directly to Quick Links? I already have handles, quick links, fire poi... I don't want to buy the chain setup, I just want the chain and the swivel. Can I simply buy swivels, chain, and connect my existing handles and quick link to the chain?

I use split rings. You can connect them to anything. Fishing shops are good, u can get temopred swivels, but i wouldn't recomend little split rings, mine only lasted over 6 months.

Thanks for any help or input. Ooh ooh, side question: Any ETA on when the new Cathedrals will be on HOP? I need new poi I keep breaking mine!

Make your own?

One more question - What do you need to cut it? I was thinking about getting 5-ish feet of it and cutting it down. If it's so strong and powerful and all-knowingly good, how can I cut it in to poi-length pieces?!

GOOD plyers work, i have a vice also [im not saying what it is;) ] But a hacksaw is real good, even a coping saw works, but plyer are fast.

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Thanks so much, very helpful. The 8 dollars a foot I was speaking of was referring to how much the HOP shop charges.

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
i don't quite understand why it's so expensive. i can't in good consience recommend twisted link (curb) chain for poi, no matter how good it's other qualities may be. the stuff has a nasty tendancy to pinch too hard and too often. =]

but if anybody knows where to get some titanium oval link chain, (in ~ 1/2" size) hook me up =]

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Is the welded SS chain basically unbreakable?

yes, but it depends on the grade your talking about. My pitbull broke nearly everything, but that chain! I swear by it, its also so easy to clean.

As for pinching, i dont think we are even talking about the same chain, iv never been pinched yet.

For reference, im using this type of chain. But the grade i use if finer (smaller) Is that what you were talking about>? About half as big as that is what im using, but my friend use's that size and my girlfriend use's 1/4 that size.

Non-Https Image Link