Forums > Social Chat > I spun poi in a balloooooon!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So me and this guy are putting these go go dancers inside of balloons all evening... They're huge 7 foot balloons. I think they might be weather balloons but I'm not sure. Anyway, half way through the evening I'm like... "I wanna get in the balloon!"... and so I do.

And it was THE MOST FUN EVER!

I spun poi inside the balloon for about 10 minutes (there was apparently plenty of air). I CANNOT tell you how much fun it was to be in the balloon. It's like a million degrees and the balloon quickly starts to fog up as sweat is dripping off of you. It's totally intense. Then spinning glowpoi that I got in Scotland (Thank you Molly!) ... the crowd said it looked AWESOME. [Not bragging, I didn't make the glowpoi or the balloon... I just used em]... I wish I could have seen it but I did manage to get some very strange but very cool looking photos. Check out my member gallery....

Here!

The second one is me inside the balloon... scantily clad and in partial makeup... the rest are blurry and artistic cuz they're time lapse.

If you ever have a chance to go in a balloon... do it. Trust me. And if you can, bring a friend, that was fun too... (no photos of that though...)

Am I the first to poi in a balloon? Does that make me the "International Poi in a Balloon Champion"?

Swweeeeeet! biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hamsters don't wear leather. Everyone knows that you can't wear fur and leather at the same time. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Maybe you are a hamster with no grasp on Fashion!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ive never been in a balloon but I did have to wear a giant inflatable cup man suit when working at Quiznos. It does indeed get hot as hell in there. Its not really so much hot as it is humid cuz of all the moisture coming off you and staying in there. Just makes you sweat buckets.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Psycho_lemming

I see.... sorry i had an image of balloons rolling out across lake, kinda like zorbing without the hill, so thought a tether might get tangled....

zorbing - that's the inflatable balloon type things that aren't balloons that are inflatable (that's the extra long way to describe the same thing twice)... but they... unlike balloons, don't need pumping up right? and presumably don't puncture. I'm sure i've seen one of them used on a lake. - smaller space inside though i guess, don't know if there's room for poi.... and you'd have to have good balance to be walking it round and spinning at the same time. I had a go on a giant hamster wheel once, (really, i did.) rodents make it look so frickin' easy...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
man thats a wicked pic! NOn is this some kind of twisted rodent fantisy that your not telling us about?...

but [censored] thats to kwel NYC love to try some think like that one day... sorta avernger styles eh... if ya seen the movie where they walk over the lake...

but berry kewl

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Luminous SoulsGOLD Member
36 posts

Posted:
that is awesome!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah one of them!! i want one...

and yeah fire bunny, my fantasy is that rodents will take over the world and everything will be set up for ease of movement by zorbing biggrin no polluting transport anymore and cheek pouches so you can save food until later! biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Page: