ffirebellGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey fire folk, I told a few kids about this in a reply to something but felt it nessesary to tell all, if you ever get the chance, check out the Cirque du Soliel's imax production Journey of man. The best part is this guy spinning a huge cube!!!! it totally rocked my world!! he was doing mostly staff moves it appeared, I cant wait to try!! Fairie firebell, spin on!

Fairie's wear boots.

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
yeah i saw that in the trailer i downloaded. very very cool. now i havent seen it yet but tell me, does he light it on fire ever? i saw a screen shot of a burning cube, also cool.DRAKE

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Not only does he light it on fire he balances it too..he is amazing. I am an avid Cirque fan. there is Soleil and another one that begins with a "D" that if I remembered my french I'd be able to remember! wink However...they are also good to pick up poi tricks from (the sisters with bolas), diablos (the little chinese girls are amazing), and body manipulation while flat palming tools...which can actually be transfered into double staff moves...not easily but it can be done. I swear they are my idols and if I were younger I really would run away to join the circus!!!! grin ------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 16 December 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL ROCK.i was lucky enough to get a free entrance into part of "quidam"(means something if your a fan) when they went to hong kong with the "saltimbanco" i love the guy who pulls the funny faces while he juggles. and the guy in the hoop.i think i might run off and join the circus.does anyone know if any of the videos are available in the uk? had a look.anyone into jugglin have a look at "feeding the fish" too

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alibaba...check out their web site...you can order videos and find out about audition information. I am literally debating auditioning.....I am in the end prolly too chicken to go through with it but....I can entertain the notion. Ren Faires are a far cry from the Cirque.At any rate...just check thier name in the web browser (can't remember exact address off hand...prolly ciruedusoleil.com), but it has lots of info on them. ------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

ALIBABAmember
52 posts

Posted:
i always end back on this site.actually just been to the cirques site and i think you should audition.the clown i was talking about (funny one) is called john gilkey andhas his own site too.trying to find if journey of man was coming anywhere near europe but yet again disapointed.i hope you do audition. i think anyone with an interest in doing things a little different would get so much out of working with them. what an experience. if you do good luck.ali

ALIBABACHICKENMANICANSEEYOURUNDERWEAR

Wraith_DividendSILVER Member
Bunny Bane
205 posts
Location: i cant see because my head is up my posteria, Engl...

Posted:
*bump*

My feet hurt

if life is for love then to love is to live
-
a quote from me!
-
god i love me
-
and i while typing this im just itching to get back to my toast
-
YAY TTTTOOOOAAAASSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
-
oh and by the way you just lost the game

NoiseyflowerBRONZE Member
Yell and scream all you like
53 posts

Posted:
I was so cut, the last time they came to melbourne. My boyfriends family offered to take me along and pay for my ticket. Un fortunatly however... he dumped me a couple of weeks before we were ment to go!!! frown I miss Cirque du Soliel. havn't been since i was a kid.