Forums > Social Chat > Bus Drivers - Good or Evil?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
OK, I like to use public transport as much as the next man, but yesterday has just proved how evil bus drivers are, particularly inner-city bus drivers. No, it's not just the fact they actually speed up when people cross in front of them. No, it's not the fact they take corners as fast as they can if people are standing, or as slow as they can in rush hour.

I left my coat on the bus. Not a problem in itself, as the bus was at the end of the line. It goes round a bit of road, comes back - fine. I ran after the bus for a bit, waving my arms and looking like a prize tit, but gave up. It's a bit harsh, but fine, he doesn't want to stop for some lunatic in the road

So the bus comes round. I explain to the driver, who doesn't look at me throughout, that I just need to go upstairs and get my coat. Fine. Fine? No. The bastard makes me pay to get on, won't wait for me and so goes to the next stop before I can get off! So I have to walk about 10 minutes back to where I was!

So, bus drivers: good or evil - discuss!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tao Star

Written by: BristolPoi

evil.

Or as least the ones in Bristol are.

Hey!!! my ex's dad is a bus driver in bristol and he's the nicest bus driver ever - he lets me and my friends on free and always has a simle for eveyone.

he's an example of someone who actually cares about his job - so not all of them are evil!

Sorry Tao Star - just the ones that i've met tend not to be very nice, so i've probably never had your ex's dad driving a bus i've been on. I'll look out for a nice smiling bus driver now and ask if he knows you...x

Gayle.....!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
Bus drivers are sooooo evil and moody!!! well the 1s up in the lakes are

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Well i sympathise with what happened, but:
I have used public transport for years and they get poor pay, very little gratitude, and have to put up with drunken yobs, mouthy teenagers etc all the time.

They have recently put up notices on the buses to tell people that having a go at bus drivers wether verbally or physically is not tolerated. THIS should not need to be said.

Every one has an off day, and some people are generally bad-tempered, id say that he's only human, and he might just be like that, but not all are bad, most are ok biggrin

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
id say about 70% are evil, theres one who i had a really decent chat with the other day who i really liked and restored my faith in bus drivers.

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bus drivers in the rest of the world are lovely though. Bit mental in India. and very very mental in the Philippines (especially in the mountains of North Luzon). But aside from that lovely with a capital LOVERLY biggrin

the nicest bus drivers in the world are in Sydney, Australia.

The second nicest are in North Island, New Zealand.

then it's Sheffield, UK - but only about 65% of them...

Meh

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
As a follow-up, I got a nice one the other day smile He let me go for free because I was only going 2 stops (ie rewarding my laziness). Karma for the other guy.

Andy - thanks, just didn't want to pee people off having only been here for like 115 posts! Thanks though smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: andythepoi

don't worry man...cant speak for anyone else but i'm particularly hard to offend and not upset by anything in this thread at all, just chatting. soz if you got the impression ya had wound me up, and sorry if it appeared i was a bit harsh with you smile

Is that why you haven't bothered replying to the PM i sent about how old you are?
Which, incidentally, took me ages of searching the net to find out...and you weren't even mildly impressed.

Meh

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Next Stop driver please...

I dislike all bus drivers there worse than white van men. I think it is because they had such wonderfull dreams when they where children of driving the village bus, honking at old Mrs Clegg at the post office, and eating jam sandwiches with Postman Pat after a round (which they finish at 2 in the afternoon). Postman pat you say, but why, because they are children and they are too busy burrying playdough into the carpet to care for anything else.

When they get there blue uniform and actually start the job they realise that they are actually in a go no where dead-end-job shuttleing old ladys and young twenty year olds who grow up to become estate agents and lawyers, and drive Audi TT's.

I hate them all, I was coming home from work a few weeks ago and I was on the top deck, I rang the bell and made my way to the bottom, I had to stop at the stairs for the driver to slow down otherwise I probably would have fallen down the funhouse stairs of death. I got to the bottom of the step and made my way to the door and he egnored me and put his foot down. So I waited for the next one, which he egnored despite standing next to him. He fianlly stopped at the next one, and get this sighed at me!

Today I got up to get off the bus, I didnt ring the bell because I didnt think I needed to on the single decker, it takes me a few seconds to slarlom down the ramp way (its like doing the Cresta Run, your at the mercy of gravity with Lancashire United), im stood next too him holding on to the rails waiting for him too slow down and it took him 2 stops to realise I wanted to get off. I finally rang the bell and got off on the third. What are these nimrods getting paid? You can do two things on a bus, get on, and get off. Im not there for conversation.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
Come on guys.

You are going to find jerks wherever you go. No matter what in whatever job.

People only take the time to notice the jerks. Here is a thread dedicated to giving all people who drive buses a hard time and insulting them and calling them evil... All because you only take the time to notice the negative people you encounter, and ignore all the nice drivers you've had.

Too bad really.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
ooo, this thread reminded me of the evil bus driver I once encountered.

I was carrying a bit of stuff, and the bus was waiting in the station. The bus was loaded up and ready to go, so I ran down to the stop, (which isn't easy when carrying a load of stuff). The driver saw me, and was waiting, and just as I got near the door, he shut it, pointed to his watch and waved goodbye.

When I think back, I can't believe how evil this was. Luckily, the next bus was only 15 minutes, but still, there was no need!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Last week I had a bus driver let me get on without buying a ticket smile

Rave, it's obvious just cos you're not cute enough tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
my local bus company has had to shell out nearly £500.000 in claims from passengers that have been injured both on and off the bus, busses that have stuck cars/cyclists AND even their own bus shelters.

confused rouge, was that ment for me???

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
yep! it was! you don't have luck on buses cos you aren't dragon-style cute tongue

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
southampton bus driversare evil biggrin they quite literally sit in their seat at the stop everyone has got on ... except 1 poor sap whose running to catch it, the bus driver (and I've watched this several times) is looking in thw wing mirror on the pavement side watching them run.

just as they are about to reach the bus they pull away (with the doors open) and leave the poor sod stranded before closing the doors with a sense of.. "well you didn't try hard enough"

this happens alot, sometimes the drivers sit there for a while after everyone is on the bus just waiting and as soon as someone runs WHOOSH off they go ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol oh dear

mostly the drivers here are alright, in the morning for work i was rushing round the corner to the stop and the driver saw me as he was approaching and waited for me which was nice.

i have however been at a stop where i used to live waiting for a bus which comes once an hour, the driver didnt even stop and just carryed on without me! so i went into the station and complained and made them tell him to turn aropund and come back to get me ubbangel ubblol

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ubblol nice work! How much did he complain when he came back for you?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
he didnt say anything ubblol he came back and i asked for a single to bolton smile

the thing is, the bus is only once an hour, and maybe only 3 or 4 people use it but its the only way to get to bolton from rossendale without doing a 2.5 hour trip through manchester.

it was a couple of years ago now lol, but somehow i dont think hes done it again since wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol!

This thread is definative proof that they are all twisted demons inside

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Page: