Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Flickidynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
would it be too much to ask for a little more warmth from the gods tonight?? *crosses fingers and toes and hopes

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, i got more warmth yesterday. with help from the goddess flynty, i now have a great new jacket bounce

see you all tonite hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
well if you call me a goddess I shall bring extra blankets....blankets = warmth (incase you didn't realise)
if you haven't called me a goddess by the time I leave I will bring extra anyway.. and just tease you with the possiblility of extra warmth..you may then call me a goddess and you may then have blankety warmth biggrin

hug me!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hmm will the rain hold off till tonight? i really need to work on some stuff and thing.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ezz, you are a goddess.. fortunately, it wasnt too cold tonite, so it didnt matter that i only read that post after i got home tongue

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Flickidynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Did anyone pick up a brown cow-neck jumper last night after I left? I'll be soo sad's if I have lost it.

Super fun last night.

Can we pleasee have a noice maker sunday again?? I'll even bring my flute and ad lib if you want biggrin

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
sure did, its in my bag.. oh crap that was another thing, I was meant to give you your makeup..

aaalso..I've noticed after our meets there's been more rubbish left about, the people at the end of the night are having to clean up..I know its easy to get distracted during the night and easy to forget you even bought [insert food item here]. But yeh please remember to put your rubbish in the bin or your bag.....ok um yeh ..I feel so bossy ..eek ubblol

hug me!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Can we officially make sunday nights during winter an under the bridge scenario? its so much warmer, and we never have to worry if it rains...

anyways. Yeah. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Sounds really good like to me... Might I just suggest checking out the laws on fire in the city as we we're told about last sunday Flynty... Just to cover our own kiesters...

and perhaps also if someone could invent some kind of device to incapacitate and cause pain for (without leaving marks) little turds who throw rocks during meets... ubbloco wink ubblol

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Is anyone here a very active community member of the melbourne fire circles ?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
well it depends on the which fire meets:

regular:
wed fitzroy (weekly, the BIG one (also a drumming gathering))
sunday QV gardens, Melb (weekly, this thread)
plus every melb bush doof every weekend!

non regular:
frankston, ringwood lake, St Kilda night markets (summer), St Kilda foreshore (at the Rotary reserve)

melb is a very nice city to be a twirler smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

paula_steve_angelBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys (and girls) we're over from the uk (permanently) and looking for some spinny friends. Is your meet on this sunday and if so how do I find you?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

hey, thats the map of the garden where we meet. just replace *durbs* with yourself. if the wether is bad we tend to go down to the bridge at southbank, which is on the opposite side of the river to flinders st station.

cheers, pete hug

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

I feel really bad but I'm in need of a huge favour. As most of you know Dave is coming and I'm picking him up from the airport at an ungodly hour (6.45am!) on Tuesday the 30th of May. Is anyone able to put me up for a night? (I will try my best not to wake you as I leave!) Instead of me having to leave home at 4am to get there in time! ubblol

Also, we will be going to and from Melbourne a little. Is anyone willing to have us both for a night or two? Bare in mind that I'm not the world's greatest Melbourne driver! (I get scared! frown)

The nights will be the 30th and

Possibly the 31st.

Saturday the 3rd and

Sunday the 4th (he flies to Sydney Monday morning!)

redface ubbangel

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
I can put you up the night before for sure..I live like 20 mins from the airport. You know you're always welcome here. and if you want probably the 4th aswell seeing you need the airport again and all smile

and probably any other time aswell..but I don't want to hog you both.... well unless you neeed to be hogged, in which case I'm more than happy to hog you! wink biggrin

hug me!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm hogging Steph as a personal tour guide, so I guess hogging isn't out of the question! ubblol

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I thought I'd already put my hand up for hosting? lol

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hehehe..I knew I shouldn't hog you guys..god I am smart and all

hug me!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
We'll sort something out!

tis going to be a busy week!

*grin*

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey everyone

im gona be placing an order from dube in the next week or so. im happy to add other stuff to the list to combine postage costs.

im gona go sleep now hug

zzzzZZZZZzzzzz.....

Reikennewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Sunday twirling?
I live in melbourne too, I'd love to come allong sometime! What time, dates and place do you meet up at?

Also, does anyone know anything about Carlton Gardens or wednesday night spinning in the city?

*looks forward to reply*
haha, thanks
-Cam

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Steph, remember the 3rd of June is my place biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah. I wasn't sure if it would be cool if we stayed or not redface ubbangel

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
No it isn't cool, but I'm going to grit my teeth and bare it because I think I've been doing a good job of pretending to like you and saying you cant stay wouold just foil all my plans.

wink

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Reiken

Sunday twirling?

I live in melbourne too, I'd love to come allong sometime! What time, dates and place do you meet up at?

Also, does anyone know anything about Carlton Gardens or wednesday night spinning in the city?

*looks forward to reply*

haha, thanks

-Cam

hey wave we meet under the bridge on southbank at hm 530..6 ish on sundays. its usually in the queen victoria gardens(across fromt the arts center) but its raining all the time now and its cosy under the bridge in winter..

yeh aand I noticed you already posted in wednesday night meet thread so I assume you already figured that one out smile EDIT..ok it wasn't wednesady night thing you posted in ..its probably ont eh second page oor something .. [Old link]

see you there sometime.
EDITED_BY: ezz (1148278538)

hug me!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
.:*pokes head out from hiding spot in the corner of the thread*:.

so ummm... i might come to one of these in august biggrin ubblove hug grouphug snug you all sooooon!*:.

bounce .:*wiggle*:. bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
ooooh yaay. last sunday there was glitter all over the ground and I thought hmmm a pixie's been here. but maybe it was just getting prepared.

hug me!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pineapple pete

im gona be placing an order from dube in the next week or so. im happy to add other stuff to the list to combine postage costs.

:O i was just thinking of buying a Topper from there last night! pity i cant really afford it at the moment seeing as i'm unemployed. oh well. what are you buying?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
am getting a flair bottle, and two shaker cups. if i can afford it, possibly a bowler bounce

see you real soon pixie bounce

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Hey guys. Thanks for the shoulders on Sunday. Unfortunately, I have some bad news. No, it's not about me and my best friend, it's about those who came in contact with my hair...I discovered today that I had lice (will teach me to work with kids!) so you all might want to check your hair. I am so amazingly sorry everyone if you have caught them from me.

But in good news, I have the internet back biggrin

Page: ......