Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

jimjimrangernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
hhahaha

Ah Jim. Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim. Come here. We'll do the thing. Here. Here. There we go... (gives Jimbo some money) Take it. Take it. Now. Actually Jim, could I have that back? (takes money back off Jim) Shh! So Jim, have I ever told you about the old country? The songs! Oh Jim, they'd melt your face. "Ohh I live in a shoe on Moore Street, I'm a prostitute from Newry".

hahahaah

and yeah mildura person, come to melbourne for spin on sunday!

i really want some fizzy-good right now!

I think, therefore I am...

jimjimrangernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
thanks pete!
hug

Nadojourneyman
61 posts

Posted:
Hey guys my mate tells me its edinburgh park where hes seen the twirlers

-N

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hi Nado, that is the wednesday night twirling gathering. I must have missed you last wednesday.

If you have any questions about it, you should raise them in the [Old link] thread, so other like-minded twirlers won't find the wrong thread when they search for it.

see you sunday or wednesday! smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

I was at a Scout presentation tonight and was approached about doing a bit of performance for a Cubs (11-15yo) camp in April next year. I said I'd be there and could possibly get a few more twirlers into it, anyone interested?

Details as I know them:

Where: Gilwell Park (beyond Lilydale)
When: April/May 2008
How much: We get paid petrol moneys
What: Glow equipment of all sorts

I'll hopefully have more details on Sunday, which I'll be attending AND bringing my ittle wittle sister along with me.

Kupo!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
well i'd be interested there smile

gives me incentive for the glow poi i wanto to buy!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i'd happily go to it if im still around.. thats a big 'if' though smile

see everyone tomorow night biggrin

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

jimjimrangernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
yes!
see you all tomorrow evening!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't mind getting the old glo-stuff out. I'll do it.

I *might* see you guys tonight.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Galadriel_3_2000journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys couldn't make it tonight, and unfortunately, I just lost too... must be a sunday thing... hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
All good Mel, we missed you though smile

See you next week hopefully! biggrin

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
I'll be showing off my brand spankin new fire hoop next week smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Cool Bonnie, Just in time before I bugger off to Brissie... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, fire hoop! I haven't seen one of them since 2UberOz!

I will be there this week, and so shall my friend Issy and my midget sister too. This time, hopefully I WILL be able to light up my new fire poi.

Kupo!

Phyrecatmember
17 posts

Posted:
I'm so coming to the next one of these! I haven't twirled in a while, but keen to get back up to scratch, 'specially with some other twirlers!

There is no better way to teach yourself concentration than learning staff next to a topless female.

6,978 posts

Posted:
this is oarsome news, guys!!
see youse then!!

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
Bill!
write me 150 words about ninja shoes, will ya, i'm considering buying a pair... what do you think?

Love, Love, Love...

6,978 posts

Posted:
if u like performing barefoot, they are excellent hold on your foot and allow you to bend your foot at the step, where rigid soles on other shoe usually resist.

you can get cheeeep tabi boots from ebay for like AU$16 now and then, however they are very basic soles that really hurt my ankles. This is because they give the impression of support when in reality it encourages you to step harder on what is a flexible but crappy thin sole.
Would recommend air soles however they cost almost 10x as much(!).
Most are made of canvas with reinforcement at the sides of the toes, however u can find shorter boots, purple boots, fastners that use velcro instead of metal tabs (the velcro can attach vertically or as ttwo velco tabs across the top of your foot)

They look like ninja boots however they are simply seen as labourers' boots where they come from. Tabi boots are also known as Japanese roofing shoes.

My foot is a 9 in euro sizes, which means i comfortably fit the largest of the tabi sizes, 28. Might have a spare set of 28's with crap soles if u want hug

If i get a gig where i can't perform barefoot, i wear tabis. they've been around melb markets for years, however this year had to double take sometimes because i would bump into guys that dressed pratically identical to me, a bizarre moment for someone who kinda likes being different.

oh yeah and tabis rock. smile

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
mmm... Fulvia showed me to this marshal arts supply store that sale some very comfortable boots with a nice soft sole and metal tabs.
it cost 83 AD and I'm thinking using the very last coin I have from busking to go and get them tomorrow. thanks for the review!

Love, Love, Love...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: orenico

mmm... Fulvia showed me to this marshal arts supply store that sale some very comfortable boots with a nice soft sole and metal tabs.
it cost 83 AD and I'm thinking using the very last coin I have from busking to go and get them tomorrow. thanks for the review!

You can also get velcro ones but metal tabbed tabis are better than the velcro ones in my opinion.

Yay for tabi! biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
What are they like for running? My current casual shoes (hiking boots) aren't the best for it, and I want to get a pair of shoes that'll last for more than a month or two.

Kupo!

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey oren! i realise that i am not good at explaining stuff to you so i will be clear, i am offering u a set of tabi boots for FREE.
lol

and jarle, i hate running in tabi. they slip when u run and most have horrible shock absorption. the canvas wears worse than a runners do. they do not breathe like runners. the soles are also not contoured, which makes them inappropriate for flat footed people. they look cool tho. if u do get them, please get vertical or horizontal velcro tabbed version like what i described above, because i still think it's a pain to have to do 24 individual flamin tabs just to get shoes on - making them senseless for small missions.

hey i'm going waaay off topic - we should continue this discussion on a tabi thread.

b

ps oren, DONT spend money! ok? hug

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
o.k, but my foot is very big, i'm not sure your shoes will fit me, anyway, thank heeps hug ubbrollsmile bounce kiss

Love, Love, Love...

jimjimrangernewbie
17 posts

Posted:
hey guys,
i am not coming tomorrow i am sorry.
some strange christmas thing

i dislike christmas.

smile

but next time i come, i should have a new staff
XP

Phyrecatmember
17 posts

Posted:
Dammit. My mum has decided to have her birthday dinner tonight. Its before you guys start, so I'm going to see if I can get back while you're still in the gardens. I'm only going to be in hawthorn, so HOPEFULLY it doesnt drag too long.... smile

There is no better way to teach yourself concentration than learning staff next to a topless female.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill be there tonight.. possibly early. let me know if you'll be early anyone smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
ooo I CAN be early..with your bread and thingy that you left here. if i can move off my but... sun makes me so sleepy.. suburn even more so. redface

hug me!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
lovely to see everyone last night.. looking forward to doing it all again same time next sunday bounce

hug kiss

Phyrecatmember
17 posts

Posted:
It was great to meet up with you guys! For anyone I didn't say hi to, I was the guy with the staff who was kinda shy :P Will definately be there next sunday though biggrin

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Who's coming next week?

Mata Ashita!

Time...Line?? Time isn't made of lines! It's made of circles! That's why clocks are ROUND.

Page: ......