Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Will be there... eventually.

I might be going to Japan come late July!

Kupo!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking I'm too tired to go through all the public transport rigmarole tonight... Sorry guys, I know I've been slack!

Not next week either! Going camping! Wheee!!!

hug

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ok, so i hereby declare this coming sunday the 'Bring-Something-To-Share' sunday..

if its not a hassle, if you're able to make it in and bring a plate of food, thing of drink, mp3/cd playing things, chocolate, sprouts, jam, pantyhose, whatever! if you want to share it, bring it along..

if you've got a thermos, please fill it with piping hot water and bring it along, tea-for-all..

im aiming to make a bit of a lounge room under the bridge... so if you've got cushions, blankets, **picnic rugs** etc, bring'em if you can..!

alrighty then, look forward to seeing you all real soon!

petey hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
Yay! Awesome idea Petey.

Just realised I'm working this coming Sunday. Make sure it ends up being a big long night so that I can come after work? It'll be like 11 though, so I don't like my chances frown

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
thats a shame to hear bon.. i duno if we'll be there that late, but its always lovely to see you hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, campings off. I'll most likely be along this week.

hug

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I will unfortunately not be able to attend, my boss decided to roster me on for this Sunday night. Have fun all!

Kupo!

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Pooor form, Stuart. He isn't coming. His brother is having preop for a fairly scary procedure and he wants to be well rested to lend his full support.

Sorry guys... I REALLY have wanted to get along the last few weeks for my own sake but I've got more on my plate than I'd pile on at sizzlers.

Have fun! smile

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey everyone.. looks as if i'll be missing from around june 27 up until july 17ish.. just got confirmation that i have a gig up at falls creek for those 3 weeks..

bounce2 hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Well done dude!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
This coming Sunday (21st June) will be two days before my birthday, and would love to see you all there!! :-)

There will be cake, other goodies and possibly hot beverageness (read: chai) if i can make some and get it down there, so please come along to help me celebrate!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Oooh, and it'll be Petey's last Sunday for a while... and I'll have finished exams by then!

I'll be there!

Kupo!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
oh hey, it will be my last sunday for a while.. well spotted, i hadnt even noticed tongue2

also, brett may or may not be there.. he'll be down for a gig with nathan and myself on friday night at fed square (pm me for info if you want to come watch), but im not sure when he's gotta head back.

see you all then hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Chai: check
Pecan danish: check
pants: check

Hope you're all hungry & thirsty smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ah, so, i forgot to post.. somebody left a small selection of clothes behind last sunday. they seemed to belong to a rather small female, but wouldnt look too bad on bill.. cel has taken charge of them, and she'll be bringing them along next sunday.. if you want to get in touch with her, PM me and ill send you her mobile number smile

well, im off to falls creek tomorrow, 3 weeks of poi poi poi, should be grand..

hope to see you all on my return smile

hug kiss

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Petey, I think I know who those may belong to. I'll be in touch with Cel.

hug safe travels!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wait, scrap that.. ill be there tonight, heading to falls tomorow morning instead.. tomorow *really* morning..

see you all tonight!

hug kiss

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I don't like the sound of 'really' morning, it scares me.

I've been neglecting this too much over the past weeks, so I'll make an uber effort to travel the cold and lonely distance to the city. Besides, it'll be one of my last times to ride on Connex trains!

Kupo!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeah, it was pretty scarey, i had to get up at 5:30 to get my lift up here.. so far i havent gone skiing, but have been doing a lot of organisational stuff.. tomorow ive got staff forms to fill out, and stuff..

hope youre all well hug :kiss;

fearless1BRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
thanks guys for sunday... had a good time meetin u ppls..! c u guys soon... good luck pete at the snow!

spin like your free..

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
hello, i have just arrived in melbourne from the uk and would like to join you guys in the park, does anybody know of any nice warm indoor meets that happen also???

hugs

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Its at the winter location under the bridge at the moment.

I know nothing of any indoor meets.

^_^

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
there are no spinning-specific indoor meets going on at the moment.. however, there are a few jugglejams going on about melbourne. wednesday juggle jams are on at 5 Pitt st brunswick from 8pm onwards. and hardy st juggle lab (melbournes sexiest juggle jam) is on from 7:30 onwards, at 12 hardy st brunswick. they're $3 and $4 respectively.

hope to meet you when im back from the snow spacey smile

hug kiss

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
thanks guys, what day is the hardy street juggle jam?

xxx

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
and who is going down this sunday and from what time are people normally there from?

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
People are there from about 7pm onwards. It is under the arts center bridge. If you need directions let us know smile

hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sorry, hardy st is tuesday night.. its a nice jam, great people, great biscuits!

hug kiss

TenFingersBradGOLD Member
Smeeeeg Heeeeeed
25 posts

Posted:
Apparently the Hardy Street Lab isn't running currently, due to some venue trouble, but they're running video nights as a placeholder until they have a new venue. So says the crackbook, anywho. <3

Much Heart.

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
oh bugger, thats put paid to my plans for tomorrow night :-(
is there a link to the crackbook group so i can keep an eye on whats going on?

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I'll be down in these parts in October. Spending most of my visit in Sydney but will be making a jaunt to Melbourne with a friend of mine. Not sure of the exact dates I'll be in Melbourne yet, but hope to meet some of you. Will this Sunday meet-up still be happening in October?

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Page: ......