Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
lovely to see everyone tonight smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

IceAngelSILVER Member
41 posts

Posted:
hey guys, sorry didn't end up coming along tonight :/ its been a really bad week for getting work done and im feeling terribly guilty frown its going to be working away late into the night for me tonight :/ hope you all had a fun night tho - the weather is getting so much nicer!! yay!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
we missed you nys.. but we'll see you soon no doubt biggrin

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Galadriel_3_2000journeyman
59 posts

Posted:
That was the best fun I've had in ages! bounce2 You guys were so friendly and welcoming. Plus I've learned some new tricks to practice peace

I look forward to next week lolsign
Mel

dirkjentlyBRONZE Member
22 posts

Posted:
twas good fun, much better than last time i went, (i guess cos last time it seemd there where more jugglers than spinners, but no matter.) Maybe i should learn somethign else so i have something other than my poi.

Would have been kinda nice if it went on longer though. Hopefully see everyone again next week.

'The prerequisite of originality is the art of forgetting, at the proper moment, what we know.' 32

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
only a little longer til school holdays.. then i can stay extra late biggrin

and on that note.. i may not be there this weekend as im off to falls creek smile

see you all soon

hug kiss

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
For those of you out in the eastern suburbs- Jarle and I were thinking of heading down to the Lilydale Lake meet tomorrow to see if there's anyone there. Anyone care to join us?

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

PhillSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi-dee-ho

Im a newbie to these forums.. My name is Phill, and im originaly a KIWI. And.. I love my fire poi. biggrinD Yeah yeah!

Im new to Melbourne (been here 4 months now, and loving it) and have tried to find you guys several times, and only JUST found you guys not last weekend, but the one before.. (I think it was)

I remember Flint, and Dan (who was also new) I think from last time, but the rest of your names have eluded me now.. sorry... *hides*

Just thought I would say HI to everyone, and ima try make it down again this sunday.

One question tho.. do any of you guys actually play with fire? Or is it mainly sock poi (along with all your other juggeling goodies)?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
heya phill.. i do believe i met you the other week smile

yeah.. many of us do play with fire.. for some reason though, it tends to die off a bit whenever we move to the bridge.. no doubt it will be back in summer smile

hug

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I thought it died off under the bridge because we weren't allowed fire under the bridge? I'm sure we've been scolded by security guards for it in the past!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Man, it was packed tonight!

You all missed out! tongue

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yes, there has been fire twirling and juggling, infrequently, at the "under the bridge" sunday spot.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Is anyone gonna be there this week?

If there are, I'll be dressed up like this guy because of the Manifest:

Non-Https Image Link

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'll probably be late this sunday if i turn up: I'll have spent all day at Earthdance smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill be there... not sure what time though, as ill be attending earthdance also biggrin

also... i wont need to leave early, cos it will be holidays bounce

hug kiss

IceAngelSILVER Member
41 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

I thought it died off under the bridge because we weren't allowed fire under the bridge? I'm sure we've been scolded by security guards for it in the past!

Yeah - we got told off for passing fire clubs under there about a month ago. The guy reckoned it might set off fire alarms in the artcentre :/ (which it totally wouldn't)

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hey lovelies, I've been slack for the past few weeks, but made it in last week to find a very quiet little meet up frown(for those who didn't pick it up, brenn's comment about it being packed was somewhat sarcastic).

so this week i'll be at earthdance too, but i'll hopefully be able to make it to twirling too. be good to see everyone again...it's been forever.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
As I said earlier, I will be there tomorrow - but I won't be in costume, the delivery was delayed and will be arriving early next week frown

Kupo!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ill definetely be there.. i plan on leaving earthdance early, so i dont miss twirling smile

hug kiss

59 posts

Posted:
I'll be there too, even if I've still got this dang headache!
frown

59 posts

Posted:
on second thoughts maybe not mad

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Galadriel_3_2000

on second thoughts maybe not mad

haha not to worry. When we showed up there was nobody there. We put it down to other stuff happening and it being rainy and miserable at night biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
flynt and i were there for a bit.. we were tired though smile

hug kiss

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Couldn't make it frown
My parents decided to go out, so I had to babysit my sister, but truth be told I was tired out a bit myself from the day.

Kupo!

59 posts

Posted:
so a poor night all round, I look forward to next week. Hopefully I'll feel better next week

IceAngelSILVER Member
41 posts

Posted:
Are any of you guys going to be at the Melbourne juggling/twirling convention this weekend? it's going to be great!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I will be smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
me too.. moka also i believe smile

hug

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm there! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I had a look in my bank account today.
87 cents.

I wont be coming frown

Kupo!

Page: ......