Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*plants a big fat EDIT in there...*
EDITED_BY: Leaning_Towards_Corruption (1137496038)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In the nicest possible way Ed, you're not helping matters wink

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*apologises*

*edits*

smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Um. Please check your facts before suggesting that we will get sick from using kero...

also, your attitude is pretty unfriendly. so um. yeah.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Reactions will vary from person to person - exposure to kero fuel on the skin/eyes, and inhaled as fumes or smoke will not affect many people - while others, like me, will feel an irritation and heaviness in their lungs/shortness of breath for more than a week, every time.

Bottom line, if you are sensitive to kero, attend non-kero meets, like the Thu St Kilda Night Markets (free fuel from the council) or twirl a safe distance from the kero at the kero-friendly meets.
if you are a kero-lover, then life is easy! well, as easy as it gets until UCOF starts calling you up in the middle of the night for 'the number for 911'...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Written by: razerflame87

If you don't like the fumes, simply don't get to close, or stand downwind!

i will stand downwind way downwind in frankston NEver at the meet it IS bad for u to use kero u WILL get sick so dont blame me (us) when u guys are coughing up ur lungs have fun and goodnight

I've been using kero for various reasons for years now and it has never done anything to me, as bender said, if you don't like kero then just stay away from it but I know some people use Firesol and Firewater at Sunday twirling.

As for the comments earlier about us being very arrogant and non-welcoming, it is quite clear that various people have taken offence to that as I know for a fact that my friends, people I have seen there for the first time and myself we're welcomed with open arms and I couldn't believe the hospitality that was shown to make you feel welcome and part of the group. I don't understand why your friend didn't feel at home there because I am every time I attend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
research research research.

had you actually come to a sunday twirl, you might have noticed,not all people do use kero. many use firewater, some others use shellsol or similar fuels.

am not even going to bother going into the health areas of kerosine, im not gona waste my breath.

but please, why be so prejudicial, an insult people that are trying to be nice, before even giving them a chance.

also, moka and avz's are both (compared to some others) very new. both of them were taken into the group very quickly, and within a few weeks, had made some friends, and were already getting to know people fairly well.

finally, im gona speak out a little. im the only regular sunday twirler whos actually paid a visit to your little gathering down on frankston beach, and, after a full night off meeting people, had come to the conclusion that you were all, give or take, just a group of kids, none of which were terribly inviting.

cheers, pete

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"but please, why be so prejudicial, an insult people that are trying to be nice, before even giving them a chance."

I reckon its because people arent used to other people being nice.
It results in confusion, and becuase of the confusion, anger precipitates.
Or thats my theory anyway.. umm

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Hows about we stops the arguing and get back to what this thread should truly be about. It was all so happy before hand.

Now that you have voiced your opinion about our Sunday Twirls and told us that you don't like the way we operate and you have recieved plenty of feedback, you can go knowing that your voice was heard.

Now we can start talking about future events on Sundays and stuff and ideas for fun times and yummy food! I'd try my best to make something but I'll leave it to the professionals, I don't want to make anyone sick...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Just make sure you dont put any kerosene/ parafin in, and you should be fine.

Apparently.. wink

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
okay, i can finally make it this sunday, after being out and about the past month.

im thinking i should bring some food, but am asyet unsure. it'll prolly be something from safeway bounce

got lotsa new cool tricky poi stuff from queensland to pass around aswell.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I use Firewater. However, i've been told that firewater is basically kerosene with de-odouriser. So apart from the smell/lack of, no difference.
I imagine shell-sol shell-ite? is much the same.
Frankly all are harmfully in some way if you were to ingest them, and any inhaled fume has its adverse effects.

I've never known anyone who regularly attends the Sunday meet to be arrogant or rude.
Given your opinion i'm just wondering what you expected of us?

I'm not generally considered an outwardly affectionate/welcoming person, but if you came up to me and asked me how to perform a certain trick (providing I could actually do it) I would be all too happy to help.

Not sure again if i'll be able to make it this weekend. Will be attending the St Kilda markets spin tonight and meeting up with Bender.
Dont worry, i've not been converted. Just have a clearly free night.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

Just make sure you dont put any kerosene/ parafin in, and you should be fine.

Apparently.. wink

Mmmm.... Kerosene flavoured cake with parrafin icing.. It could be the new taste sensation!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
maybe we can sell the idea to macdonalds?!?!

hug me!

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
If we can sell this idea do we just split the profits between everyone or just everyone who was in on the little cake funning stuffer?!

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Nah, their food is bad enough, they don't need any help on that front....

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
'm coming on sunday.... and have to insist mr bender gets there.. is this likely...?

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
mmmm....pickles, at some stage we should have a pickle war, I'm not to sure what it entails but think that it could end up in much funness...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
OMG! moneiro-level-1-alert! see yoo soon bruv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
:does happy dance:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
aaaaah the memories.....

biggrin

hug

RosieMarySILVER Member
102 posts

Posted:
Continuing the 'unfriendly' thread. I haven't been able to come often to Alexandra Park, for months in fact. When I first came down about September 2004, I was extremely shy. I am much older than most twirlers but everyone was relaxed and friendly towards me. Not in your face but open to friendly approaches. Due to lack of practice, I haven't graduated to fire, but enjoy relaxed twirling.

I've met Ataxia, Bender, Pineapple Pete as well as others who's names I never learned. My son, a HoPper living in Falmouth, Cornwall, is very envious that I've seen Bender in action! ubbrollsmile Don't listen to whingers, you're a great bunch. I've kept in touch via HoP so I know what's been going on down there. I hope to come down again before long.

Saying which, I have three wooden boxes, 34cm x 26cm x 12cm, with suitcase type locks (no keys). These used to contain electrical/electronic equipment. I gave one to a Sunday spinner some time ago (so sorry, can't remember your name) with the suggestion he put foam rubber in and cut/carve it to fit juggling balls or whatever. If anyone would be interested, please send me a PM or post. At one end there are holes where serial and parallel ports used to go, but a strip of wood or metal inside would close these. The boxes are extremely well made and strong with a carrying handle, just like a small wooden suitcase. Free to good homes! juggle

RosieMary
----------------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhhh i miss you guys frown

tassie smells funny!

(it does, honest. like, flowers and bees and things... umm )

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
does this mean you won't be there tomorrow flynt?

spank

after i came all this way!!

grrrr

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
um. there's a statewide total fire ban tomorrow...

does this mean i should bring my aerotecs? wink

seriously, does this mean we got no fire? or do the meet organisers have a fire permit?

R

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
yeah, it will mean no fire. So bring your tennis balls, glow toys, and water pistols!!! WOO!

Written by:

does this mean you won't be there tomorrow flynt?

spank

errrrr, Mr The BlueFeline, you will be meeting me at UberOz sweety. smile so, like, ummmm soon. smile I'll be in brisbane as of monday.

besides, are you going to Alexander gardens meet on Sunday, or St Kilda meet???

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
um. alexander gardens... i didn't know there was two..? confused

can you pm me benders no? so i can ensure i meet him(got deliveries to make)

no_pancakesSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
I miss you too flynt... bring us some cold weather as you fly past please? I'm melting.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I'll do my best sweety, I fly over at about 1pm tomorrow, so expect a cool change??

biggrin

bluekitty, pm on its way. xoxo

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehehe, tonite was fun, great to catch up with you all, i hadnt been for ages.

haha, me: hey, how u going
erin: *rips bra off* good thanks, and yourself

cheers, pete hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Page: ......