Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
what time of day?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
is it happening this sunday?!?

"Quote coming soon..."

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
yes indeedy it is..althoguh i wont be there ill be at FRL
WOOOOO! sunny grouphug clap bounce2 bounce bounce2 juggle weavesmiley beerchug

hug me!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
on an off topic note, fire gathering at dusk(s) at FRL bring a raincoat, wangaratta gunna be very wet on the weekend!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
ooh thanks you just reminded me to pack my tent! ...and a raincoat..*runs off before somethin else distracts me*

hug me!

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
i have to cry. i will be in melbourne next weekend from the sunny gold coast but i leave on sunday night so i dont get a chance to come along.

Saturday night there is a performance by NICA (National Institute of Circus Arts) which i am planning on going to. I advise anyone who has an interest in circus arts to go along and be amazed.

I am moving back down, will be down early - mid january and cant wait to see y'all again.

Take care of yourselfes.

Jai.

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

Just posting to say that Sunday was good for a first visit, I'm the guy who came with Moka and kinda quitely stood around while people made damn fools of themselves. There were plenty of fun to be had and will be looking forward to coming again soon. Hopefully I can get in a little bit of practice so I don't look like too much of a tool next time. =)

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
w00t... We're all fools! lol
bounce bounce2 nana biggrin hehe

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
fools?

oh my.

we arent fools.
We're just enthusiastic special people.

wink
bawbabow!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Ok Moka while your a fool, I'll be a tool like I said in my post, don't know where you got fools from, like Flynt said we are just uniquely awesome peplz

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Written by: Avz

I'm the guy who came with Moka and kinda quitely stood around while people made damn fools of themselves.

That does say fools doesn't it... :P lol ubblol

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
I have returned from the dead.., with burns from twirling in St.Kilda last night!So you'd better all come tonight or i'll be a sad panda.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
i'll be there tonight!

"Quote coming soon..."

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, have fun tonight. I'm aiming to come next Sunday smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
The plan is that I'll be driving down with my friends sunday, I've told them so much about this meet and the people there and they are very excited!

We'll leave that night though, so we might not be able to stay for ages, no later then 10 I think. Don't wanna be driving home really late!

I think everyone who has a drum should bring it, I'll be bringing mine. This is the last meet before Christmas. We gotta make it a good one! biggrin

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
**just a reminder to everyone**

as semi-discussed last sunday, everyone bring a noise making instrument of some sort. drums, dij's, half coconuts, anything.

also, does anyone have a digital video camera? im trying to put together a short video of me doing something.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
me me no wait..i lie ..wait..no ..ok i have no idea i have a camera of some sort..hmmm

tehe coconuts..hehehe

hug me!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
wave hi! is it new years day yet?? i wanna go to melbourne spinning night!!! biggrin bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
biggrin
you should come visit! HEEE!!

YAY noisemaker sunday! SO excitement!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, I can't make it this Sunday I don't think sorry. I was really exciting about coming too frown

On another note...would any of you sunday spinning beauties be up for having myself and miss gita for a night on Tuesday the 27th?

On our way from Shepparton to Falls festival we're going to stop in Melbourne, and then in Geelong on the 28th we're staying at Rouge Dragons smile then heading to Falls on the 29th.....we just need a place to stay on the 27th...can you let me know soonish please? Thanks guys smile hug

- Steph

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im all up for a burn on the 27th. what time are you thinking, at the usual place?

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hmm im ight be able to help you out...ill see what i can do and get back to you..tomorrow or something

hug me!

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
Alright, i SHOULD be able to come this sunday, i didnt go last week due to my twirly friend being too buggered from work.
(he's the only one of us with a stick so i'd be reduced to watching otherwise, i'm buying one/ doubles very soon)

And about the drums, i have a drum kit (and an extra bass drum and tom), should i bring some of that?

"Quote coming soon..."

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*reminder*

if its raining, head under swanston st. bridge, where the market is held on sunday / directly across the river from flinders st.

unfortunately, this will be my last gathering for the year. even until jan. 22. im off to merimbula on new years eve, then off to brisbane for january .:*moonfest*:.

cheers, pete hug:

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
Noooo, i won't get to see petey for agges frown Damn sydney holidayness with families making me miss spinning. (At least it is sunny here)

tAlex

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
tonight was superb, so so SO much love and fun!

Thanks everyone for bringing munchies, instruments, and your gorgeous smiley faces, not to mention the fabulous hugs! I'm all loved up to survive the christmas period without you all .....

ubblove

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
yay so much fun tonight. but i dont think ill be lugging so much stuff in ever again..my back feels broke ubblol
mm so much giggling my tummy is all tough looking ubbrollsmile

grouphug heart grouphug

hug me!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
thank you all so much for a beautiful night. it was my last one for 2 months cos of my SE asia trip.
steph: i'm so glad that you could come, sorry we didn't spend a lot of time hanging out
flynt: thank you for the lovely cuddles ubblove
erin: thanks for the belly laughs (i'm not sure how this will translate to written word) "uhhhh huugggghhhhh!" ubblol
tAlex: i only realised as i was getting off the train last week that it was the last time i'd see you till i got back hug big cuddles till then
thank you to all the beautiful drummers and bringers of food and cuddlers and gigglers and wrestlers and grinners.
hmm...i think i may be getting all mushy here. oopps!

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Twas a very good night, with lots of pretty colours and nice noises, twas a great night and was good to see an awesome turnout, I have briefly looked through the previous posts but don't know whats happening in terms of Chrissy Day and Newears Day, not sure if I will be able to make either although it would be handy to know if I have awoken from my hangover/hibernation from Newears. ubbrollsmile

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Last night was fantastic.

Thanks to all of you for making it what it was, it's always worth the trip down everytime smile

Bonnie: hug i'm sorry we didn't hang out much as well, but hopefully gita and I will be making it to your farewell on the 27th!

Flynty & Josh: thanks for the cuddles and smiles, it was so good to see you two again! And flynt, I be seeing you with miss gita on the 1st of Jan! biggrin

Petey: Your tricks are awesome. Everytime I come I'm greeted with your hugs and your amazing talents that just keep sky rocketing! smile

Brendan: It was good to see you mate! It's been a while! I hope to see you again soon! smile hug

Ezz: I love turning up to twirling and seeing your smiley giggly face. Your hooping is coming along fantasically, you make it look so easy! hug

Moka & Avz: It was good to finally meet you guys! Sorry I couldn't teach you many moves Adam! (I told you I wasn't that good! ubblol)

Aww, I think this calls for a group hug. I'm getting all mooshy and stuff! tongue Thanks again everyone! Have a merry christmas and new year, wherever you end up!

grouphug

Oh and by the way, my friend Alyce has offically been corrupted...Muahaha! I'm sure you'll be seeing her again. She had a fantastic night too smile

Page: ......