Page: ...
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
It occurs every Sunday regardless of the weather. Obviously if its pouring very few, if any people might show up.
It certainly doesn't matter what skill level you are. We have the whole spectrum of skill levels attending. and... if you need tips there are plenty of people willing to share their knowledge.

On another note, I can't attend this week or next due to work reasons. Cant wait to fire up my new monkey fists when I get back.

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
OMG, Ataxia, where did u get monkey fists from. Ive been looking for moneky fists for ages!!!

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I bought them actually from HOP. I've seen them made but I couldn't be bothered. They soak up so much fuel but burn for soo long. I don't recommend them if you haven't got a reasonable repetoir of tricks to cycle through. They're heavy as well. I love the weight, but many wouldn't.
I've also got a meteor with massive monkey fist rope ends (4 inch heads). Geez they're hard (density that is) though. Watch out if your just learning. Or even if your not.
I had a big experimental session with the meteor and the new poi heads yesterday with Jo. I've got the shin bruises to show from it. Maybe it's because I like to do a lot of weird between the leg variations.
I would advise anyone who is using a meteor (maybe just crap people like myself) to employ the use of a cricket protector. It's only saved me a couple of times, but that's more than enough for it to be value for money.

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
Nice. I think i might stay away from the monkey fists until i am confident enough. I shall see all you guys on sunday night. Im the dude wif the blonde curly hair. Catch ya all l8rs.

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hay Firie People hug2

Things have been starting at 5pm on Sun thanks to the suave Ataxia; However...

With his absence for the next few weeks and upcoming Daylight savings, things are likely to kick off a little later from now on . Don't let this discourage you if you have a zest to be there early and play but if it's your first time coming I surest you rock up a little later or you might be on your own . 7 - 8pm is ususally when a reasonable amount of people start showing up, and it's busiest at about 9.30-10pm

Note the early start IS A GOOD IDEA - and is there for people who want to learn by light or play with more Circusie / Juggling stuff - that said we have picked a spot with reasonable lighting so Circusie people come down and play too...anytime - we'd love to have more of you. That was part of the original idea when this location was selected 'Juggler Friendly...at least as far as an outside night location can be' (I can throw and catch a black Diablo there without much difficulty so it's not too bad wink )

See all you lovley peoples there ubbrollsmile

P.s Oh and yes just to reiterate - things happen every Sunday and everyone is welcome. Just pop in and say hi. Everyone's friendly and we'd love to meet you. Cheers & TTFN. D.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ps please wear pants.
i ran outta wax.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
So right - how could I forget - 'Wear Pants'; all the cool kids are doin it these days.

Wax…(????)...Fur-worm.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah Tyr, beat me to the post.
Daylight savings starts this weekend (Sunday to be precise). So... clocks forward 1 hour. That means sunset will be roughly at 7.50pm from Sunday on.
Meeting at 7 will still give a bit of daylight time for those wanting to learn or doing circusy type stuff. eg contact, juggling, diabolo etc. The area is pretty well lit anyway.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
congratulations to everyone who braved the heat and came for a spin... all 11 of us. Although there wasnt a whole lot of fire, i think everyone got a bit better at their contact. and remember pimply faced teen, this isnt realy a magic hub cap, the magic was in you all along.

P.S. alas i cant come for a few weeks but i shall be seeing u all soon

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
biggrin

The horn Arthur! HONK IF YOU LOVE JUSTICE!!!!!!!!

Wicked men - you face, The Tick.

*grin* Yay - yes Fire did seem to be more a contact convention last Sun - But it was still awesome fun smile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Your a contact guru, you would have like that. Spose u can do that any other night. Cant come tomorro, again due to work. Looking forward to the next.

foolaussiefirenewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Ha This twirl better be as good as you say bender I'll c U there 7th (sorry for addressing it to bender I can't work out who the rest of you are ) introduce yourselves to Ash on sunday !

Smart but maybe not smart enough

6,978 posts

Posted:
ash!!!!!!
got killa footage of u from half moon bay fire!!
ps i like people.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
peoples: in a few weeks, im not quite sure how many, im bringin my video camera to make a big fire video, and then eventualy a dvd. so everyone get in a whole bunch o practice and ill tell yall when im gona be there. cyas then

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah I was thinking of making a DVD as well. Looking to make it at the end of summer when everyone has had a whole summer of spinning under their belt. There are a few people I've got in mind to fill the fire twirling categories. hmm.....
Jo and Bender with double staff, Stone with the swinging torches, Tyr with single double or those 4 staffs tied together. Flynt and her fellow rope dart user (sorry i've forgotten your name). and i'm sure there are others. Hopefully I will get good enough at meteor by then.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
and after a bit o practice we can put on your fire haky-sak, and get someone to juggle fire. cant wait.

--------------------
you can bomb the world to pieces, but u cant bomb it into peace says

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow the DVD had better have a sex scene.
maybe.

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Bender - provided the sex scene is tasteful, romantic - portrays good family values and most importantly is on fire - it's all good by me wink ...this conversation can only go downhill from here *Tyr Grimaces in anticipation* wink

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

There's the hill! ubblol
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1100082023)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Sorry for the absence! ^_^ (not that I'm an established member but hey!)
Sunday meet at Alexandria gardens sounds really good, ESPECIALLY if it's near flinders. Easy for me to get there without parking hassles biggrin
I can be down there from the 21st onwards, methinks, as my exams will be finished before then. Hope you are all well!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
On another note...someone has 12 posts and doesn't have the 'stranger' plague-infested title attached to them *sniff* I feel strange...r

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Yay Abaddon we'll look forward ta seeing you there ubbrollsmile

P.s. I guess someone in high places loves you - Strange is good... we don't think you're weird... No not weird at alll. Your nice... and funny… and smell like really bad eggs…? confused

(*pist - it'll distract him, someone else tackle him from behind and tickle da strangerness outta him - he's only posted 22 times, he doesn't deserve it *giggle* biggrin*)

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
It's because I like Coldplay, isn't it :P

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
No…

Written by:

”Bigger, better.
Bigger and better.
Bigger and better.
Bigger, stronger, drive a faster car,
At the touch of a button,
I can go anywhere I wanna go....”
ColdPlay – ‘Bigger Stronger’

With Lyrical masterpieces like that who could NOT like Coldplay *giggle*… It’s the ‘smells like bad eggs’ thing we’ve go issue with wink

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i no im livin in the past, but the flaming sex scene better be really hot. i cant resist a good pun

6,978 posts

Posted:
miss this meet less,
attend it more,
summer needs the practice..

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
I will be late attending - Have my grandmothers 90th and my little brothers 17th Birthday first but I'll be there later…if I don't collapse *erg* too many fun things on smile

P.s. - Kingfisher Festival is happening this Sat 20 at Ceres Community Farm 3pm till late (for any who don't know) - should be some good fire happening just on dark - 8pm onwards - check it out if your free.

Ceres
Cnr Roberts & Blyth St
Brunswick
Mel Ref: 30 B 7

TTFN Firie peoples ubbrollsmile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Weather looks good today smile I shall be down at Alexandria garden tonight. See you all there!....by the way, where exactly in Alexandria gardens? Or do I just look for the flames? smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
yay for melbourne fire! will see u all in march next year when i come up to see cirque du soleil!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
There might be less numbers this Sunday due to some of the spinners attending Earthcore. That shouldn't deter others however. I will still be attending, see you there.

Page: ...