Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I bow to your superior weekend counting abilities, Sir Pineapple.

biggrin

Currently on the right side up of the world.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Spinning? In the open? Are you people mad?!

Mad dogs and Englishmen

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ubblol 13 years of schooling and look at me go!

love you penguin kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
lol, ditto penguin xoxoxo ubblove

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Have fun tomorrow night!

I'll be drinking with my parents and grandparents! (yes, my habits are hereditary! ubbrollsmile )

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

insanecircusGOLD Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone,
I was so excited to hear about fire dancing in melbourne, I even took a sickie from work to go down tonight but I could not find a fire dancing soul around alexandra gardens, I wandered around the surrounding parks for a few hours too, was it because of the bikes or am i looking in the wrong place?

try not to think of gravity as a law, rather as one of many options

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
During winter we're under the bridge at southbank and won't be venturing out to alexandra gardens (which is actually Queen Victoria Gardens. can the original post with the wrong name please be changed? and the explanation that it's under the bridge in winter) until the first weekend in november.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

insanecircusGOLD Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
aww... its a shame i didnt find you tonight, no matter will be along in two weeks,

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
HI melbourne friends biggrin ok maybe melbourne ive-never-met-some-of-you-before friends.. smile

I got this surprise gig today, for next Sunday (Sun 4th November) at Chill Island Festival near Phillip Island. Check out the details below... (gates open 11am)

Anyway, im going to fly about 3 spinners from Sydney down, any of you hawt hawt melbourne crew be keen for the gig? i was hoping to rustle up about 3 more melbournians (at least).. we can pay $100 each for the day. (or if you want to do the gig just for a ticket to the festival, i want all of you!)

Its only a one day DAY fest, so no fire, unless we feel the need, mostly character work and roving. stuff like...

Day Poi (Flourescent, rainbow tails, LED), non-flammable staffs fans, flags twirling, ring juggling, ball juggling contact juggling, magic, unicycling, stilt walking, hula hooping, character work and roving clowning and crowd working. (also we get to keep any money/clothes/undies people throw at us for busking)
(also its under my twirling business' name FireTrybe Nation www.myspace.com/firetrybe) there are also 2 more fests early next year i can use you guys for, if were good enough!

any tennis raquets or the likes would also be suitable

if you could let me know asap if your keen, or if you have any ideas! because i have to confirm were doing the gig with the fest. text me or mail me at ciarathorburn@telstra.com
and my mobile is 0410657370

Love Ciara

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Wait a second, that isn't this weekend!

Sounds like fun! I'm in if you/anyone else can get me there, I'm happy to meet wherever I can get by public transport but can't make my own way to Phillip Island.

If that's possible, I'd be happy to show off with poi/meteor!

Kupo!

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
yay for jarle! ubbrollsmile
so far we have 5 syd crew going to be there.. hopefully we can recruit some more melbourne-ites..?
how far is phillip island from melbourne? i dont even know if we have to swim there or whatever.
but yes us 5 sydneyers will meet up in melbourne somewhere as 3 of us will already be down there, and then we shall prance and frolick in the general direction of Chill Island together biggrin

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Sounds like fun smile

I'm sure I can convert fire fans to day fans and do some contact staffery unlit, and throw in a bit of meteor and rope dart maybe and acro smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Can I dress as a cat and chase a meteor around?!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
OOoooh... any room for a whingin' pommy contact staffer too? biggrin

(I need the work!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'd love to be involved but I have an exam the following day! eek

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
thanks clare and brenn and jarle and dave! its exciting that i have twirling friends that remember me in other states biggrin
i got mail back from the organiser Lisa, and she cant fund us syd crew going down there... but im happy to pass it onto maybe brenn or any of you that might like to negotiate with her. but sadly ciara wont be frollicking with you kids this time ... frown which sucks because it would be a wicked fest. its got an orite line up for a one-dayer! custom kings? butterfingers? [censored] yes.
i know announce brenn as president for this topic hug

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Oooh, bags sub-vice Junior President!

Kupo!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Err..... wow O_o

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
i know ... brenns all "its all happened so soon ... i, i, i wasnt expecting this. id like to thank my parents (gabe), and god (utah)"
and so forth. rolleyes

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

insanecircusGOLD Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
chilli fest sounds cool .
not quite cool enough to tear me away from flying trapeze though, I hope you guys have fun,

for anyone who is interested,
a bunch of friends and i are headed to out to lilydale lake, tues 30th, its pretty far from town, but word is its a pretty nice spot for a spin,
hope we see you there

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Can we get a confirmed location for this week (28th Oct), please?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
We do. Under the Bridge till November!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Confirmed!

Kupo!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Ok, I have a proposal! Comes with two options!

Does someone have contact details for ataxia? Because we really need to get him to change the details in the first post. Otherwise, I think we need someone who is regularly at meets and who is regularly on HoP to start a new sunday spinning thread with new details which can be updated regularly (my preferred option)

We need to state in the first post about the location changes in summer and winter because I think too many people who want to join our gathering only look at the first post and don't read through our banter, which is where we state the change in location. As well as the time because people don't usually show up until 6 (the ataxia's post says 5)

What do people think?
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1193617003)

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I'd be happy to start up a new thread - I have no idea how to contact Ataxia, otherwise I'd have already done so for meteor help.

So is people cool with me starting a new thread? I promise to leave out the bad grammer!

Kupo!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
gotta aggree with rouge.. as it's become a fairly regular occurance to have people asking whats happening, where it is, etc.. though, we'd want someone quite permanent and regular, as to avoid a re-occurance ubblol

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm quite happy to take the charge.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
nope i think that it's irresponsible to burn this thread and start another.
there will be duplicate discussions and confusion arising from multiple threads.
we don't need to change ownership of sunday threads, i'll just call brendan.

please, I have posted a map for this gathering several times on this discussion, clearly delineating alexandria gardens and QV gardens.

also, welcome to home of poi, ciara! sorry that you could not make it ere just yet.
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
But the thing is that the map is lost in the discussion and needs to be in the first post. It's not a nice welcome to new people to make them sort through 76 pages.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
wanders in
Its great when a meet thread has maps and details in the first post . If I was to wander to Melburp to see all you lovely people and didnt know you all I would prob PM the first posters. Having to sort through pages of posts may help to get to know you all but makes it hard to find details. Especially if you change spots.

wanders off

wave

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Page: ......