Page: ...
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Yay Ataxia - Gunna have to get used to calling you that now instead of Footbag biggrin

Here's the backdated entry so everything is on this thread – come along this Sun everyone – much funness anticipated… grouphug

See Alllllllllllllllllllllllllll you guy's there biggrin

biggrin biggrin biggrin Calling ALL Firies!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin
Time for a BIG get together!

For those who don’t know St. Kilda gathering has moved to the Alexandria Gardens – hosted by the fabulous Footbag and Spherespinner - At last a central location for everyone!!!
'Grand Opening Sun 10th October' Lets see how many people we can drag out of the woodwork and have a big meet.

Other countries have gatherings of hundreds + regularly . I think it's about time we lifted our game…but that’s up to you guy's. I'm throwing in a 20 litre drum of Shel Sol to public use (This is my last one then I'm poor again so take advantage of it smile Bring your best toys and back up fuel and come play!!!

Night starts at 5pm for all those who are keen to learn / skill share by light. Fire starts after dark (obviously!) 7.30 - 8ish till late!

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)
'Between the 'Hammer Throw' bronze statue and the path that runs through this section' (Garden to left of the Floral Clock)

Aprox 5-7 min walk from Flinders St Station away from the city on the left hand side

Drummers wanted on mass!!! This is an event for everyone so come join. (CD players will be on hand if they're slack though so bring music if you want too)

* In the event of a rain out, frown consider this moved to the following week and watch www.homeofpoi.com for updates in 'events gatherings'…should be new thread soon. (Infrequent light drizzle is not rain!!!)

Footbag, the man of the hour who is beginning this night; will be there this sun along with the former St. Kilda crew - so go check the space out early and have a play with them if your up for it smile

250+ Melbourne fire twirlers have been emailed about this event already and I know there are at least twice that many of you out there!!! Spread the word and lets have a big fun night out. Become re-inspired, socialize or show off – what ever your passion come share it but remember it's up to you guy's so no pikers! biggrin

Cheers and look forward to seeing Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you guy's there!!!! ubbrollsmile

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
I've just bought another monthly, so I'll seeya there next sunday.

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sorry about the name change now. Had to be done though.
Hey Tyr, I don't know if you noticed but I based (hopefully no bridge of copyright.) smile my first post on your initial introduction. It was just too perfect.
See you there.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
weather report:
thursday: showers
friday: few showers
saturday: becoming fine

SUNDAY: FINE

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Yessssssssssssssssssssss - I new my anal retentiveness to copyrighting everything I ever did, wrote, or said would play of one day!!!!! - You owe's me big time Ataxia smile ...Your first post was perfect and needed nothing added - (except perhaps some dancing monkey but they're hard to come by these days) - I'm just stupid and methodical about these things and like everything to be in one place - comes from being a control freak leading a chaotic life wink

I like everything orderly and in its right place …(o.k. bored with it being in the right place now - lets juggle it, set it on fire and see what happens biggrin - It’s a bit of a confusing lifestyle but a lot of fun)

Anyways - yay the mechanical monkey says no rain sun…Don't trust it personally so pay off what ever pagan gods you keep up your sleeves.

P.s. I know you is a footbag guru Ataxia - what other non-fire things do you play with? - I'm a puppetry, contact & stilt walking boy myself - a poor but amused Juggler & diabolist. I dabble in just about everything else…except foot bags, I'm assuming this be just another name for hacky sacks ( I may be looking like a HUGE ignoramus right about now smile ) anyway I'll have to pester you to teach me some pre fire on Sun - something I've always meant to learn but showed no natural aptitude for whatsoever (My fandangle way for saying 'I'm crap' - funny what academia does to ya…:) CU There smile

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
I'll see what I can do to recruit a few more people to come down. According to my management studies, change requires momentum and what better momentum than I giant stone boulder rolling?! Well... since I don't have any giant stone boulders for friends, I'll see if I can recruit more humans!!

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Yay for human boulders!!!

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
let us twirl like it's going outta fashion!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

RosieMarySILVER Member
102 posts

Posted:
The weather is perfect, the spinners will be beautiful. Thanks to those who have organised this new venue. Hope to be there.

RosieMary
----------------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

6,978 posts

Posted:
amazing!

MAXIMUM congrats guys for one of the most enjoyable fire gatherings i've been lucky enough to attend!!!

seeya there in 6 days!!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
thats an amazingly good idea. i went to st kilda once when i was down once... but noone turned up frown a more central location sounds brilliant! good luck guys hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Holidays just wont bloody come soon enough!

my folks aren't happy about the movie though - they like to cruise ackland (sp?) street while I twirl! looks like they're going to have to find something else to do! haha!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

6,978 posts

Posted:
rouge, there's free parking all say nearby, plus they can have a barrel of fun in the city at that. I'll give em a lapdance or something.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
And Rouge,

I'm sure they will find plenty to do along Southbank smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Congrats to Tyr, congrats to everyone who showed up. T'was trully a great night. I'd be happy if even half of the people were able to attend in the following weeks/months.

RosieMarySILVER Member
102 posts

Posted:
Written by: ataxia

Congrats to Tyr, congrats to everyone who showed up. T'was truly a great night. I'd be happy if even half of the people were able to attend in the following weeks/months.

Second that, it was awesome. Thanks for the warm (pun intended) welcome. See you next time. hug to all.

RosieMary
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!! Thanks everyone for coming hug2 hug2 hug2
You guy's were awesome - It's our lovely resident pyromaniac Firies that really make a night…in short - You Guy's. You all ROCK!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

It was a muchlie fun night thanks to all of you, Jo & Ataxia (thanks) biggrin

All those that couldn't make it cos of exams - don't worry, firie freedom will be yours soon smile good luck!!!

Sees all you guy's there again real soon. TTFN ubbrollsmile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
biggrin yay for sunday it was fun fun fun!!!

What a great turn out of people .. and such a nice friendly vibe flowing.... ahhhh.... rolleyes

Looking forward to tomorrow...
rock n roll
weavesmiley hug hug
and thanks too .. to dave for providing fuel... and bringing friends with food... and being a bright flame.... smile

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Whens the next one? i missed sunday frown

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Opinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
ooo im assuming this is a permanent change? i didnt know about it last week but i should be able to find my way there tonight.

never been to the st.kilda ones as they were a bit too far, but this location is great smile

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Hay guy's, yes fire happens EVERY SUNDAY from now on.

Might try something like 'Big Night Every First Sun of the Month' …or something wink
This would give people with limited time / energy a good night to aim for but still have a regular night for dedicated firies. (With end of exams and good weather setting in every week will be big soon – but a night to go all out on would be especially fun)

Poll it up baby - What do people think? If yes is the first sun of the month best or are we clashing with something?

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Opinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
glad i made it along the other night, got to meet a couple of guys who i hadnt seen in quite a while and got to do some fun glow ball muck-about wink

6,978 posts

Posted:
come summer, the zillions of hiberanated twirlers will be more noticed than ever. Having a n establised, convenient Big Burn will consolidate itself.
It'll all come down to good weather and personal convenience.
personally, i've moved house to within a short drive away from the 3 palm trees, so it's only a matter of me being able to walk on sunday afternoons is the issue!!

ps housewarming at my house this friday night - pm me if you have an urge to go play smile and for god's sake someone inform cassandra!!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Moving house so it's closer to a twirling venue. Now that's dedication!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
indeed

-------------------
i hadnt said anything for a while

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I hope all you Aussie types are lookin after me dear ole Mum. One day I'll manage to stowaway on a plane and come for a burn with you all myself. Til then, take it easy and keep the flames alive.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was thinking I should just do a door knock
"hi, are you Mag's mum? no? ok then...next house!" ubbrollsmile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Knock Knock. - *Yawn* Oh hello Rough, no 'Ole Mother' live's on the other side of the street more up to the left, Number 53 I think? What? yeah I'll look after her if I see her...

*Tyr yawns sleepily, wishes Rough good luck with her exams and trundles back to his warm Doona'ie Bed*

TTFN, Good night smile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

RosieMarySILVER Member
102 posts

Posted:
grouphug
I happen to know that Mags the Jedi's "dear ole Mum" is being looked after big time by the Alexandra Park twirlies. She says you are all the best in the biz. ubblove to all

RosieMary

Jai - Staffmember
85 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

I'm new to HoP. I live in Melbourne and was if the thingy in Alexandra gardens is on every sunday regardless of the weather. You all know wat melbourne is like, u cant tell wat its going to do.

Another thing, does it really matter what skill type you are at. Ive been doing Staff for aprox. 6 months now and know most of the basics.

Thnx,
Jai

I can't wait to die, I'm going to Hell. They have fire down there!

Page: ...