Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Come down to twirling...^.^

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
what a disgustingly rainy night it is. i did pop down under the bridge to check out if anyone was around, and found no one frown i wasn't particularly in a 'hang around and freeze my bum off' kind of mood anyway, so i wasn't too distressed.

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
I got all ready for twirling, took one step out the door and thought nope. hopefully we will have better weather next week

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
tis becuase i am not there *sigh* hug

hug me!

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
see you kids on sunday. rain hail or shine smile

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i think its time for me to bring my crew down as i have finished my sick doubles i,ll see u guys soon and we will bust a sick move that is very hard that i could teach u if u guys have alot of spare time on ur hands i think its great took me months to get it
weavesmiley

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
must admit, ive been lazy. looked out the window last night, and thought "nah. it'll be better next week". plus next week im bringing newbies to play!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Flickidynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
yep. im over the weather. on a positive summer is around the corner... and possibly up the bend to but hey, we shoudl get SOME good weather. hey to everyone 'cause i haven't been for weeks too. hope im missed :P

The FadeSILVER Member
fading happily....
212 posts

Posted:
hey kids. im after some pix of me spinning, if anyones got some decent ones. i know flick has taken a few and you too mr pancakes, do you guys still have them? and were they any good? lol if so, and if theyre in a digital format could you please swing them my way puhleaaaaase heart ill love you forever hug

fadinghappily@yahoo.com

thanks smile

We walk light
Down the wires
Higher than weather baloons
Empty hearts on fire...

1,803 posts

Posted:
I cant make it to adelaide unless i can get a lift with anyone frown

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
What about a buses/trains?

I'd offer, but CG happens to be two days before my 18th, so no licence for me! frown

I'm catching the Vline bus from shepp...ten hour bus ride it is! Woo!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Fade

hey kids. im after some pix of me spinning, if anyones got some decent ones. i know flick has taken a few and you too mr pancakes, do you guys still have them? and were they any good? lol if so, and if theyre in a digital format could you please swing them my way puhleaaaaase heart ill love you forever hug

fadinghappily@yahoo.com

thanks smile

Hehe, your too funny sometimes, requesting pics of yourselfness. I have heaps from burningman, and a few sunday night gatherings as well, ill send em your way, or just hand em over next week ; )

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
*sigh* im staying up in brissie another 2 weeks just going to fly straight to adelaide. i figured it was cheaper
missing you all soooo much! grouphug

hug me!

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
the quote from last night: Myco - "I wish I had facial hair"

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
it's true, i so don't regret saying that biggrin

1,803 posts

Posted:
Ohh, what did i say?
Flynt knows!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
taken from the VIC Wednesday Nights thread:

Written by: patientangel

Re the Sunday twirling at the gardens, do people still get together early to practice/pat new people on the head from 5? I went down the other day and found the three palm trees, and the guy with the hammer, but no twirly people confused

can youse help?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
people haven't been meeting there until around 7ish these days, we all seem to be too lazy to come out and play early frown

patientangelnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
thanks smile. Will wander down sometime.

"An intoxicated being-in-the-moment that will forever separate those who watch from those who do" - John Birmingham.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
but the sunday after next is likely to be a bit quiet, cos a lot of us are going to adelaide, so i don't recommend you go on the 2nd of oct. looking forward to meeting you patientangel. hug

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
backpacker bump 1 wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hey Lovely Firie peoples smile

Anyone in Melbourne wanna spin fire for a charity (raising money for the Cancer Council) - this Sat night at about 7pm? (Outside a Bar in the CBD – nothing fancy and no insurance required, just no burning guests). If yes gimmi a call 0421 851 886 or email crystalflame@mail.com Cheers D.

See you on Sunday TTFN D.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
bump! this thread is getting a bit neglected. come back people~!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
only a few more weeks til the next long weekend, and i wont have to leave at 8:30. but then, of course, more weeks of no long weekends, and exams.

*freaks out*

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
clarence_quack: you should come twirling more often, then you can post about how much fun twirling was wink 'tis wonderful with the weather starting to warm up.

petey: think about the wonderful months after your exams smile no more nasty school on monday mornings.

6,978 posts

Posted:
..bluebottle... i KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW!! MUAHAHAHAA!

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
ohnoes my disguise has been foiled... time to make a new latex mask and change the height of my leg stilts!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
when u start on sunday? confused

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluebottle

clarence_quack: you should come twirling more often, then you can post about how much fun twirling was wink 'tis wonderful with the weather starting to warm up.
Written by:

I would come, but work is evil and makes me give up all that I enjoy. I will be there this weekend though. They can't take that away from me! Also, as for the past few weeks I've been getting up for work at 5am, i didn't think getting home after spinning at 1am was such a brilliant idea lol

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
we seem to be getting started at around 7:30ish these days and finish when people go home.

clarence_quack: i have a goldfish memory... or something like that

Page: ......