Page: ...
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

farizPLATINUM Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Hi! Is this Sunday spin jam still happening? I'm visiting Melbourne for ten days starting this friday the 4th and it would be nice to have a spin jam!

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
yes its going, it'll be out in the alexandra gardens opposite the national gallery (the one with the pointy top)

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

farizPLATINUM Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
awesome! night time i assume? 8pm onwards? too bad i couldn't pack my fire poi with me but i've got my flowlights grin

so i googled and the nearest tram is arts centre. am i right?

beavismember
33 posts

Posted:
world record attempt at the 3 palms durin earth hour https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=150501365008362

beavismember
33 posts

Posted:
yeah mate if i run any event click attend on my fb event and ill keep ya updated the sunday spins iun melbourne are easiest to get to for a tourist nice and central and stuff

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Hey all, over the next couple of weeks a lot of the old crew are looking to get people back to have a spin and hang out etc...
Would love to see some old faces there, and new faces are of course always welcome...
Hope to see you all there over the enxt few weeks!
*hugs*
Moka

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I've been out of the scene for quite some time, and I'm thinking of getting back into some spinning. Going by the lack of Melbourne posts on the forum it seems the scene has gone a little quiet. Can anyone tell meet what nights/locations the meets are happening?

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i'd head out to play, brendan!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CocoRainbirdstranger
2 posts

Posted:
i'm keen to start playing again too! what's happening peeps? smile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
fire and dancing, apparently!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
It's been a while since I've shown up to a meet, and have no idea what the Sunday Spinning scene is like, but as Bender suggested there is usually a meet-up at Victoria gardens near the hammer throw statue.

Around summertime there is the St Kilda Night markets which are just outside Luna Park on Thursday evenings.

Frankston are meant to be starting a monthly meetup (fortnightly in summer), starting 28th of September I believe. Full details are on the facebook group address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209528909084132/

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

bradclacyGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey, what are the current fire circles in Melbourne? I don't really know any of the current locations/times/days etc.

Would anyone be able to help me out?

Page: ...