Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Hella fun everyone!

I'll be there next week. With half a cake! And (admittedly less exciting) my sister Maddie.

Kupo!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
thanks for coming everyone, was a really nice birthday spinning smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Sorry to have missed it, Pete. Happy birthday!

I was camping... dunno if I'll be making next week either, lots of uni work... fingers crossed the week after!

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
guess i shouldve added to that last post; "see you in two weeks, im leaving for adelaide on thursday" tongue2

see you guys then hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm away at a festival Easter weekend. Should be back the Sunday after smile

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Was lovely to (re-)meet you all grin bounce2

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
Sorry I missed your birthday Pete!
I'm gonna be away for the next two weeks, I'm going to Sydney on Thursday for music competitions.|
Love you all!

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Change of plans. I forgot about plans I made earlier involving going to see Adam Hills' show - long story short, I'll be there until 7.45ish, and maybe after the show if it finishes early enough - but my sister won't be able to make it frown

Kupo!

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
so... i was at confest easter sunday, was sick the sunday before, and will be in Vietnam and Cambodia for the next 3 sundays. So lots of piking on my behalf, but it's legitimate piking. See you all a bit further down the track.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I handed out the details for the Melbourne fire meets to the new twirlers at Confest.

I've not attended lately due to a broken wrist, will see you guys when i'm unbent!

b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Hope the wrist heals well, bender.

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im still in SA at the moment, should be heading back on friday, so all goes well ill see you all sunday evening smile

hug

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Well, not all of us.

I will be away for the next 3 weeks, but I'll see you all after that!

Kupo!

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Sunday's weather forecast.
Drizzle clearing Drizzle clearing
min/max temp 10 / 19°C
Chance of rain 20%, < 1mm
Chance of Stuart 99%

hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Won't be here this Sunday. Perhaps the following sunday smile

hug

&#2384;

Owned by Lost83spy

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
well, im back all safe and well, should be there provided i dont procrastinate the day away.

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
having seen the forecast for this sunday, may i remind everyone the wet-weather plan is to go to the bridge.. it'll still be on.. however, peoples definition of 'wet' seems to vary, so please check both locations..

see you there! hug kiss

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Will be there tonight...
See you all under the bridge =D

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
was great to see you all last night.. glad so many people braved the weather smile

also, shall we start discussing the winter move to the bridge soon. yesterday was, rather, cold.. and the week before was quite cool, but the dew in the air got lots of stuff wet, so a move soon might be in order..

any points of view, agreements, disagreements etc?

hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
After returning home from interstate yesterday afternoon I was way too tired to venture out frown

I'm moving house this coming weekend and most likely won't be there on Sunday.

As for the move to the bridge, I thought that had already happened? Either way, The weather is only going to get colder and we should remain under the bridge until daylight savings and consistent clement weather returns.

&#2384;

Owned by Lost83spy

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I really want to come this week but I may or may not be able to depending on how much I get done between now and then.

I get isis heads between now and then (hopefully) so if I do come I'll totally want it to be at the summer loc so I can burn! tongue2

hug

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I'm personally impressed by cats like MNS and Steph overcoming distance to attend this meet.

I'm happy to move to the sunderground meet - my wicks dun like being wet.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Meow!

hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
also.. if there are any drivers around who'd like to take a little survey for my dads work, that'd be wicked. you can find the survey here. Itll take about 2 minutes.. dont feel obliged, but if youve got the time, apparently itd be helpfull.. shrug

hug

LovoLord and Master
74 posts

Posted:
If I'm not mistaken the Melbourne University Juggling Club will be under the bridge this Sunday from 6 onwards. I think they'd love to see you guys under the bridge too!

Under the skin of our lives; somewhere deep and early, forgotten, we all follow the same dreams.
- unknown

jugglingparrGOLD Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
Yeah, Lovo, you are absolutely right, I have suggested to the Melbourne Uni crew that it might be time to get ourselves back to Southbank this winter 'cos we had an absolute ball last time!

If anyone else is interested, we are going to the Arts Centre from 2pm to have a look at the "Circus in Art" exhibition (free) and then grabbing a bite to eat from the food hall before hitting the concrete with our clubs and stuff at 6pm. Would be great to combine the two groups this Sunday for a BIG one.

See you there!
Christian.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i look forward to it.. see you then!

hug

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:

Im moving to melbourne in july from the UK so thought i would just pop by and say a quick hello and let you know that im really excited!
im looking forward to coming along to your sunday gatherings and meeting lots of lovely new spinny people!

bounce2 hug bounce2 hugbounce2 hugbounce2 hugbounce2 hug

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
I'll bee there...
Bells... The usual! =D

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hey stacey, will be great to have another regular spinner aboard! let us know when you get here.. will be fantastic to have you along smile hug

edit: weather for sunday is expected to be a max of 18, and with the jugglers already heading to the bridge, i might as well head there myself. shall we call this the OFFICIAL first week at the bridge?

hug kiss

Page: ......