Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
What if I were to drive you there? Then it wouldn't cost you 2 cents. (it would cost 2.2 cents with GST!)

I still have your flash drive thingy too!!! I'll drop it off after uni tomorrow.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the offer, however the problem is that I don't have an admission ticket - I can get there easily enough.

Kupo!

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Can you please ask moka to bring my copy of CJ part 2 Pete?

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yup.. shall do simon smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
legend, cheers man, and sorry about the phone call today

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ooooh! that was you... i thought it was chicken from brisbane for a while tongue

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
nope, a mate of mine has been introduced to the game, and we went up the mountain to go snowboarding, he told me I lost, so naturally, I thought I should let you know that you lost too hug

orenicoPLATINUM Member
143 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!
If all go well i'll be joining you by the end of october:)
can't wait, see ya!

Love, Love, Love...

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
So... Tonight people. I'll be there, although it won't be for long!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Waa! I met you last night! How I know who it is shall remain a mystery... ubbrollsmile

Mata Ashita!

Time...Line?? Time isn't made of lines! It's made of circles! That's why clocks are ROUND.

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
whoot! last night was my first night and an awesome one at that! met some nice people....learnt more tricks...all roudn awesomeness! hopefully coming next sunday too...but that will be my last one for a while. stupid school, always ruining my life. hugs to everyone!

Mata Ashita!

Time...Line?? Time isn't made of lines! It's made of circles! That's why clocks are ROUND.

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
But I know who you are too!!
I have psycho powers. biggrin

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Nyahhh damnit...I don't know who you are...but by that picture I'm going to guess...spinny sticks guy? confused

Mata Ashita!

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Lol. Not quite... I'm female!!!

I was the girl with the bubbles.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
for a minute i thought you said "the girl with the boobies" ubblol spank

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Wasn't Claire the one with the bubbles?? And for a minute I was the one with the bubbles too! Waa!! So confusing!

Mata Ashita!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mikoto

Nyahhh damnit...I don't know who you are...but by that picture I'm going to guess...spinny sticks guy? confused

ubblol yet another person to mistake Clarence for a dude!

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Sorry Clare biggrin Does it help if I say that your awesome and I stole your lollies? or what abut I love your music taste?

Mata Ashita!

lljknewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Ok, havn't posted here in several years and rigor mortis seems to have set in on my old account, so without hurtling backwards through the thread, whats the go for weekly fire spinning meetups, are they each sunday and where and when, I now have a car and the extra time to get out and come down to some meetups, so let me know when and with any luck I might see some of you at the end of the week (or whenever they are).

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: lljk

Ok, havn't posted here in several years and rigor mortis seems to have set in on my old account, so without hurtling backwards through the thread, whats the go for weekly fire spinning meetups, are they each sunday and where and when, I now have a car and the extra time to get out and come down to some meetups, so let me know when and with any luck I might see some of you at the end of the week (or whenever they are).

Wednesdays: Edinborough Gardens off Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Near the north end of the park where the carpark, house and gazebo is. The meets from experience tend to be slightly nomadic. One week they might be at the north tip of the park, other weeks they might be south of the Gazebo. Keep your eyes and ears out for fire & drums respectively.
Kicks off at around 8-9ish.

Sundays: Under the bridge opposite Alexandra Gardens where the Southbank Sunday market takes place. When Daylight Savings starts up again it will move to the Alexandra next to the bronze hammer throw statue opposite the art gallery. Kicks off at 6-7pm

Hope that suffices smile hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Yay! Yet another person to come!

Kupo!

lljknewbie
2 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brenn

Wednesdays: Edinborough Gardens off Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Near the north end of the park where the carpark, house and gazebo is. The meets from experience tend to be slightly nomadic. One week they might be at the north tip of the park, other weeks they might be south of the Gazebo. Keep your eyes and ears out for fire & drums respectively.
Kicks off at around 8-9ish.

Sundays: Under the bridge opposite Alexandra Gardens where the Southbank Sunday market takes place. When Daylight Savings starts up again it will move to the Alexandra next to the bronze hammer throw statue opposite the art gallery. Kicks off at 6-7pm

Hope that suffices smile hug

Well I live in Kew so Wednesdays sound good, I'll come along tomorrow about 9ish, whats the normal go, do you all use kerosene or shellite or whats the go, I know I went to one there back in 2003 when I first moved to Melbourne and several people hissed and cried at me for using, god-forbid, anything other than firewater or kero. Do tell because I'm keen to come out tomorrow.

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
I wish I could come to that one too...but unfortunately I still have to sleep smile So I guess it's allright to only come out to the Sundays...When I have holidays of course. *Erupts into tears* I want to come to them all!!! frown

Mata Ashita!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i've ben arriving at 9pm on wednesday gatherings (currently behind the pavilion away from st georges rd) although it's gunna rain tonight so it looks like a miss for this week.

lljk, there has been confusion in the past regarding the summer site. the summer site is on the QV (Queen Victoria) gardens, near the three trees, as opposed to the alexandria gardens, which is on the wrong side of Alexandria Avenue.

Both sites are on a map i made on this web page

was ace to see new faces at sunday this week. Always great to see new styles.

b

ps, hey everyone please try to keep questions and discussions regarding the wednesday meet on the appropriate topic (can be found [Old link]) as other people will find find it hard to track down your contribution when looking for wednesday related info.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: lljk

Well I live in Kew so Wednesdays sound good, I'll come along tomorrow about 9ish, whats the normal go, do you all use kerosene or shellite or whats the go, I know I went to one there back in 2003 when I first moved to Melbourne and several people hissed and cried at me for using, god-forbid, anything other than firewater or kero. Do tell because I'm keen to come out tomorrow.

I probably won't be there tonight as clouds are looking menacing and I've got yoga smile
I can't speak for 2003 as I only started going to wednesdays as of 2004 and more consistently in 2006. You shouldn't be heckled for using kero as nearly everyone I met when i used to go used kerosene.
I use Shellsol/Firewater whenever I can. I try and avoid using kero personally because as a former asthmatic it can wreak havoc on me and it stinks the hell out of my car biggrin

Hope you enjoy your night if you go! smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Well this is much better. I rescued my old account, anyways. I (lljk) will not come out tonite since it was still raining last time I went outside and I picked up a new PC today so I'm too busy being all stoked about it, I leave for work at 6am durin the week so chances are I wont make it out for Wednesday nights much but I might drop on by the gardens on Sunday.

6,978 posts

Posted:
erm after u try the gardens on sunday, perhaps whip past the bridge location too wink

i will be wearing pants.

welcome back, chotys! we've been saving a seat for you!

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Im not sure of the place your talking about, never being to the sunday markets or alexandra/queen vic gardens before, is your bridge spinning spot somewhere I could see from the road so I'm not wandering around wondering where everyone is?

6,978 posts

Posted:
worth a thousand words, ey chotys? wink

Non-Https Image Link

this is a view of hoppers twirling under the bridge, from the princess bridge (away from flinder st station) looking at southbank.

smile

HikkaisPuppetmember
185 posts

Posted:
Whee! I can see Michael!
And I'm not sure if it helps, but just a little bit from where the twirling thingy is (a little bit right in the photo) There's a giant sculpture near some twirly stairs....for all that helped. Well that's how I remember where it is.

Mata Ashita!

Page: ......