Forums > Social Chat > To all the shy newbies out there

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey, this is just a short one because I can see how this crazy good board grows and how impressive it could look from the outside...

I mean, about a year ago, there were less than 400 members and I was so damn impressed. and then in time I felt more comfortable, got in touch with some of the most amazing people ever and now I feel at home really... crazy amount of new and beautiful people every week, so much energy and silliness and light ...

but precisely for that reason, I can imagine how, despite the warmth and kindness and fun that wonderful people like Cantus, Dibs, Thistle, Kyrian, Ros and many otehrs put in welcoming new comers in the introduction threads or elsewhere...yep, I can imagine how intimidating HOP could seem at first.

And so here is a little message for you all who just discovered HOP.
I am sure it is obvious that this place is warm, tolerant and fun. It is run by a fantastic man called Malcolm, moderated by Pele ,CHarles and Josh with talent (much respect and love to you )and it is taken care of by all of us with love and smiles and sillliness. .

And it does look like everyone knows everyone, some people living miles away claim to be family (and they are in their souls ... much love to my family here ), private jokes, nutella or marmite fetish and all that ... but it is very open and don't feel shy, we're all so excited when someone new's coming here.

I actually am no old timer here and it is not really my role to say that, I know . i was just suddenly putting myself in the place of a newbie arriving on HOP. I also remember reading some new people writing how "we all know eachother so well" that they hope they can "fit in" ... I guess all I meant is that this is a warm , cosy and big house and everyone's more than welcome !!!!

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmm........crepes and marmite

cass - don't be insulted. it simply shows how nice your crepes are that I honour them with the addition of marmite

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
KYRIAN - american chocolate IS minging. (and well done, you used the word approriately. Now for your next lesson.....)

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
*Thinks its time to break out the old Semi, glad I put the new fairy bashing bumper on*

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*rus away and hides behind .............erm......"poo, there's no one to hide behind!!" *

Come one man, HERSHEY bars are ming. They aren't even made of really cocoa, and are made of powdered milk!!! urgh!! Have you ever tasted a Dairy Milk Bar or a Galaxy bar??? I don't even like chocolate all thatmuch, but HERSHEY'S taste awfull. So bitty. Urgh!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Oh, so Hershey is actually supposed to be chocolate in the USA ?

interesting ...

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Psssst - Dibs, you can come and hide in this cupboard with me...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*runs to the cupboard and hides with Durbs*

Durbs, you're my brother, get off........

hehehehehe

He always runs me over man. Kick his ass bro.

*opens the cupboard door and shouts to Ray, while pointing at him aggressively*
"Yeah! You think you're hard do you??!?!?! Well I have a big brother, no, infact I have 3 big brothers who are MUCH 'arder than you,yeah, and one of thems a giant, yeah, and they'll kick your ass if you come near me again!! yeah! you like that?!?!?!? 'Cause your gonna love this pal!!!!"

*slams door again*

Oh crap. We can't get out. Erm.....

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
*attaches grapple to very very long cable. throws grapple into depths of social discussion. hauls out this thread*

Phew.

*bump*

why? it's nice, that's why.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
thanks Cassandra, i'v been reading this site of a while but not really posting much yet, you really made me feel welcome. i will try to get to know some of the beautifly people (internally beautiful of course) on the site. bye bye.

It's all good

Page: