Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
wooo corrupted! hehe oh and steph im just waiting for someone to get home so i can ask if you have a room here for the 27th

hahaha bonnie ill never look at one of those...'things' the same way again.. do they have a name? UUUUUUh hUuuuuuuugh haha still makes me crack up

oh and people that know me (sorry but if you dont your very lucky hehemeep) i have to be stuck at my street party on the ..next friday because my mum wants me to spin for everyone. soooo i was thinking that everyone should come to my street party for foood and driiinks (yes of coarse this one come aaafter the fireyness) and spinning aaand drumming and fun stuff! help keep me sane...(as sane as i can be atleast) pm me for my address ubbrollsmile

EDIT: i forgot to say if you need i can pick you up from the station.
EDITED_BY: ezz (1134973545)

hug me!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
heeeeeeeee

ubblove

im still grinning

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
https://photobucket.com/albums/c368/eerniee/

some pictures of last night wish i had my camera out a bit more when people were visible but oh well! and well flynt and josh seem to be the stars of the show!

bonnie i want to see your photos

hug me!

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
Awww, it looks like you guys had an awesome night, I can't believe that I missed it frown Damn weddings in sydney making me miss twiriling *grumbles*

I'll see all you guys on New Year's Day Night smile I might even manage to bring brownies (no promises thou, i expect that I'll be rather disorganised...)

Tallex

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i'll be there, and I'll be hungover!
ha!
or still drunked wink

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
Boohoo, sounds like it was fun, i really did want to go!

I should be able to drag myself there on new years night, whether brain cells exist in my mind or nay...

hope to see you all there!

"Quote coming soon..."

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
So how was new years night?!?

"Quote coming soon..."

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
It was good! We were all under the bridge.

Is anyone going tonight? I'm thinking of making the trip but I'm not sure yet smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
On Roarfires behalf I wanna direct everyone from this thread's attention to [Old link]

I know you guys who come to sundays can make it into city to catch v-line train so why not come along! Trip is paid for and It'll be awesome fun!

Hope to see (at least some of) you there!
Cheers, Moka

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
alrighty guys, I'm off on thursday, so I'll be missing you all!!!
xoxoxoxxo
Flynty

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
We'll be missing u too...
Where U going?

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Wont be able to make it this weekend due to other commitments. Will surely be there the following Sunday however.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
aaw Flynty I'll miss you looooads! hug

hug me!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Well, currently I'm sitting here in tasmania.
It looks just like melbourne except its a different state...

biggrin

in a bit over a week, I'll be in brisbane!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin YAY biggrin biggrin biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

razerflame87Member
12 posts

Posted:
a friend of mine went to this twirl and said that all u guys that go with an exeption of a few individuals were rude arogent and i will NEVER take part in the twirl i will stay in the frankston crew because none of the [censored] like showing off happens down our way and we all are welcome and anyone that cums down is welcomed with open arms and we all have a right to meet new people without being intimidated. Another thing a few of u people are using the wrong fuel for twirling i personally have a problem with people burning kero or citronella they are both oil based and will give us ulcers and water in the lungs and they CAN cause cancer i,m just saying that these thing NEED to be brought to attention

i dont think so F*@&%ER, wog boy first.

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
i,ve been and a few were a bit rude and some of them wouldent evan talk to me i think that what ur saying is true bout the fuel and yes yes my friend these things need to be explained to people before someone gets very badly sick and they are just diffrent to our way razor if u want to know why razor had his outburst cum down to our meet and u,ll understand we all littally get welcomed with open arms jessi WILL hug u hes great we dont show off cause we all have to share our moves and stuff and we all like a family u WILL understand if u cum down hug peace
EDITED_BY: greddyfirebrat (1137123882)

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Woah! Guys! Settle down. There has definately been some misunderstandings here...

There's so much I could say to you guys and I'm having trouble keeping calm about this but I'm going to try my hardest to stay cool about this all smile

I believe this Sunday meet is such a fantastic meet. I live 2 hours away from Melbourne and I come down all the time for this meet, that's how awesome I think it is.

I'm sorry that you guys haven't enjoyed yourselves in the past, but surely there's no need for you to come in a critising us and comparing it with your meet. You're making it seem like a competition or something? That's crazy!

We're all here for the same reason, we all share a common interest and that's what makes any fire meet awesome.

Relax guys! You'll live longer wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Guys, can we try to use a bit of punctuation when critisising please.
It conveys your annoyance and futile aggression much more effectively and makes the board a better place for everyone smile

Thank you.

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

Guys, can we try to use a bit of punctuation when critisising please.
It conveys your annoyance and futile aggression much more effectively and makes the board a better place for everyone smile

Thank you.

ditto

I cannot believe what I'm hearing... The Sunday Twirlers Rude and Arrogant??? confused I remember my first time there, I was welcomed by a friendly tackle, many smiles & hugs and alot of firey fun...
I like roarfire am sorry you had that bad experience, but maybe come down and try it again...
And...
Written by: roarfire

Relax guys! You'll live longer wink

- It's so true!

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:

Slow down a bit!!!

What prompted this outburst in the first place? I'm sure noone at these meets has ever intentionally insulted or ignored newcomers. I myself walk straight up to anyone I don't know and say "hi! I don't know you, I'm claire" then start getting aquainted. People are always keen to teach what they know if asked, and are simply there to enjoy themselves, not show off.

Written by: razerflame87

a friend of mine went to this twirl and said that all u guys that go with an exeption of a few individuals were rude arogent and i will NEVER take part in the twirl

I can't say that anyone I've noticed has been rude or arrogant, we always welcone new people, which is why this meet has been so successful. Perhaps you could come down and take the time to get to know some of us, instead of judging the entire meet by one bad experience (which wasn't even your own).

I can't do anything about the fuel people use, it's the choice of the individual. Many people use kero because it is a cheaper alternative and is easily obtained. If you don't like the fumes, simply don't get to close, or stand downwind!

Also, we aren't trying to compete with the Frankston meet, so if you like it better, we aren't forcing you to come here. The fact that there are multiple twiling meets going on in Melbourne is a good thing, it shows that the fire community is thriving.

(edited to make sense!)
EDITED_BY: clarence_quack (1137215667)

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
So, heres the thing, dear poster. People are people are people. Some people are rude. Some people are nice. As a community, we have a choice about who we hang out with, and it fluctuates a fair bit. To go to a fire meet and expect to be welcomed with overwhelming affection on your first night, is a little rich, dont you think?

Basically, I'm just tired of all this. No one spinning night is better than another. They all cater to different people, different lifestyles, different tastes, and yes, different fuel choices. There is NO point to coming into a thread and attacking the members of one certain spinning night whilst raving about how good your own is.

If you dont like the spinning night you've attended, then Dont Go Again. It's as simple as that. There is no need to be agressive or rude to the locals of that spin meet. They obviously dont have a problem with the atmosphere at their meet, and neither do other newbs that go there. If the meet was that bad, it wouldnt attract new people, and this meet continues to do so.

I'm stoked you have a good fire scene down in Frankston, but please dont bag out other meets just for your own glory. If you have a problem with the attitude of certain spinners at certain meets, find out their names, and send them a pm. But please, have a little grace, and remember that as with all people, the mood of a community can fluctuate. I would suggest that before you spit in disgust at a meet, you try coming again, introduce yourself to a few more people (or your friend to come again and introduce him/herself to a few more people) and see how you like it. And I reiterate. If you dont like it the second time, feel free to excercise your right not to come to that meet again!

Simple as that.

Now, lets be nice folks and get this thread back on track again?

Love n Peaches and Missing you all OODLES!

xoxoxoxo
Flynty

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey razerflame87 if it makes u feel any better, kero makes my stomach turn. I am thankful that there are other cheep fuels out there!
don't feel too bad about last sunday, there is another fire meet further south on sundays, perhaps u can give that one a try, it's a bit more drumming oriented though, if that's your thang. gimme a PM and i'll give ya a rundown of VIC weekly fire meets...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Avzmember
38 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

Just posting to say that I enjoyed the night last night although I was hella tired at the end because of three nights of not much sleep. Was however a good night and looking forward to the next one, when ever I get off my arse to attend again. Oooo... buying fuel on Saturday means I can spin muchness again cool

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys...

Due to me getting a job and working Sunday nights I might not be down anytime soon frown hug

Flickidynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
ohhh that sucks roarfire frown everyone will be sad.

so i decieded that i should actually use my hop account. i'm so boring i know.

Last nights was fun.
Bonnie we miss you!!!! It's just not the same without you. *comes to steal u and take you home*
and of course we miss you too Flynty one. *hugs to the flynty one*

no_pancakesSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
Apologies if we seem rude, I know that I'm standoffish myself but... I'm just a little quiet around strangers. I know that when I first started coming to meets I did feel intimidated by people who were obviously so much better than me, but I learnt a lot from them - especially the people at Sunday meets. That and the Wednesday meet at Edinborough were the only ones in range for me and the smaller size of the Sunday gathering meant that I could learn more, get to know the people better. I'd like to point out that we're neither all extraordinarily friendly, not completely closed off.

I find the best way to enter into a new group is to bring a friend along with you. Then at least you're with someone you know and if things are quiet then there's someone you can speak to. I don't think that you're exactly painting a fair picture of our meet, especially since you have not been there yourself. I also don't think that our response to your comment are really the kind of thing that shows "welcoming spirit" but what would you expect if someone attacked one of your favourite places?

On the topic of fuel, don't worry, we're all pretty well educated.

In short we like our meet.

razerflame87Member
12 posts

Posted:
If you don't like the fumes, simply don't get to close, or stand downwind!

i will stand downwind way downwind in frankston NEver at the meet it IS bad for u to use kero u WILL get sick so dont blame me (us) when u guys are coughing up ur lungs have fun and goodnight

i dont think so F*@&%ER, wog boy first.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"u WILL get sick"

After how long? umm

Page: ......