Page: ...
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
it's all fair mate, i flogged melb meets to all ears i could find at EC wink

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Big Gathering this SUN - don't miss!

(This is most of a goup email going out tonight - get on peoples cases and lets have a fun big week of firie goodness!!!! biggrin)

Calling ALL Firies!!!
Another BIG get together scheduled for this Sunday!

Exams are over and good weather is upon us so now's the time to fire up and come out and play.

With Earthcore just gone and some big upcoming festivals we have many overseas / out of state twirlers in Melbourne at the moment.

Both Edenborough Gardens on Wed and Alexandria Gardens on Sunday will be Big events this week - fuel up, fire up and come out - you won't regret it.
Come out and show our guests a good time and be inspired by the different styles of fire - we have some very talented people in our midst.*

*Also remember these nights are for everyone no matter what your skill level so don't be shy, come out and have fun - Gatherings are really friendly and people will welcome you even if you don't know anyone - just come up and introduce yourself! smile

Sunday Alexandra Gardens
There has been some confusion. Sundays at Alexandra Gardens is a permanent event and happens every week , 7pm till late, hosted by the fabulous Artaxia (Brendan) for Firie and circus people alike. It's a great central location for everyone!
Particularly this Sunday a large turn out is expected and desired . We have guests from out of town and a contingent of firies who have been closeted up with end of year crazies - Break free for the evening even if your life's still mad and come let you hair down. Bring your toys, munchies, picnic blankets, music, etc - whatever will make your night and come out and play!

Drummers wanted on mass!!! This is an event for everyone so come join. (CD players will be on hand if they're slack though so bring music if you want too)

Birthday Announcement!
P.s If you are coming on Sunday and want to embarrass him, it is a guy called Ross's birthday.
Find him and wish him a happy birthday…then watch him blush wink

Become re-inspired, socialize or show off – what ever your passion come share it but remember it's up to you guy's so no pikers!

Cheers and look forward to seeing Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you guy's there!!!! D.

If you are not on the Fire Mailing list and would like to be (you will only get infrequent emails regarding upcoming fire events - email crystalflame@mail.com with 'Please add me to mailing list' in the subject field.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i'm going to have a sulk. Yes. A good old fashioned sulk.

I was going up tonight for a spin. No. not my usual "oh I hope to be there this week" and I never end up going. It was all arranged and I was going.

Until the big bad weather monster decided to spoil my fun:

"TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
CORRECTION - MELBOURNE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for Damaging Winds, Large Hailstones, Very Heavy Rainfall leading to Flash
Flooding
For people in suburbs of Melbourne.
Issued at 3:30 pm EDT on Sunday 12 December 2004"

*sulk*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
If it doesn't rain tonight, after me now not going, I am going to be mega, and I mean MEGA pissed off...

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yee of little faith.
Yes, yes it was raining when i got there, and continued for another half and hour or so. After that it was pretty good. Not the lovely ideal weather but acceptable. Wasn't a particularly good turnout anyway. (the earlier rain must of scared them all away.) See ya all next weekend.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
My risk is that cos my folks were going to drop me off and leave me there with no way of getting home if the weather turned sour and no-one turned up!

I don't think I can go this Sunday...then it starts to get into Christmas/New Year time...I might try for a Wednesday night!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Don't think there is a meet this Sunday. Wont be able to make it to next Sunday as well due to work commitments.
On another note, I posted some vids of me doing meteor in my member gallery. I have some good poi ones as well, however due to lack of hosting space they wont be posted up there until I delete the others. (Early Jan)

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to a spin on the weekend. I've not been doing much lately which is poor. Anyone else joining me then?
I'm on call for work, so hopefully I wont be called. Even if I am, I should be able to attend sometime in the night.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys, I couldn't come because I got called into work and worked till 10 pm. Thought it was getting a bit late to turn up at 10:15.
Did anyone go? Have people been turning up?
Can come next week again due to work. Will endeavour to get some needed practice in during the next week.
See you all Sunday week.

pyrotekGOLD Member
old man fire
27 posts

Posted:
coming this week ataxia? i is making my sunday debut

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I cant i'm sorry. Not 'cause I don't want to however. There are only about two types of shift that prevent me from coming. Unfortunately, i've had three of these weeks back onto each other. I should be fine for at least the next 6 weeks after next week. Excluding Feb 12th weekend due to St Kilda festival. I'm sure there will some sort of firey gathering.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Will be there this Sunday. Weather looks to be OK (25 and sunny the whole weekend.)

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ok, i feel like a bit of a dick, and i want to apologise to those who were at last nights gathering. it was the first one i've ever come to, and have a tendency to become a bit of a social disaster when i'm out of my comfort zoneredface. I was the girl that came up, didn't introduce myself or say anything for about 10 minutes, then scurried off. I felt like i was really intruding on your space. just wanted to clear it up for anyone who was wondering 'who the hell was that, and what was she doing?' i was very impressed by all who had a twirl. Sorry for being such a weirdo!

6,978 posts

Posted:
myco, you'd be surprised at how many people feel that way.
it's *completely* ok to feel that way but know that perhaps the thing people worry about most is what other people think about them!. We're all different, we're all the same.
have fun!
bill

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
this weekend looks good, i will be there or be a square. nothin to be scared of myco. we dont bite. or not all of us. look forward to seein everyone. havent seen u for a while bender™ where have u been?
see u all soon

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
thanks for the reassurance bender and pete. much appreciated. will try to remember this next time my self consciousness overwhelms me biggrin

6,978 posts

Posted:
where have i been? have u been!
i'm going thru fire fuel like there is no tomorrow.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i aint comin tonite. spewin everywhere.

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

6,978 posts

Posted:
:opens umbrella at peete:

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Great to have another keen spinner Myco. Your always welcome!

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hey i'm a newbie i just had my first staff lesson yesterday. I was wondering when can i come down and watch u guys and maybe join in (if someone has a practise staff i can use).
Cheers

eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
We discriminate against no-one. Except maybe those who are anti fire twirling. Certainly come down.

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
So on sundays where are u guys and at wat time cause i dont finish work till 4...stupid work......think it controls me......i wanna spin....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

One day I hope to make the Sunday night meet up, promise wink

But at the moment I have a small problem , so I'm just going to sneak this in here. It's a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone was looking for a room to rent in Ringwood. We had someone lined up to move in, but they piked at the last minuet and the person leaving does not relish the idea of paying two lots of rent.

Just PM me or email

Thanks

Frank

smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
oooh dont tempt me with moving out! The last guy i was meant to move out with went crazy on me (im not joking either ..it was scary). But wrong side of the city for me.
oh and back onto the sunday night meet up thingo i want to go and im sure one day ill get the guts to show my face, it took me long enough to register and make an intro on here though so hmmm might be a while!

anywho tata for now! ubbrollsmile

hug me!

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
Well i'm gunna go down this sunday how many are gunna b there and wat time so i dont rock up and go hay look noone is here....ezz we can meet up b4 hand if u want so that we dont have 2 go alone

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
i cant this time becuase i have a gig to go to at northcote but next sunday would work ..if i catch you online this week we can arrange it then

hug me!

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
I'd just like 2 thank everyone 4 a great night last night..i was the one wearing the Black hoodie....i've only been spinnin 4 like a week and everyone was great 2 chill with and spin with...Thanx 2 tom 4 all the help and hope 2 c u all there next week 4 another mad night

If u were there last night could ya tell me wat u were wearing so i know who is who on the board

Cheers

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
I got an idea! yay. why not try and organise spinnin at the St. Kilda Festival this sunday. Too lazy to figure it all out, i just came up with the idea. cyas lata

Chrisdaynewbie
2 posts

Posted:
newbie here, i'm wondering what stuff there is on in Melbourne that i can watch or participate in soon, and where can i buy poi stuff in Melbourne?

Page: ...