Page: ...
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
chrisday,
www.juggleart.com is prolly ur best choice in melbourne. if u want u can just go to hippy shops or even under the swanston street bridge on sundays at that market. for watching, learinin and participating, this session and the edinburgh gardens sessions are the best. i see you've already had a look round both of the forums so come along, everyones friendly so dont be shy. hope to see you soon

byebye

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Dont buy poi stuff from Juggleart. They only sell wire poi, and frankly I wouldn't use it.
Buy poi from here, Home of Poi. The products are good, and the shipping is relatively cheap and certainly quick. The best value is the cathedral head with ball chain poi.
Sorry I couldn't make it to Sunday night, I got called into work.

Edinburgh is a good night for showing off, Sundays at Alexandra gardens is a better night for learning. (Better lit, starts earlier.)

***About this weekend***
This weekend is the St Kilda festival, so a few of us are meeting down there Sunday arvo. At the moment it will be 7pm, down at the grassed area near St Kilda baths. Everyone is welcome to join us.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Dont buy poi stuff from Juggleart. They only sell wire poi, and frankly I wouldn't use it.

rolleyes

buy whatever poi feels right for you chris. If you like jugglearts gear go for it.
Personally I like the ball chain that Hop use, but I started with cable.
Good luck Chris~~~!!! hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yeah I started with wire poi as well. Actually they were bought from juggleart.
Honestly who sticks with wire poi though?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
from personal experience, or at least accordin to me, the chain poi from under swanston st bridge on sundays are grouse cos they have nice fat heavy wicks so u can go a bit slower. handy. but once again, whatever u like. go round to shops, ask to have a go, or just go to a gathering and ask.

hope to see many on sunday, im gonna try doin a bit o my fire eating which ive been learnin for a few months but havent yet tried at a gathering. could be interesting.

bye all biggrin

------------------
foomp

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
I'll b there sunday night but wont be at st kilda fest

eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

bibblynewbie
1 post

Posted:
so i want to get a big session in this week (its rob by the way. not that i realy think people remember me smile ) and i have a mate who is realy keen to learn

is there much chance of people getting there early?
i remember the first week was earlyish? is this how it still is?
should it be a big turn out?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
wire, chain and ballchain have their fans and non-believers.
best to trust your own experience and ask for a test spin if it's possible at these melbourne fire-thingy-meets wink

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Back to normal this weekend. Jo and Dave are back so hopefully there will be a good crew this Sunday. See ya all there.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
cant come for a while, got skool, but the long weekend in march i will be there will fuel a plenty, stayin till i miss my train n have to wait till 4am. cant wait but till them im gona be bored.
cyas all soon

------------------
foomp

BatwalkerBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
Hiya I'm in Melbourne at the mo, and could wonder if anyone could tell me when the next meet is?

I am a EVIL Giraffe.....

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
gday batwalker. next meeting is on wednesday, over in the edinburgh gardens of Fitzroy. starts around dark. the next sesh at the alexandra gardens is on sunday though, accross the road form the national gallery, the three raised palm trees next to the hammer throw statue.
hope to see you there
byebye

------------------
foomp

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
this weekend was simply lovely smile

nice to meet everyone (again in some cases)

Currently on the right side up of the world.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
So awesome to meet up for a spin with old faces remembered and new ones to do just that. (that made sense in my head when i said it, really it did)
Tis good to be back smile

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sorry I couldn't make it last Sunday. I will certainly attend this Sunday. I'll even bring the portable sound system this time.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
yay im going to be there this time...i get to meet everyone woo cant wait! biggrin

hug me!

fiendishMember
51 posts

Posted:
Big chundery spew.
Had a great time meeting everyone last sunday was looking forward to this and next sunday to get ta know yall better, but alas I must work this sunday and next week i've been invited to the Port Fairy folk festival.
(the portable sound system is good idea)

P.S.-DON'T FORGET THE AEROGUARD!

"Aaah fire. Scourge of Prometheus,toaster of marshmallows & irradicator of small children..." SideshowBob.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
David or I normally bring a portable stereo when we attend. Be better to have some drummers though.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
I should be back down there. I need some practice before up coming performances. And i'll grab some aerogaurd or bushman from work to stop the mozzies.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hey, they weren't that bad last time I was there. Maybe I just smell too much for their liking. wink

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Hmm, i wanna come, and i can but not tonight, i was thinking maybe next sunday, but two tribes is on them and alot of people will be going (not me frown) i dont want to get there and find it empty

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Just a suggestion, if anyone hasn't thought of it already, how about we do something labour day weekend, or moomba, it should be pretty cool as there will be heaps of people around on the sunday night anyway.

sakura- there will be people there next sunday, im bringing a group with me it should be good, two tribes or not.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Cool, where abouts in the gardens is it held?

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Well i'll be there again. Making the most of that weekend. So it should be fun.

As to where it is held its in the Queen Vic Gardens just opposite the Arts center and National Gallery. And there is three palm trees on a mound and we twirl on east side of the mound.

Just come around 7 or 7:30 and by then there should be quite a few people there by then.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
alexandra gardens pete,
cant wait to see all, seems as if a lot of new faces have popped up scince ive been last, school makes my twirling less frequent, but tis moomba, tis a long weekend and i have a heaps of fuel. should be good,
see u all soon

--------------------
could you be loved, and be loved

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Alexandra gardens are the ones next to the yarra, the Victoria gardens are the ones on the south side of Alexandra avenue which is where the three palm's is.

And with moomba it will be great but in previous years that area has beem used for the freeza stage. So im not too sure if it will be accessable this year or being used again.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Gotta say ***pete's right. The queen vic gardens actually house the three palm tree where we spin.
Sorry about the lack of battery power in my stereo. Shall buy some new batteries during the week.
I've hear on TV ad's that there will be a fire performance at the moomba festival. Does he mean fire-twirling? If so, who's doing the performance?

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
For what's on at Moomba check out:
https://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/content.asp?Document_ID=87162

The fire performance is actually just fireworks on the yarra.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i have a feeling that our spot may be taken cos of moomba this weekend. They're showing a moonlight cinema on palm lawn. the map doesnt show where palm lawn is so we could be up the proverbial creek.
finding out more info now, but ill keep all posted. in the event that its taken, where do we go??

----------------------

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sick of explaining where the gardens are, i got a map
just look for the big palm trees, they're kinda difficult to miss.

about this sunday, i couldnt find a map that said where palm lawn is. i THINK that we could be fine, but i have no idea. any idea anyone.

--------------------

Page: ...