Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
It's good 2 c so many new people comin on sunday i've gone 2 a couple now and they are becoming really good if ur a newbie i suggest u go sunday not wednesday cause the people on sunday are all about helpin u learn and not so much showing off

eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
SO LOST.
I'm hoping pineapple pete will be nice and take me there?
Unless hes teaching, maybe he could meet me at flinders st station then? Hope so

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Yeah we will be fine Moomba never crosses over into the gardens where we are. Well the actual event dosent but the people do.

It is too dangerous to have the event going over the major road cause they would either need to put in a temp set of traffic light or block that road for the weekend. And neither are good options. So we dont have to worry about the Palm Gardens Cinema. That is getting held on the lawn on the east side of the skate park.

So come all to a great night of twirling and if we are lucky we migth get a good crowd. MIght even be big enough for us to start putting a hat down for passers by.

Also i just read that they are having circus workshops on during the day. So how bout a few of us go down and have a play with that too. Start by pertending not to know anything. And then start picking up the skills really easily till your better than the teachers there. It coudl be a lot of fun.
EDITED_BY: ***pete (1110279787)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im there, where can i meet ya pete.

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Hey dobz stop acting like ur all cool!! saying its great to see new faces when u r a new face you've been there twice!!! wink

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

1,803 posts

Posted:
Let him go :P

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
Yer i've been there twice and now more and more ppl are comin thats wat i was saying

side note...never introduce ur X 2 fire spinning she will stalk u there on sundays!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
erm how's the headcount last sunday guys? i feel the need to fwirl on the sabbath...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Bender come back havent twirled with you since Dell-Dints party down in Darrabin.

So you should come down and have a play. Last week there were about 15 people maybe more. Most twirling at some point.

Also how was Triptamine? Was suspose to twirl up at it but seeing most of work was up there running it i had to stay back.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Stalking? I believe you invited me thank you very much- Each of the two times! wink

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
hello, it was great to finally get a twirl, I hadnt twirled in like a year, i came down two weeks ago and said a a few hellos. Cant wait to come this sunday night..... were the mozzies bad last week? or did they only come out the week before? Should be a quite a crowd this weekend. Anyways look forward to remeeting everyone, thanks for helping me cure my stick Pete, am bringing lots of fuel this week so should be good. by the way does anyone know if shellite is available in bottles like kero is?

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

fiendishMember
51 posts

Posted:
Yes Shellite is available like kero.I don't know if it's available in the big 4lt bottles, but is definitley in 1lt bottles.

I too shall be joining in the fwirl this Sunday, Even though I was supposed to be at Port Fairy for the weekend.

Does anyone know whether Hogan will be there this weekend? I wanted to do some more devilsticking with him.

"Aaah fire. Scourge of Prometheus,toaster of marshmallows & irradicator of small children..." SideshowBob.

fiendishMember
51 posts

Posted:
So just for confirmation -Sunday twirling will be in usual spot ,yes?
no?maybe? ubbidea
Aah, i'll find yaz. weavesmiley

"Aaah fire. Scourge of Prometheus,toaster of marshmallows & irradicator of small children..." SideshowBob.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Yes, the usual spot.
It should be big this weekend!!
This is your last chance for some summery weather. (30degrees?)
There should also be a lot of people around. Crowd that is. I'm not so sure about putting a hat down. But that's just me. ***pete your fine to do it if you so wish.
I bought some batteries so there's music. But... feel free to bring your drums.
The devil stick guys name is actually Holger. He, He, but Hogan sounds amusing.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
ok, i've plucked up the courage to come for a twirl this sunday, so if you see a girl looking socially inept, give her a smile (even if it isn't me, it's just a generally nice thing to do!)

i know i've got no reason to, but i'm feeling very nervous, so please don't bite. see you tomorrow biggrin

1,803 posts

Posted:
I'll be nervous too, Myco, so if you see two sicially inept girls say hi! I'll be the one wearing american camo or a pink tartan skirt:P
As myco said:
Dont bite....too hard

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
Hi Myco and Sakura_moon,

There is no need to feel nervous, we are all very friendly smile
If you see a tall thin guy playing with poi, that is probably me, come up and say hi.

Alex

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
I'll be on my way down tonight. But wont be getting there till 8:00 or later. But should have my gear with me and a few liters of firewater people can use. Thats if the didnt use it all up after i crashed last night.

1,803 posts

Posted:
Wooo had alot of fun, had to leave early tho and my hands are singed from Gidge's fans!!!
Cant wait for next week

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhh everyone was SO cute!!!

biggrin
such a lovely night, yup. we utterly enjoyed ourselves!

xoxxoxox

Currently on the right side up of the world.

dobz3newbie
19 posts

Posted:
last night was great big crowd lots of ppl i've never seen b4 hopefully the numbers will be just as big next week. hopefully i get 2 c that meteor next week!
Cheers guys

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
yay! everyone was lovely last night. thanks for being so welcoming! had a ball. look forward to coming back next fortnight.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
HUZZAH!

this sunday i am coming up to melbourne to see Cirque and after i'll come fire twirling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

p.s. could i please borrow somebodies staff and/or torches and/or devil sticks and/or poi as a last resort? you cant take them in the plane unfortunatly

thanks all, see you this sunday! THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FlameSILVER Member
addict
435 posts

Posted:
hi guys had an awesome night, found the shellite in bottles but i found out it burns a quite a hot flame compared to kero, a little too warm for me. Wont be there this sunday but should hopefully be there next sunday. Thanks for the help on learning the five beat weave!! woo hoo. And cant wait to bring my three sectional next time to see if anyone can show me how to use it heehee. Cheers.

*In the car while Pink is playing on the radio*
Tristan aged 4 : "Mum is this Pink?"
Flame:"Yes mate this is Pink?"
Tristan:"Are you going to Pink?"
Flame:"Yes i am"
Tristan:"Cool well I'm going to BLUE" smile

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
arg! ! !
a rope darting guy and a three section staffist is coming this weekend, and i cant come frown
im tryin to learn it, got my self a foamy one, hurts less, but legalities on them are a bit wonky.
tryin my best to come, my project for this weekend is to make some stilts, so i may or may not have some bandages.
cheers, pete biggrin

p.s. try doing this move followed by dropping to ur knees and if u can onto ur back, while continuing that move. its a personal fave of mine, and looks mad as. takes a bit to get going well though. good luck.

cheers again, pete bounce

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Still haven't recieved my fire meteor yet. It should be here any day soon. I want a little practice with it first before lighting up anyway. Sorry to dissapoint.
I will still bring my normal one. Once again, anyone game is welcome to try it.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
a guy i know offered to make me the hand grip if i want some meteor

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hand grip for a meteor? Please explain.
Got it in the mail yesterday, but I was working so I couldn't pick it up. Ah well, next week. Easter weekend? Plan anything festive?

Hey all, daylight savings finishes on the 27/3 (Sunday morning). I'll talk to everyone on Sunday night, but do people want to move back to the 5/5:30 pm meet time like it was at the start.
Do we want to keep the whole meeting while it's still light thing that I love so much. (Hmm not much bias there). Or meet while it's dark?

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i likes the daytime bit, thing, befor fire. learn moves, SEE your meteor before it hits me biggrin, dito with double staffs, my face is still sore from where i got a good smakin in the face with naths metal staff.
is anyone comin on sunday, dont wana arrive and have no one turn up.
look forward to seein your meteor, and to see someone else with a three sectional. i better practice.
got the btb forward 3 beat weave, so im rather proud,
and hope to see all very very soon.
bender, where were you, you didnt twirl on the sabath.
cheers, pete biggrin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
by the way, dave, joe, have not seen either of you since st kilda fest, are you guys plannin on comin the weekend.
hope to see you soon
cheers, pete biggrin

Page: ......