bairie fenlord high king of swingers *(now defunct)**(but will rise again ! !)*
165 posts

Posted:
anyone ever been ripped off by a well meaning promoter ?
flogged your guts out preparing to give it your all, then been told that no sorry you can't have that 40 quid i promised, as its been a bad night, only to see the deviant out on the piss the next week with a loads of waitrose finest shoved in their you know what !
So how do we deal with this \?
Pre written contracts and cash up front ????
I say nuclear bombing to rid us of this evil scum !
Viva la resistance and spit in their ass ! ubblove ubblove ubblove

fly fairies, fly high, fly wide and take no prisoners !!!!!!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Ive had £10 pinched from right out my pocket biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
~ A club tried once before, but we just stayed there until they gave us the money.

~ Had to wait for 3 weeks for the couple to get back from their Honeymoon once before ( "Oh sorry, we thought the best man was going to pay you" umm )

~ New Record - 5 weeks for cheque, even then it came from an intermedatory as the "promoters" (not naming anynames *cough*Avalon*cough*) seemed to have dissapeared and even the co-organisor couldn't track them down.

Solution - Written (and signed) contracts + 20% deposit before booking to ensure you've at least covered costs whilst chasing them for payment.

Live and learn... smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

bairie fenlord high king of swingers *(now defunct)**(but will rise again ! !)*
165 posts

Posted:
good plans durbs !
cough- carnival twist -cough

fly fairies, fly high, fly wide and take no prisoners !!!!!!

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
at HQ a few weeks ago some asshat ganked my strings out of my back pocket and wouldn't give them when i walked up to him and asked for em back... then my friend jeff asked him if he could use them to string, turns and hands them to me, then walks off. b-b-b-b*tch

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.