Forums > Social Chat > Cantus ya sweetie/random acts of kindness

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhh random acts of kindness make the world go around as I found out yesterday when checking my email...

C@ntus sent me many a fraggle picture in my email box and made my face light up with a grin, on a day when I really needed a boost of happiness...

The pictures took me away to a happy happy memory place C@ntus and I wanted to make a very public thank you... The fraggles were one of my favourite cartoons...(and Sumari Pizza Cats, and Gummy Bears and Rainbow Bright... remember Rainbow Bright Moon Pixie?)

Fanks berry much C@ntus.... big cheesy grins biggrin biggrin

EDITED_BY: Valura (1155293704)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Ooo! do you mean "Fraggle Rock"?! That was my favorite! I love the Dozers and Red was my favorite fraggle! OMG, i wish i could rent those or something!
C@ntus, can you please send me some Fraggles??!!
Hey, has anyone here ever seen the cartoon movie "The Point"?

*Down in Fraggle Rock*

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
You can rent them Im pretty sure... you could prolly even buy them off the net or something...C@ntus would know... hope I didnt bring a blush to yer face C@ntus....
Has anyone else done any random acts of kindness lately? Any warm fuzzy stories?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I dont know if it was really random, but it was an act of kindness...

One of the Marines I work with did something wrong, he will probably go to the brig (jail) for it too. That Marine was supposed to leave on a deployment, now someone had to take his spot. My NCOIC (NonCommisiond Officer In Charge) had a tough call to make. All of the Marines under him were either already deploying soon or had just returned from deployment. There were 3 of us who just returned one had just gotten done spending a year away, the other got back a month before me and had recently married, and then there was me. My NCOIC, chose the Marine who had just recently been married.

I, seeing how deployment breaks up marrages, could not sit here at home and let my friends marrage go into termoil. I voluntered to take his place.

Hey how often do you get to write your own orders??

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
oh my... i had almost completely forgotten about the Gummy Bears.. i can hardly even remember them actually.
I love old tv shows and cartoons.. kids these days are missing out big time. Astroboy, transformers, Sootie and Sweep, the list goes on!

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
"Gummy Bears... bouncing here and there and everywhere...."
Didnt they drink some kind of juice made out of a pink berry and bounce everywhere? lol.. not really much different from what some of my mates do on the weekend.. what about the smurfs and the SNORKS... oh my god the snorks I forgot all about them... ha...there was tooter...hah ha aha
Raymond... that was such a nice thing that you did...and your fellow officer must have been really thankful to you, as was his new wife Im sure...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oddly enough, gummi bears drink gummiberry juice.

Dashing and daring,
couragious and caring,
faithful and friendly with stories to share,
all through the forest,
they sing out in chorus,
marching along as their song fills the air....

Gummi bears,
bouncing here and there and everywhere,
high adventure that's beyond compare,
they are the gummi bears.

Magic and mystery are part of their history,
along with the secret of gummi berry juice,
their legend is growing,
they take pride in knowing,
they'll fight for what's right in whatever they do...

Gummi bears,
they are the gummi bears...
they are the gummi bears.

(instrumental)

Dashing and daring,
couragious and caring,
faithful and friendly with stories to share,
all through the forest,
they sing out in chorus,
marching along as their song fills the air....

Gummi bears,
they are the gummi bears...

oo-oo-oo

Gummi bears, when a friend's in danger,
they'll be there,
(can't understand that line)
they are the gummi bears
they are the gummi bears!

Hope that's ok for you. Sorry i couldn't transcribe all the words for you but it was short notice. I'll try harder next time.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There's a fraggle rock DVD coming out soon but I don't know much about it. You should keep checking with your dvd supplier i think.

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I Swear that the smile on my face is big enough to crack it right now...Oh my goodness.. I wonder what you do for a living C@ntus...You should be a great cartoon oracle, who travels the world answering questions for those who are seeking and are dedicated to the world of cartoons. You would be held in high esteem across the globe and be looked after wherever you would travel. Great feasts would be cooked for you, and you would enjoy meals of fairy bread washed down with gummiberry juice, while creating new awe inspiring cartoon characters with your mind!!!!
You would have to have a side kick Im sure and I envision a small talking dog that is very purple ( from drinking lots of gummiberry juice) and has an extremly catchy phrase that he says all the time like "ya know who else loves it?... YA MUM"
Oh the wonder you would spread....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ooh ooh yes I do remember Rainbow Bright! I just recently found a vidio of it... Must borrow it soon There's this really cute photo of me on my 5th birthday holding my brand new dolls... Rainbow Bright and Paddio Green, they came with little sprites as well... 'member Shy Violet?

And the Snorks were awsome! Do you remember the Smoggies and Suntucks? And the Chipmunks and Chipetts? What about the Pawpaw Bears?

I love childhood memories

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Cantus, did you receive that email I sent you a while back with the theme song from fraggle Rock in French ???

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Cantus has done may a kind thing for me. I owe him muchos for his kindness. He's forever posting things for me and making me smile with his silliness, and helping me with serious stuff, when he reveals his mature side
Love you very much bro.
You are one in a million xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Is this turning into a cantus appreciation thread?

If so I would like to make it publically known that he is the bestest boyfriend in the world ever. I can't begin to list the hundreds of random acts of kindness he has shown towards me. And he never fails to bring a smile to my face. He is hopelessly romantic and wonderfully silly.

I got a box of pens in the post from him the other day too. Cos I couldn't find any. So he got me some. (see what I mean?)

* hands out buckets accordingly as people begin to vomit ......*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I won't vomit, just grin ...
You are truely a beautiful couple and I loved watching the two of you together in London

I think you've got something real special and I think you appreciate it as the treasure it is ...

i think you two are amazing and i wish you nothing but love and love and love

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*blushes profusly*

Yes Cass I got that email. I was going to send you some stills from the French version but never got round to it. Sprocket (the dog) in the french one was called Croquette and the human character was played by Michel Robin.

In the spanish one Red was called Rosi.

I wrote an essay on Fraggle Rock y'know. I think Ros has about 3 copies of it

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Four copies. but i only read it three times

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

3,492 posts

Posted:
I would SO love to read your fraggle SA Cantus Please may I please please please!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Check your inbox Mistress Pixie.

Meh

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay Thanks SO much Cantus!
Fun fun!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Yippeee!!!! I am one letter away from being a spanish fraggle!!!! And the bestest of fraggles too!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Could I have a copy of your essay C@ntus? Would love to see it... yep I would...

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
in fact cantus you might as well post it as a new thread here.
then everyone will benefit.

Non-Https Image Link

wherever you go, there you are.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
The fraggles were one of my favourite cartoons...(and Sumari Pizza Cats, and Gummy Bears and Rainbow Bright... remember Rainbow Bright Moon Pixie?)

YEAH!!!!!!! SAMURAI PIZZA CATS FUCKING RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's a several thousand word essay though.

Meh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
SickPuppy... I love the pizza cats... I know the whole song to it and everything...I was SOOOO addicted to it when I was just a lil one!!!
Speedy, Lil Polyester,and Guidio anchovie (sp) you rock my world !!!!!
oh joy.....

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
rad!!! I was singing along to the gummi bear song the other day in the shower and got stuck on a few verses (thus improvised )

The snork song still has me a little beat...

Come along with the snorks,
Sing along with the snorks,
So much to see livin under the sea,
Have some fun with the snorks...

If you could breathe underwater
Where would you go
If you had friends underwater
Who would you know

blahblahblah

Have some fun with the,
play along with the,
sing along with the snorks! ????

That's probably completely muddled...

Did anyone used to watch My Little Ponies ?

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
MY LIL' PONY!!!!!!ARRRGHGGGHGH
does the happy dance as seen in BASKETBALL
I used to love that soo much..I had a little pony and EVERYTHING..With the long rainbow coloured hair.So many beautiful memories...To be honest I cannot remember the tune of the snorks for the life of me...maybe there is some kind of site that C@ntus the all seeing cartoon oracle will know about...

[ 30 July 2002, 15:38: Message edited by: Valura ]

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I had about 20 my little ponies... (probably more!) no kidding... an special magic names for them all... and I used to play with them in the bath and stuff.. and make them have little adventures...

*sighs* ..

I remember there was a part where the pink my little pony with the blue hair and the wings though.. I think it was a cassette tape story..where there was a storm and thunder and she got lost in the clouds. It used to scare the shit outta me! I would literally need to be around other people after that ("Muuuuuummmm!!!")

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
Hey that was nice of you, it is important to realise how simple things can affect other peoples day to day reality for good!!!
and ray volanteering like that was so good, you deserve a niceness medal!!

It's all good

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
wow! i found this really old thread about random acts of kindness and cantus!
and want to know whats cool! he still does this! *hnn*

yay for random acts of kindness!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Random acts of kindness are lovely! biggrin ubblove sunny

I'm very lucky, lots of people are kind to me.

Cantus sent me a picture of a frog to putin my letter box after i got jealous of hearing about another hopper.

He also sent me, giraffes aswell when I moved into my flat in Perranporth, and most recently some mices to cheer me up. biggrin hug biggrin hug biggrin

Ry sent me a bronze giraffe, which arrived the day I moved into my caravan ubblove for no reasone at all! biggrin hug biggrin hug biggrin

Tia the Fairy/Chelsea sent me some fat pants that arrived the same day, to say thankyou for spending time with her when she was staying in Cornwall.....completely unnecessary, but completely appreciated. kissMiss ya girl! biggrin hug

And many others...i love people....they're lovely! ubblove ubblove

Page: