Forums > Social Chat > Spreading the lurve :D

Login/Join to Participate

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
So I'm spinning. And Eddie says "there's this new kid; he's really good". Cool.

And the new kid comes and boy can he move smile

So We're trying to teach eddie BTB weave *without* him losing his manhood (something he seems determind to do!)

And then he goes off to tap lessons, so i'm spinning, and a child comes up and says "teach me *that* one". So i start teaching her weave. And another child comes up and says "teach me too?" so i fetch my third (and last) pair of "proper" poi so i can teach her also. As I'm getting the poi, a french girl stops me and asks if I'm the teacher, and i tell her I'll teach her if she wants to learn, so she comes up too.

I taught 3 ppl the 3bt forwards weave tonight and was so proud of them all when they could do it without problem biggrin Taught butterflies to one girl also. smile

2 weeks time, they'll be better than me biggrin

Funny though, i turned up tongith and it seemed like *everyone* (female) had a pair of poi socks. When the guy turned up he was, (if that's your thing) cute.

Explains a lot wink

ubblol

Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
nothin better than someone who's willing to spend the time to teach everyone who wants to learn how to string and "spread the lurve" as you so accurately put. Go you! biggrin

~Zim

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
spread the lurve spread the lurve unfortunately when im spotted spinning i mostly get look at that twat that isnt cool..... some ppl can be so closed to themselves and follow the leader.... Individuality rules weavesmiley

You go big hugs for you hug hug hug hug

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I enjoy it actually. I'll consider myself a pro when i can teach eddie BTB weave. ubbangel

Next week we'll do reverse weave so that they can turn smile

Dorothy Gale

102 posts

Posted:
i can only just do btb reverse weave but for some reason i cant master the same going forwards its kungfusing confused

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Awww, good luck learning smile

Dorothy Gale

102 posts

Posted:
thanks i was outside earlier and all i keep doing is twating myself in the back of the head.... umm

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Heh, i kept getting black eyes. Got two at once one time, that wasn't fun!

smile

Dorothy Gale

102 posts

Posted:
I will learn it and i will master it and i will do the poi dance after doing it for a whole week......

May be a bit embarassing at work but i will.....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I have tremendous admiration for anyone with the patience and ability to teach. I hate people asking me as I'm crap at it.

"It's easy. What's wrong with you. And stop crying, you big blouse."

Please don't ask me. Evil Eera comes out to play.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eera

"It's easy. What's wrong with you. And stop crying, you big blouse."

ubblol ubblol

I like teaching (I was once going to *be* a teacher before i realised that hating standing up infrpnt of a room full of ppl wasn't condusive to good teaching practise biggrin). It's great when they get it smile

Parramatta - drove through it last week onthe way to the mountains. I think? (Could i have blinked and missed it, as i know we went in that direction!)

smile Lynne

Dorothy Gale