NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I know it's most of a Burningman thing but are any HoPers PDFing? I'm gonna try and hold poi trick trading meets as well as some organized lessons for newbies.

www.playadelfuego.org

Don't bother if you don't already got tickets... it has been sold out for months. frown

But I'm going with 500 of my closest friends and I couldn't be more excited. ubbrollsmile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It['s so strange to me that there's NO crossover between HoP and the North East Burningman Community.

Another example of two of my independant worlds I guess...

Well it's my favorite US party of the year. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Isn't PDF more of a MidAtlantic thing than a NorthEast thing ....

Also - speaking of Northeast/MidAtlantic Poi things .... Sphercular Ball anyone? October 30, 2004??

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Funny how even though PDF tix are sold out, I just got myself one tongue

I wont be able to get there till sometime Sunday night though. But I hope to see you there, NYC. You gonna be hangin with Skunk at all? I believe I have plans to meet up with him.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sunday Night? Bummer.

Yeah, I'll be around Skunk. I'm also holding newbie poi classes every day at noon and advanced teach-ins every day at 1PM. But it sounds like you'll miss them.

Sunday NIGHT? You suck dude. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I actually could go early Sunday but my friend Denise is the one with the ticket connection and shes getting them at the venue. She cant go till around 6pm so Im stuck till then. Well just be sure to have enough fun to make up for the 2 other days I missed and then some smile

Not like I really need lessons anyway ubblol weavesmiley

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
No dumbass... you can teach ME some stuff damnit!

But I guess you should wait for Denise... she's a hottie.

But don't bitch if the rest of us are just lieing about in post orgasmic bliss... tongue

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh. Sooo much fun! Will post more when I recover a bit smile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
So, yeah. Even though I only got to spend about 12 hours there, I had a BLAST at PDF. Got to meet so many awesome spinners its amazing. Might seem kinda trivial to most of you long time burners but this was my first ever burn so twas something to remember indeed.

Imma definately need to hit up PDF in the spring as well as BM2005... In between traveling round the US and Europe that is smile

Anyway, just wanted to thank all you guys who stuck around till the end and made my first burn unforgettable. Hopefully Ill be able to get some of this video footage onto my PC sometime soon so we can relive the memories together! smile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sooooo nice to meet you. Wish you could have been there for the warmer, partier nights. You're really not allowed to ever miss a PDF again. I'll gladly come and pick you up in PA on the way down Friday. If not me, than any one of us.

Many many cute Ladies kept remarking on how hot/cute you were spinning. If you'd have gotten down there earlier you'd have definitely had a fan club.

Yo ... and your style is AMAZING. I'm gonna have to channel some ICoN and clean up my planes and timing. Quality, Quality, Quality. Give us a ring if you're ever near New York.

OH... and welcome to the party. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Hehe, fan club... Well, there was that one guy who kept coming up to me to cop a feel and tell me Im "pretty"

ubblol

Thanks for the compliments. Means a lot coming from you. And your planes/timing are just fine. Yer spin came out great on film, really clean buzzsaw stuff and wrappy goodness. In fact, I gotta work on my planes a bit come to think of it.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Dude... you're planes are gorgeous. Your extensions are amazing. I don't know how the heck you get your timing so clean that when you do a one armed extension, it comes back into the weave still perfectly split.

I guess I gotta practice...

Hope to see you again soon

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

HOP Newsletter