Page:
Cazzarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Hey ya'll..just out of interest what do most of ya'll wear while spinning?
And of course any of ya that are gonna say 'clothes' haha i did it for ya!
No just out of interest..like do you wear hats or bandanas on yer heads..fer those with long hair..and shorts or pants etc..sleeves or not.. does anyone wear a specific outfit? it be interesting to see the differences!
eh catcha ya'll take care!
peace out
cazzar

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
and now, you all know!
(i was gunna post the picture, shuddered at the thought, then chose not to.)
tigers are kool.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh my goodness... there is a medical defination of what that man is suffering from Im sure...
"like a tiger, Grrrrrr"
That picture has given me cold shivers..lol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

6,978 posts

Posted:
I don't vant to talk about cricket, i vant talk about firetwirling.
you must firetwirl like you are making love ..like a tiger.

Non-Https Image Link

..like a tiger!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you are a funny funny guy Bender...
Damn it I just smashed my knee falling off the chair laughing... Nice work....TIGER
I am hopefully going for a trip to Melbourne soon... so I will wanna be catching up to go twirling with the melbournites...
BTW Cazzar i wore some kind of bandana when I first started twirling but now I dont seem to need it as much
looks around and knocks on wood
Now I just wear leather and pvc... nah cotten tee and jeans all the way....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Wow Bender where did you get that pic from. The late show was fantastic.

I'll always remember that Like a Tiger Grrr

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I don't wear anything when I spin....

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
LOL... Dibs, you're gonna make all these men go crazy in the coconut with what you say

LOL

::looks around looking for Arashi and getting a few buckets of cold water ready to help him out::

I wear thai pants and a little black top and bandana... i still hae not reached the level where I can spin without anything ... probably never will. I have re-done my hair cut a few times with fire... enough is enough ...

and that tiger guy gives me the creeps, really !!!!!

shine on
cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

4,224 posts

Posted:
without anything ON MY HEAD i meant, of course !!!

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
u gota be brave to do that !!

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
i like to twirl wearing straw ..... u got movement .. air conditioning and if ur tactfull an alternitive to an open fire .. ...

no but on a serious note..im thinking a smart outfit wud b a wetsuit ....... if u think about it its styly , protective , keeps you warm .... and its a good if ur on the beach .. go for a swim afterwards

just a thought......

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

4,224 posts

Posted:
if a wetsuit is what I think it is (the thing you dive with ???) then my guess is that it would actually be the most dangerous outfit for firespinning on earth : hit yourself and your suit will melt right into your skin and because it is so tight, you'll never take it off on time ...

hmmm... better wear straw IMO

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
"look mum , its a seal , its a dolphin ( or a whale .... depends who you are) ...... no its super__________(youre name goes here)

trust, honesty, loyalty, and forgivness...~BAH~... a good friend is someone who'll put you out when you're on fire

4,224 posts

Posted:
... no it's super .... burnt to the third degree Snarf

hmmmm... wish i was a Dolphin, but that's Moon Pixie, I'd have to admit I am more of the whale type anyway

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
okok so the wetsuit idea isnt too flash ... but like my pappy always sais better to say nothing at all rather than degrading, and using peoples FANTASTIC , INVENTIVE , CREATIVE IDEAS AS A DOOR MAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snif snif .........(my 2 cents)

4,224 posts

Posted:
::hands Snarf a crepe with nutella and gives a big hug::

did not mean to hurt your feelings, but did not want you burnt to the third degree with that sexy wetsuit on either

shine on
Cassandra

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
mm nutella ..... excellent .....

all is forgiven and forgotten ..... mmmm nutella ....

.............. bak to the topic tho
... i personally rekon the guys look best topless with long black pants ( aslong as their carefull enough not to burn themselves) ,,,,,.... mmmmmmmm ..... *slrp*

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Grrrrr, not bloody nutella again!

I don't really care what I wear to be honest, just whatever's on at the time, but I do always take care to think whether any of the clothes I'm wearing are highly flammable.
(weeps as his tasteless pink and ornage luminous capri shellsuit from the 80's is finally put into retirment... )

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

snarfmember
28 posts

Posted:
i got a couple of shell suits to spare ...... as long as you dont mind the change of color scheme from pink and orange - to lime green and as i like to call it "ear wax brown" ,,,,,, itll still have the effect u want i think

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I like twirling in my hot pants, fluffy leg warmers and my fluffy bra, with a hat, as I can feel the warmth of the fire as it goes past me. It's a nice feeling...........and not in the slightest bit erotic.

Other than that, I normally just wear jeans and a top. But for some reason, when I spin my fire poi, I do always wear a hat.....

*lol @ the image of herself being naked but wearing her orange fluffy beanie hat!!*
Non-Https Image Link

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
without anything ON MY HEAD i meant, of course !!!
Damnit! There goes that fantasy.
(runs and hides before NYC jumps out and kicks my ass)

quote:
... i personally rekon the guys look best topless with long black pants ( aslong as their carefull enough not to burn themselves) ,,,,,.... mmmmmmmm ..... *slrp*
I think anyone looks good twirling topless.
Not comfortable enough with my abilities to do it myself and all those damn indecent exposure laws in the states get in the way, too. Therefore, I usually have the standard black pants or my brown cords on, black shirt, and bandana.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i used to just wear my black huge flary cords and a black vest top, but i made a chinese mandarin top that goes just over my hips. its black with embroidery all over it so that and my black fire proof trews!!!

nice to hear black is back

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Not that I'm relaying this for any other reason than to share the beauty of the experience... but:

A few months ago I firedanced naked in the rain with my double staves. It was an amazing experience and was a perfect combination of elements.

I had drived about 40 minutes along a 4WD track with my boy to a very secluded area within Sydney's hinterland. We were in a beautiful clearing - surrounded by pitch black, it was gently raining and the trees were whispering with the breeze. I decided to doff my attire and dance naked with fire.

Rain falling on my skin, earth between my toes, flesh kissed by a cool breeze with the heat of my fire a stark contrast to effects of cool nudity. My skin gently reflecting the glow of the flames as with the nature surrounding me.

This was something I have always wanted to do. It was a beautiful moment.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAARRRRRRR! *runs in, arms flailing and is immediately doused by cassandra*
whew, thanks, who knows what i could've done, i felt like such a beast, GRRR! i look just like that guy when i hear about naked fire spinning babes! coo coo! coo coo!
well, i have lots of outfits for any show occasion, but i at least usually have on tight leather pants:cool:, jika tabi, and an appropriate top when cold. my dreads are fire resistant, so the hair does what it wants, usu. up in a crazy poofed out pony's tail. fairy stlye warrior makeup if i'm getting paid. i even have a fairy fire prince costume, with stripes and dragonfly wings and helmet. dangit if i could just finish the dogamn thing!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
o yeah - and for all those questioning my grammar:

In Australia DRIVED is the past tense of DRIVE. *Not* DRIVEN, as you may be used to in other countries....

[ 09 July 2002, 15:06: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow, flashfire! what a personal experience! I guess you prove that the most important audience to perform to is yaself. nice!

SeattleLitemember
12 posts

Posted:
Sheeeit Bender, ROTFL! Really tho, I take off my glasses and just wear baggy pants. No shirt if the skeeters aren't out. I always catch the poi on the bottoms of my pants, so I figure I better get some practice with that so I don't catch them on fire later.

Hey all thanks for the recommendations on MP3.com ... if you weren't on that thread, check out Stromberg! Damn...

laterz,
-Todd

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
quote:
my dreads are fire resistant,
Tell me more, tell me more... sounds intriguing...

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wutcha mean? dreads are thicker than "normal" hair, so they don't just burn away. normal fire dancing fire just makes the frayed hairs burn away, especially if they have water in them. iot's like matches versus a tree limb. so i don't really worry much about where my hair is, other than to keep it from tangling whatever i'm messing with. i say "MY dreads" because someone told me in another thread that theirs were flammable. i think they put that beeswax honkey stuff in there, and that's problably why. but i don't know really. all i know is, i'll say it again, DREADS ARE THE VASTLY SUPERIOR HAIRDO AND WHEN I SNAP MY FINGERS AND COUNT TO THREE YOU WILL ALL THINK YOU ARE CHICKENS...ONE TWO THREE

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

4,224 posts

Posted:
::doing the funky chicken dance::

OMG what's going on ????

listening to Screaming Jay hawkins in the background :"I put a spell on you" ...

jazzmember
30 posts

Posted:
im sorry baboons and chickens just don't go

i like baboons- they have nice arse

Page: