Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > alternative spiral/wraps thingys...

Login/Join to Participate

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
Alright so i was bored and sitting waiting for one of my classes to start the other day... and i came up with this:

start in forward butterfly, put left hand forward and let left string wrap around left hand(like a spiral), then let it unwrap. While doing this i put the right one into a basic arm wrap on top of my left arm, and then let it bounce back around and hit the bottom of the left arm while the left glowstick on the left hand was unwinding, then put right hand forward and let the right string spiral around it while wrapping the left one on the right arm first on top then on bottom like before.... i dunno, people say it looks really cool but it feels gimpy. There's gotta be something cooler to do with the hand that's not spiralling around itself... i don't know, i haven't had any time to try it out. What do you guys think?

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
um um um, i dont know, i can pic what youre doing, grasshoppah and i do it offten, but we use it like a "cool down move" to take a break before going back into more complex things.............

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I dunno, try bringing the other hand around your back and back to the front, wrap that poi off the hand still in front, bring that hand behind you and unwrap there and go into a waist wrap?

Just a thought ubblol

"Moo," said the happy cow.

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
yeah, i've been using it when i lose my train of thought on the run i'm doing and it keeps people all dazed while i think of another one to do... don't you grasshoppah me~

thx for the suggestion spiralx... i'm favoring centripetals for the offhand now, they're easy, seem to come out perfectly for the alternate, and they're all circley just like spirals. go team!

Raver Invader
~Zim

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.