Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Any regional burns/misc burns near Delaware?

Login/Join to Participate

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Ok, i may be posting in the wrong area, if i am im sure it will be moved and i will be flamed. That being said, here is my question. Are there any regional burns or other type burns between October and January near Delaware. I am moving to that area in that time frame and am looking for other burners in the area. Please let me know or just say hi. I dont know anyone in the area and would really like to meet new friends to share the fire with. I know to check regionals on the BM site and events here, but looking for other burns that may not be listed. Thanx for any info y'all can provide. The flaming may now begin!beerchug

Mayhem

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
We went to Playa Del Fuego and it rocked! Got to meet a bunch of new people and groups including Fubar! Thanks to Fubar and everyone that made it an incredible experience! See you guys next time and/or at the next event!

Mayhem devil

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Who the heck are you? Where the heck were you?

I was the guy teaching poi lessons in the middle of everything every day. I had a triangular clown face paint scheme on the night of the ponyburn.

And did you leave a hair clip in my tent?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
hair clip? I'm not sure that's Mayhem's style...I think he usually just has a pony tail.

Glad you guys actually managed to get tickets and had a good time. Sorry I missed you when you came through town here frown
Europe was awesome! biggrin

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
?

I've never been to Texas. Were you talking to me?

So... confused... confused

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
sorry...the clip part was to you, the rest to Mayhem. I'll see if I can find a pic of him and PM you with a link.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Is he a cute short girl with glasses and hair in two pigtails? Cuz if so, he's quite good. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Is he a she? hmm...that's a costume I don't think I've ever seen him in. Could be entertaining, me thinks biggrin, but then you probably wouldn't call it cute. ubblol

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
[Sprite PMed me a photo.]

OH! I remember that guy! Damn, you should have said Hi homie! I saw you out there in the circle a few times.

There was an 'events and gatherings' post about PDF but only ICoN hit it. Booooo for not getting to properly meet you. frown

Yay for a really good PDF. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
OK, i missed some of this somehow, but here goes. I am short, but I dont think i would look that cute as a girl w/glasses, i will have to think that one over but im not gonna shave my legs. That would take wool shears or something and im not that kinky.....well, maybe. Anyway, usually dont have my hair in pigtails and to hell with a hair clip.
Spritie is a great fire dancer, one of my buds from Texas, where i used to live. Will have to give you a b-day spanky when we see you next time, Spritie! Glad you had a great time in Europe.
We are in Wilmington, DE now, just drove up in time for PDF with my gf. We didnt get there til late saturday afternoon and hung out with Fubar right next to skunk. NYC, sorry i didnt get a chance to meet you, but we will be here til around xmas and hope to get to some of the events between now and then.
See ya soon, hugs and much love to all my Texas buds, the new people we met at PDF and the people i have yet to meet!
peace

Mayhem devil

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You must have had to TRY to not meet me. I guess my reputation preceeds me. frown

Did you happen to pass by large hoardes of newbies and see some short haired guy screaming at them? I had a BULLHORN and was screaming about poi lessons for god's sake.

You must have been hiding under a rock.

Did you spin fire in that circle of xmas lights by the DC tent where everyone watched the debates friday night? Did you see ICoN? Did you spin at the burning pony?

Sooo confused...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
Nah, bro....wasnt trying to avoid you. I drove up from Texas on thurs/fri so didnt get there on fri. We got there late in the afternoon saturday, after 4 i think. Saw the big fire saturday night, but missed the meeting so didnt spin that night. Missed the poi lessons sat due to being sick sunday for about half the day, but made the pony burn in the circle,did some contact staff there, missed ICoN, too. DAMN! Was a little out of it due to being sick, but we ended up being camped between FUBAR and skunk, in the light of the flamethrower...lol. Im sure i will get to meet you and all sorts of other burners. Let me know if you guys are getting toghether and we can see if we can come meet you. Im really interested in meeting other burners/freaks and friends in the area. I think were heading up to a show in Mt. Holly this weekend to do safety and meet other peeps. We gotta meet for sure. Any other burns going on anytime soon? Let me know. Take care and see ya soon! BTW...are you on tribe.net? I can add you as a friend if you are.
SEE YA!

M

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
NYC.....What up? Playa Del Fuego was way fun...and it was cool that you were teaching lessons to everyone, it's nice to spread the love. Anyway...there are some various pictures of the bonfire and the flame thrower/fire suit events out there that we could hook you up with. Hope all is well, and I'm so not happy about being back in the real world.....Carol Lee and the gang send their well wishes and happy thoughts. Hope everyone is having fun!!
Brandy/ River City Burners

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey cutie... I just jumped on to email you guys. I'm taking tonight (Friday) off from festivities to get my brain screwed back on straight. It was certainly traumatic to work a full week. I got some nice photos as well.

Off to email you now. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CatalystSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Yay...we're getting e-mail!!!! Due to degrees of computer suck-assedness, CL gets the e-mail from AOL, I get the e-mail from the website, and then we pass them around,so it might take a day to get to everyone....My Friday evening consisted of making like 50 million (ok...200) sticker things to give out for an event this evening....a self proclaimed "Circque De Soleil meets Alice in Wonderland" extravaganza. Should be exciting....maybe chilly.
Working a full week is always ridiculous, but more so after all of the festivities.

Hope everyone is having fun!Happy Saturday thoughts to all!
Brandy/RCB

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Actually, Mayhem did meet me at PDF. He just didnt know who I was at the time. Mayhem is the sweet ass contact staffer that was spinning at our jam. Not sure if you saw him or not but he was out with us for a while. He was camped right next to the flame cannon and fubar.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Time for spring PDF, cant wait to be there! YAY! We will miss Flipside, but at least we get to go to another regional! Regionals ROCK!!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'll see you there homie!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]