SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Don't know if I wanna let some of u crayzeees loose on influencing my brain at this time in the morning but here goes.
Right I move house in 3 or 4 weeks (**jumps up and down excited and gives hugs to everyone in the nearby area**)
However being an artists nightmare, I have absolutely no idea how to have my house.
The only pre-requisites I have is that I'm having 2 UV lights wired into the power in my room
(Not a bad leccy), and plenty of space.
Have any of you got any really cool ideas with regards to colour schemage, funky arty lamp type efforts or anything?????
Moving to east east london BTW, so if anyone else lives there that I don't know about let me know and we'll meet up for a spin and/or a smoke.
(**BIG CHE ESY GRIN**)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ooh UV lights!

You gotta paint everything phunkadelic and fluro!!! What fun!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
No don't. You'll get annoyed with it really easily. The scariest thing to do would be to have white walls and a light carpet, then the whole room would glow. You could have little squares of colour on the walls. But honestly, it'll totally fuck your head up if it's all painted in crazy colours. *stops to think a moment, thinks maybe thats what he wants???? * You decided.

Erm......*runs and gets her sketch pad*

Dimensions sir???

I too move into my new place on July 13th. Hmmm....I'm going to make it a fairy glen (no surprises there then!) and make the front room like a little medina, just going to matress the whole thing. yay!!

[ 05 July 2002, 22:25: Message edited by: dibs_star ]

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
OOOoooo has to be a funky place to trip out 2....
Thinking about big sofas and floating ashtrays and a small pond in the front room..........maybe some elephants........

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
In my old bedroom I had loads of UV lights and blank walls. I also had loads of UV chalk to draw on the walls I would allow my friends to draw as well. The added bonus was that you could wipe it off with a dry cloth and start again!!

Fun 4 everyone!!!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Where I am staying right now, there is this blacklight mural on the wall of a space scene. It looks totally different during the day than at night. You can still see the planets during the day, but they look totally different at night.

I'm going to make a similar thing when I go back to Ann Arbor, but I'm going to make it on foam core because I'm renting my place, so I can't paint the walls.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
What I did in my house was use those little "glow-in-the-dark" stars, fish and other shapes that they make that come in hard flat plastic and glued hundreds of them to the ceiling. With a good black light on for a while they glow for hours after you turn the lights off.
It looks mad kewl with all the lights off in my room with the room being illuminated from hundreds of little glowing things.
If you use enough of them it's enough to see and read by. They are usually about 8$ USA for a package of 50 stars.

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
just dicovered i have to move... dibs if you're going medina-like i want a room please....and ignore the staff post...i promise i will show you one maybe 2 moves....

brain replacement...anyone?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
giger art.
now thatswhatimatalkinaboot

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

chairmenmeow47member
81 posts

Posted:
i don't know if you have any home-depot type stores out there, but that's where i went. i just walked around and came up with ideas! i had blue astro-turf on a wall (maybe a little odd for you, i don't know) i found some b&w checkered contact paper for the wall, and i made one wall black. i put a 4' blacklight fixture up and had my friends sign with neon blacklight responsive pens. that was cool. can't go wrong with x-mas lights! also, i did a nice (cheap) patriot display to cover my window so no light creaps in while i do my strings. i cut up a red sheet with patterned edges and covered the window with it. then i hung my flag over and put up some red white and blue x-mas star lights. also, if you cut up mardi-gras beads you can hang them, or put pins on the wall and arrange them over doorways. sorry, this is my idea of fun, that's why this is so long!

ps if you go with the elephants, make sure they have bubbles to blow!!!

[ 08 July 2002, 06:51: Message edited by: chairmenmeow47 ]

-ivy. = ^ )

Ralph, jesus did not have wheels.--sunday school teacher, the simpsons