The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
What is this num you ask? Well its Martha Stewarts Federal Inmate num...............i dont know why (ok yes I do) but this is so ironic........a woman that most American women mold their homes after, buing her product lines to furnish their homes, is now a FEDERL INMATE, and I love it!!!!!! ubbloco ubblol

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
whos Martha stewart?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yeah, whos martha stewart?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
[extreme sarcasm]?

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
im sorry, i recognise the name but dont know the story. i was prob too young :P

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
oh now i feel old. too many people there asked 'who's martha stewart?'! eek

hehe...but to be slightly helpful - check out marthastewart.com. it's all there! (probably not the jail stuff though! ubblol )

for those sloths like me (i haven't actually looked at that site, just typed it in to see if it worked!) martha is like a homemaker's guru. she has recipes, tips for cleaning, craft and all kinds of other crap! she kinda disturbs me actually! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
im too drunk....... might do tomorrow

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
That woman has alot of mental issues I think. She's too homemakerish if you ask me and yes she scares me as well ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yeah- i blame my mother

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
Martha is the bomb!
she is my idol.

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
my step-mum ish liked her website-got christmas tips etc from there. why is she in prison?

in state of metamorphosis

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Insider trading or something wasn't it?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

MayhemBRONZE Member
stick boy!
117 posts

Posted:
You just want to be her cell biotch, hoppah!! spank

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
er it may be that im british or just that i dont watch the news but who is martha?????

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, if you guys are going to insist on listening to our music, eating our fast food and copying our foreign policies you could at least keep up on our celeb drama.

Martha Stuart is an American 'Homemaker' who made her fortune though 'how to' shows (like cooking shows but for fixing up your home and making cute desserts)

She was recently convicted of insider trading. She sold stock in her own company when she recieved bad news about it.

6 months in a minimum security prison.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Wyrd SisterBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
Wow, Martha Stewart a Federal Inmate, lmao now I've heard/seen everything. Wait, no I probably haven't. Anyhoo, I had to laugh when I read about this going down to start with. Someone that sooooo many people 'looked up to' using insider information. Almost as bad as when Clinton admitted he'd smoked dak etc. Oh no, just proved that they're all too human and can make 'mistakes'.

nice to see that nobody is perfect.

Wow, I know about Martha and I'm all the way in NZ, scary.

What we play is life. -- Louis Armstrong
Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff. -- Frank Zappa

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

Hey, if you guys are going to insist on listening to our music, eating our fast food and copying our foreign policies you could at least keep up on our celeb drama.

ooooooo thats fighting talk that is....
If you guys bothered to identify your targets before blowing the crap out of them with great big bombs and missiles and stuff we might have a few more soldiers to cover your ass when you get all gung ho and charge infantry into the face of extremists with machine guns... Durrr

Yeah sure you rescued our ass in WWII, and dont colour me ungrateful, but you really havent mastered the art of not getting people killed, have you?

Sorry about the flame!!! redface

Anyhoo, i might eat fast food occasionally, but I think we have enough music over here thanks (you just buy up all the airtime, its not OUR fault) and as for foreign policies, please... Who "conquered" Iraq? We are a peacekeeping force...

offtopic soapbox offtopic soapbox offtopic soapbox offtopic

Anyways, its still funny if this homemaking guru winds up in clink...
Friends? biggrin hug?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: gita

oh now i feel old. too many people there asked 'who's martha stewart?'! eek

they're just english people. We don't have Martha Stewart over here.

We have Richard and Judy instead tongue

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
dang NYC alreasy fielded this one. I really must get intoth e habit of reading the whole thread before I respond...

Meh

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
wow ok from now on NO COUNTRY BASHING, besides NYC I can promise you most of the music we in the US listen to, either comes from or originated in the UK or Europe.......electronic for starters...........k this just gave me an idea for a new topic....got to go post it bye.........PLAY NICE

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
I think the sarcasm is pretty blatant and funny, but hey, that's just me.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I think she got the hard end of the bargain...when Rene Rivkin got done for insider trading here, he got away with weekends in prison and weekdays at home! (or something like that anyway, someone please correct me if i'm wrong!)

now there's a justive system for you! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
True story: I was working with a film crew yesterday that used to do interviews with CBS (an American t.v. station) and the sound guy left her microphone going when she went off the set. He recorded everything that she said and passed the tape on to his buddies. He said that as soon as she was off the air, every other word out of her mouth was motherf&$@er and a$$hole. She's supposedly the meanest bit@h and yells at everyone who works for her. Funny how her celebrity persona is this sweet, caring homemaker. She also made her underlings move the sound and camera cables once every 5 minutes so that they wouldn't make dents in her perfect lawn.

Personally, I'm glad to see that she got what she deserved!

Fear the evil monkey!

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
actually - it wasn't insider trading of her own company - she benefitted from short-selling stock in a biotech that was going to be denied FDA approval a week later.

not that anyone really cares about the specifics.

i know it's fun to beat up on celebs, but I've done some research on this one, and I think she's being unfairly crucified. she didn't even do the trading - it was done on her behalf by a young investment manager who was trying to impress ms. stewart with big returns - i think he may have even been a relative of hers.

bah - nobody really cares - people just want to point and laugh when something bad happens to a celebrity

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Do you really think someone deserves to go to prison for being a bitch?

What country do you live in? And are you a lawmaker?

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
No I'm not a lawmaker, but I do believe she deserves to go to prison for breaking the law. The fact is that there is proof that Martha Stewart told Peter Bacanovic to sell her shares of ImClone once he told her that the company wasn't going to get FDA approval. You need to do your research before criticizing people. They convicted her on the PROOF of the email that she sent him telling him to dump her shares as soon as possible. What, are you so naive to think that she just magically had this "moment of clarity" where she said, Gee I think I'll dump all of my shares in this medical company today because I'm so good at predicting the medical industry that I don't think ImClone will get FDA approval.

I live in the United States and I'm the Director of Research for the 4th largest financial services company in the country (just in case you want my credentials). The woman has a company worth over a billion dollars and her personal worth is several hundred million. Yes, she would've taken a hit, but it only would've been a fraction of what she's worth. Once again, it's nice to see that even CELEBRITIES can be served justice when they think they are above the law.

Fear the evil monkey!