HilarySILVER Member
59 posts

Posted:
Calling fire dancers in Cork(Ireland). Anybody about this weekend as going home to visit my family this weekend and would like catch up on the scene at home. I'll be there from Friday to Tuesday. Please drop me a line or I will check this forum.

Hilary

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol... sorry darlin - you just missed a big ol fire gathering in Cork!!

We've all just returned from a weekend of firey fun down there with the lovely Aidan and Sarah.

But, we'll be in Belfast at the end of October (30) for SpherculHoP day, if that's any good to you?!

Anyways, contact ado-p or Fraulein for Cork madness.

(And btw, it always helps to do a search of the location (under the community section of the top toolbar) and we have an Irish thread in the events section too. Oh well... hope to see you sometime)

Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hiya Hilary,

there is a few of us in cork....

me and sarah for a start, and a few random people that came to spin with us on saturday night on patrick street....

give us a shout anytime at all... i'll send you some contact numbers so you can get a hold of us....

Drop into the irish thread too, come say hello!!!!

Love is the law.

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hey Hillary.

Sorry, not in Cork, but I am coming back to Durham on Saturday for just under a month.
Last time I was there I didn't get round to meeting up with you in Newcastle- I couldn't get there and things got in the way.

Drop me a pm (or a text if you still have my number), and we could see about meeting up for a spin?

Amanda.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

HilarySILVER Member
59 posts

Posted:
Hello guys
Will come and find you on Saturday night. What time and where do you normally hang out on Patrick street?
Will catch up with you again Mand. Practice still going on at the Civic at 8pm Wed. Maybe catch up with you next week.

Hilary

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

me and sarah for a start, and a few random people that came to spin with us on saturday night on patrick street....

ubbcrying random people? is that all we mean to you? i thought we meant more than that ubbcrying that's the last time i'll be travelling the length of ireland to spin with you then sunshine !! spank

hi hilary wave

as already mentioned by Firepoise, you missed a pretty good fire gathering last weekend. nothing significant though, just about 6 or 7 random nobodies who travelled the entire length of the country to spin with some guy called....... confused jeez.... what's his name again.....? shrug

anyhooo..... there's quite a few here in dublin. if you're ever over this way be sure to look us up hug

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fabergé

that's the last time i'll be travelling the length of ireland to spin with you then sunshine !! spank

The length of Ireland Lisa? ubblol hug Hope you had a safe trip home in Kelly's Scooby-Mobile.... wink

Hey Hilary, hope you are going to have a great time in Cork this weekend, I won't be around because I am going to visit MY parents in Germany!! See you next time...

"I see," said the blind man.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
oh my word....

the randomies i was refering to were the bendy itialian girls... and the slovakian staff guy.... tongue

dublin to cork.... the length of the country..... umm

Your nuts....

I love you anyway hug

Never mind those hippies in Dublin Hillary, Cork is where its at...

Do you know any other spinny folk around the southern regions per chance? ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1096370757)

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:

dublin to cork.... the length of the country..... umm

i travelled from dublin to cork. and back again.

distance from dublin to cork - 160 miles
distance from cork to dublin - 160 miles
total = 320 miles

distance from cork to derry - 266 miles

tongue nana tongue

Your nuts....

so are you hug

sorry to hijack you're thread hilary. you'll have a lovely time in cork, i promise, they're all very very loverly. when i win the lotto i'm buying an island ( been looking at these smile) and inviting all my firey friends to come & play whenever they wish.... weavesmiley

peace

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fabergé

total = 320 miles

cork to derry - 266 miles

Fair enough, you were only wrong by a quarter of the distance OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!!

ubblol

I'll come live on your island but only if its got coconuts biggrin
EDITED_BY: ado-p (1096372922)

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
right, if you're gonna get techical, malin head to mizen head is 290 miles + 513 yards

i travelled 320 miles

which quarter of the distance of the whole country am i missing out on..... tongue

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
only hippies allowed on my island

i'll have you in dreads yet boy ubblol

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
*knocks shyly on the door of the little hut, wearing a flower in her hair*
Ahem... hey Lisa, lovely Island you have here, can I join in? biggrin

"I see," said the blind man.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Are we building an island in hillarys thread?

Should we like get planning permission or something?

Lisa... dreads.... i will have to refer you to clare on this one.... we have alrady covered it.

do a search.

Love is the law.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
but building an island is fine with me.... during my stay in holland i did read quite a bit about reclaiming land from the sea so it's definitely do-able....

or we could go and live on that missing "quarter of the length of ireland" you were harping on about rolleyes

hi sarah babe hug lovely flower peace of course you can come live on my island, when it's built. we're just gonna squat here in hilary's thread though till it's ready biggrin

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Wind me up will you..

well honey

when you did your original math

a la this

Written by:

total = 320 miles

cork to derry - 266 miles

320 / 4 = 80

266 / 3 = 88

Thats about a quarter. I'll give you the 8 miles though.

I can see in your revised version that you realised the error in your ways and updated the numbers acordingly.... in which case you were only out by 50 miles or about two thirds as wrong as you were the first time.

biggrin

So how long is your island going to be.... roughly....

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol... we're going to get shouted at for stealing someone else's thread (again), but before I retreat can I just say...

Aidan... dreads would be a lovely thing ubblove

ubblol ubblol

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
there will be no shouting on my island. shouters will be fed to the sharks (which incidently will not infest the waters of our beautiful sandy shores) of a neighbouring island.

aidan has given me 8 miles so i'm turning that into a beach biggrin men with dreads get first dibs on best spots to build your hut biggrin

HilarySILVER Member
59 posts

Posted:
gUYS gUYS gUYS
Stop the arguing. Out of all of you surely, I must be travelling the greatest distance to come and meet you so called "random people". I am travelling to Edinburgh from Newcastle. Then travelling to Cork from there. And of course i have to do the same route back when I go back to England.
I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!!
Oh and if you do happen to win your island, Faberge, I'd love to come and hang out drinking any form of cocktail and fire dance 'til sunrise/sunset!!!
See some of you hopefully on Sat night(not complaining!).
love and lite,

Hilary

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
no worries hilary

we are all really good friends in here, thats why i gave faberge eight miles for a beach biggrin

this is just our way of welcoming you to hop and giving you some idea of the madness that has become the norm for us. (just read any of our intro threads).

all the ver best of everything

a

ps apologies for completly hijacking your thread and building stuff in it smile

Love is the law.