Forums > Technical Discussion > wirewool? (relevent, I swear!)

Login/Join to Participate

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
Ok, gonna start this by saying I've done the searching, I've read the old posts, I have a pretty good idea what it's all about. I'm not going to ask what it is, or how to do it, or how to change its color.

So here's my issue... because the subject was beaten to death a long time ago most of the links in the old posts are now broken, I'd love to see the pictures of people's rigs but with a few exceptions they just aren't there anymore.
For example: I could not find one unbroken link about Black Bush cages and a general google search just got me a lot of the expected inapropriate content wink .

Anybody got working links I can poke through? (pics of wirewool in action would certainly not be unwelcome either).

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
you could pm the maker of the black bush poi, the poifamous [Old link].

there's plenty of pics of wirewool in action in the gallery (they don't do justice. it looks proper good)

edit- well, there's one anyway.

well, two. but the one with me in it is really really really crap.

editagain- loads more if you search for "wire wool" rather than "wirewool". doh!
EDITED_BY: simian (1096321389)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I've got one of my wirewool picks up in the gallery, a few more floating around and a couple videos floating around too.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

I think you want pics of the actual cages though if I'm not mistaken? I would take some myself but the chains got cannibalized back into normal firechains shortly after my spin, I'll look through my stuff and see what I can find later

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
www.fieldsoffire.uni.cc

pics of wirewool in use, video of wire wool in use, picture of cages lying on floor doing nothing

next query please!!

edit

just been to check all that lovely stuff i said was there was there and it wasnt

give it time we only updated the site last night so it has not filtered through to all the ntl cache servers yet, they are there it may just take a bit of time for it to show

well hey thats the magic of the interweb for you
EDITED_BY: originalsmit (1097159730)

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

128 posts

Posted:
Thanks! I have seen your site before, I remember specifically the flash intro and the sparkley poi in a chimney pictures.

Alas none of the videos would work for me and the cage pics are not up yet.

Will check back though!

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
ooh!! was the videos link up then???
if it was then thats progress.
ive done a little intro for people who have no idea what fire spinning is, look in 'about us' section and the cage photos should be in there.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

128 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thankee!

As far as the vids I DL'd somthing there was data and it transferred and whatnot, they just wouldnt work. ubbcrying

I'll give it a bit, try it again, then poke at my codecs or somthing see if it's my end. Wouldnt be surprised *pats monitor* my poor gir'ls getting a bit senile, but she's a good 'puter she is.

-Emerson M Pugh

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Did see firery devil sticks with sparkle, oooh hadn't thought of that before wee bit dangerous for my liking

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

like2danceSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
i know this has been posted before but i feel too lazy to search and find my answer, what do you make the cage out of for the wool? smile smile smile

MagikMuzik

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oi - don't be lazy - do a search!
No amount of smileys is an excuse for laziness...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

lexaBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
hay to all you wire wool people go to a pound shop i made a set of wire wool poi for £3 i used bean cans 4 for a £1 i cut the botem off made a new "lid out of chickin wire from a bird feeder £1 and secured it with juberly rings (i cant spell say it like joo-ber-ley rings) like 20 for £1 put holes all in the side of the cans and hay presto. And pound land even does wire wool 24 roles for £1 just make sure thay dont have soap in lol smile havent got any pics will do soon but on a more serious note i cant stress how dangiours this so dont try it...

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
a pound shop?? you mean a dollor store...lol you gotta translate for us ignorant american types =(
ill be posting my designs and pix of my cages soon hopefully...just gotta get some free time...

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

128 posts

Posted:
Pound land? *giggles* Of all the odd things to go global... dollar stores!

-Emerson M Pugh

darkpoetBRONZE Member
Irish
525 posts

Posted:
ubbloco
its about like that....

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

like2danceSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
well actually durbs the reason i don't have much time to do a crap load of searching is because my web is at work and of course if i'm at work i cant search all day to find my answer, just thought i'd get lucky enough and someone would want to answer me, sorry for the bother

MagikMuzik