Forums > Social Chat > Angry little staff thrower, cm here ya evil tutor!!

Login/Join to Participate

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
Oh i am SOOOOOOO angry!!! Just after getting back from Glastas believing that everyone in the world has something good to offer, i get my exam results back.

Happy bunny, no resits, going thru to next year. Mate calls "hey vic, you arent on the progession list, what did u fail ??"

me say "nothing"

phone up department who say "oh we got the letter mixed up, you failed history so we're sending out a resit letter"

argh! but am okay cos had previously thought had failed anyways...

recieve letter today and it says 27% attained. Thats crazy! 2 pieces of equally weighted coursework of which the first piece i got a 72%. So i called them up (again on my expensive evil mobile)asking if they actually got my second piece of coursework...

they begin the big heavy voice and say they need to get the head of dept. I wait.

Finally head guy speaks "you failed due to direct plagerism and innappropriate use of materials."

I nearly pass out. U can get chucked out for this type of thing. But i know that i didnt do this.

So sit at computer, pull up essay and read out ifrst line to him. Is not same line as he has. Finally after process of elimination realise that he has my DRAFT copy with all my research (ie direct materials) included. So of course it would look like plageism!

But i wanna know HOW they got that copy. Why is my luvverly fantastic essay not glowing infront of him and why the hell do i now have to resit something that i had already done correctly???

have been told to bring in a copy of essay tomorrow, but may be investigated, penalised, kept back a year or burnt at the stake if i cant prove myself. Which is totally unfair because i have NO way of proving myself!!

sorry needed to rant

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
WOW, sweetheart , that SUCKS !!! I am sooo sorry about that ...
I tend to go completely NUTS when such injustice happens to me or otehrs
I am really sorry for you but I am sending you millions of smiles and showers of positive energy and I'm sure everything will be OK...

keep cool, darling, keep cool

Shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sounds like an awful case of slight mess up leading to catastrophic fuck up!

I hope your tutor is understanding and that you get all this sorted out. Try to keep cool, don't worry too much, and I hope it all works out for the best!

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Vic,

I know something that should let you prove that what you say is true.. read on...

When you save a document on your computer, the computer makes a note of the exact time and date at which you clicked save, the computer stores this information about the last time you saved every document. It should be in the properties of the document, called either "last saved" or "last modified".

To get this information (in windows) right click the documents name in file manager or explorer (or whatever) select 'properties' from the list and the information should be displayed for you in a pop-up box. Then either print a copy of the screen (use the 'print scrn' button, stick it in word or an art package and print it) or get someone of importance to come and have a look.

Do this for the proper version of your essay to prove that you completed it before the deadline and haven't actually written it later

whatever you do, do not re-save the document now

I really hope that helps you out,
Tom

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They won't burn you at the stake. That's for witchcraft. You may be confusing plagerism and heresy.

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Vic that's horrible!
what an asshole he must be to do this to you!
pls keep us informed on how u went

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Yeah and take a big axe wid'ya, so they know not to fuck y'around.

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
thanks guys for being so luvverly, specially tom for the document advice, i knew you could do that but didnt know how. So armed with that, marched into my disclplinary meeting this morning amid horrible "thats a girl who cheated" stares from the secretaries and laid down the law.

It seems they marked the wrong piece, they asked for my research at the time and marked the wrong one. Which is not my fault. So they're going to mark my REAL essay and if its up to scratch then i should be able to pass through. So maybe not do any resits. The department will accept it!!!

YAYA!! I dont care if i failed it, at least i did on my own merit, if it was cos they thought i'd cheated well thats just cracp and nasty!

so am much happier bunny now, but have to wait until wednesday to find out my fullr esults.

what a palaver eh??

love yas

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
but if you noticed them stacking up firewood you stay away ok?

Meh

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Yes, run for you life in fact. Especially if you u see gas or any other combustible. Unless you gonna have a burn

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach