Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yesterday i learnt to hula hoop ubbrollsmile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I haven't learn anything recently

No urge to juggle when there's no jugglers around...

Willy - is bad for your health...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I got a start with the single ball yesterday. it looks a little festy, but i think i can make it work.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i learnt 5 balls ubbloco

i went and bought a new set of white balls so i had a set the same size+weight!

yay!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

when are you back in the UK? i could do with coming down to spitz and having my brain done in for a while:-)

September maybe October. No idea.

have i learnt anything new? *scratches head* I'm sure i have. er........been practicing left handed 7333, 7531, 7441, 9151 etc.

Started working on 864 but nothing near working yet.

Gave up smoking fags today ubbrollsmile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yeah baby...last night i got 1 hand - 1 poi chain and 2 balls in 1 hand. Now just to learn it with my left hand and its 4 ball poiggling bring it on..

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
2 in on hand poiggling? surely there are rules against that kind of thing? Good luck with the no smoking will

got my new set of fluozies from the post office this morning, the big chunky ones like coleman and ucofs, they are lushsome i want to hug and kiss them always.

had a go with some rings last night, didn't hurt for the first time ever so i had a go at 531 and 441... and decided that i love juggling rings and want to be able to juggle 5 of them... i'll keep you posted
i also managed to flash 4 clubs for the first time ever,

managed this crazy 4 ball trick where you do a three ball shower whilst throwing another ball in columns in the same hand, not sure what it is but it feels like it might just have some brackets in there somewhere :-) was shown it by a 12 year old... he can juggle 6 :-)

seeyaz all later

Pat

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
biggrin

what colour balls did ya get pat?

i need new ones soon...

and will, i have written half of a reply to you dude - i will send it soon, i promise!
*apologies fgor being uberslack*

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
they are green orange and black, and they look lurvely, how are you cole, long time no see, what silly juggling patterns have you been doing recently,

juggling ethics question, i've been juggling with a 12 year old who can flash 6 all week (he's been juggling for 4 years, and has been showing me new patterns all week), should i get him started on siteswap?

the ethics is from a point of view of other people, is it fair to the rest of the world to have a 12 year old who can juggle siteswaps, he's already told me that he wants to be able to juggle a 13 ball cascade, if he keeps on going the way he's going it'll be ridiculous be the time he's as old as me.

whats the consensus, that or any words of advice i can pass onto him, beyond telling him he should go to spitz:-)

pat

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
got my bounce juggling balls today...practiced lots....getting there, got a few...what would you call them?? rallies?? going, but i only got about 7 bounces max and it was very messy

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Pat. tell this dude that juggling 13 isn't possible and that he should quit while he's ahead. Some 12 year olds have a lot of cheek spank tell him to go to Spitz and then see what happens, maybe his head needs to be censored with. smile

Cole yes you are very slack, i thought you had forgotten about "that thing" - I will check your website for more details.

offtopic and there was me thinking this was clubs, diabolo etc. thread.

have been spending a lot of time learning all the tricks left handed. i can't believe my left handed shower (4b) is so bad, and 9151 isn't too hot either. anyway 97531 is improving as is my 7b. have also sorted out my 5clubs which is averaging around 22 catches. maybe 18.

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
3 ball circular caascade feels like its really close...

And i can do 2 balls in one hand fairly wellnow. i just need to do two hands at the same time.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

Pat. tell this dude that juggling 13 isn't possible and that he should quit while he's ahead. Some 12 year olds have a lot of cheek spank tell him to go to Spitz and then see what happens, maybe his head needs to be censored with. smile

I would love to tell joe (the 12 year old in question) that juggling 13 isn't possible but i don't think it'll stop him, the really scary thing is that i think he'd be all together to daunted by the experience, and that i'd be the one with the major Headf**kage to deal with...lol meditate

1,019 posts

Posted:
Flashing 13 is possible, with the correct hand-grip etc. Only one person to my knowledge has flashed 14, and that was with rings, and he is attempting to flash 8 rings, so, that kid may just juggle 13 one day, with enough practice. tongue

But that's only my n00by input into the subject. :|

Also, I would teach him siteswaps, juggling fountains and cascades is boring.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
yeah siteswap is way forward for someone of his age, it's fairly easy to flash 6 but to keep them up there and do tricks etc is much harder. and 5b siteswaps are pretty hard when comparted to flashing 6.

Learnt the sync 3b mills mess smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
lol i must seem so lame, i got 15 bounces last night, and im standing straighter too

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ahh, will, i have questions for you, i'm just getting started on the old 4 ball sync siteswaps milarchy and i am wondering how on earth i am suposed to be able to throw a 4 and a 6 ... at the same time? the whole thing seems completely counter intuitive, can you, or any of the other siteswpaers out there offer any words of wisdom, since i've got my 5551 sorted i could do with getting my head around (6x,2x)(2x,6x)

:-)

Pat

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I'm partway through learning the under the leg throw. A stupid ammount of trouble has been had with me wearing a long coat while trying to practice. wink

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
seb ubblol

Megafish - I'll just confuse you now ok?
I assume you have got 55514 sorted? Ok (6x,2x)(2x,6x) is a bit slower than 5551 and it is kind of like throwing the last 51 in both directions at the same time. You start doing 6x 6x and then (6x and 2x) together, hence the brackets. it then goes back and forth, i assume you have looked at it on a simulator?

Quote "how on earth i am suposed to be able to throw a 4 and a 6 ... at the same time?"

more likely you will be throwing a 6x and a 4 at the same time. Throw a 6 with a 4 that crosses, like a high 3 or low 5. Try

(6, 4x) (2x, 4) (4x, 6) (4, 2x) i think that's right.

or i've just worked out the numbers for this one, but not checked them, it's a sync 534...

(6x, 4x) (4, 2) (4x, 6x) (2, 4)

juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
pat - you may want to have a read of this: maksim's high and low article smile

i got 7 pairs of throws into (6x,4)* on saturday biggrin

now to work for 8 months on going from cascade to that and back.

rev cascade still sucks and i still don't see how async 5b half showers are supposed to fit mad meditate

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

i am wondering how on earth i am suposed to be able to throw a 4 and a 6 ... at the same time?

It came to me quite easily, when throwing the balls to my left. I can barely do it with the balls thrown to my right.

I'm no help... just keep practising. tongue

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
when i was learning to throw (6x,4) i used (6x,4)(2,4x)

its just the high and low throw out of a sync 4b fountain and then a cascade throw to get you back into normal sync again: clickeeeeeee smile

and definitely, like lemonkey says, its a hell of a lot easier doing the high throw with your strong hand.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

1,019 posts

Posted:
I thought of another tip while I was juggling earlier -

If you can juggle 441, there's a lovely variation (IMO) - 51414. You throw the 441, and an extra five over the four, at the same time. It might be tricky at first, but attempt to the four and five at the same time, and change the 5 into a 6.

https://www.jugglingdb.com/jugglewiki/index.php/ThreeBallSiteSwaps

That 6 may lead to a slight wait for the ball in your hand. I might try to post a video my explanation sucks.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
woowza, cheers guys loads of good advice there, damn those brackets, i just when i thought the box was complicated,

Hexagonic; i'm not responding from my computer at the mo, so i can check how i was going to get into ye olde spun cascade, i recall it telling me to start with a transition from (4,4) by throwing a (6x,4) i'll check later, I think i'm gonna have to start by working some sync 6's and 6x's into my three ball before i can even begin to see how i'll be doing them with 4.

Cheers for the link Cole, looks like good reading, if anyone can recommend any good sync siteswap material it would be much appreciated, it all seems a bit of a giant lead from what i've been doing for the last 2 years.

Lemonkey, cheers for the advice dude, 51414 has fallen of my list over the last few months (could make a nice mills mess), will have to start doing it again, that link is quality BTW, haven't looked at that one propperly before 31416 looks like a stonker as does 12345 (how can i have missed that one out);-)

T' has been a good day for juggling today,

Got started on 5 ball stealing today, not from my pattern unfortunatly but still classic good fun, after seeing Stumpy and Dave from the Kent Circus School doing their routine.

Flashed 6, woow, sync as of the moment, but given it was my first attempt i'm not complaining.

4 ball mill's mess was actually working, i was actually doing it, and it was well, well good fun, now all i need is those windmills, and reverse windmills and i'll be able to start having some serious fun :-)

cheers guys, have fun jugglin 'N' Stuff

Pat
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1123540449)

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
4 ball, 3:2 base pattern smile

4:3 is haaaaaard...

where's my drummer when i need him frown

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Africa innit?

hug

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Anticlockwise 3b shower, woo. Oh and various column-y stuff and a poor yo-yo.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
woohoo, i is well pissed up, just wanted to say just how much i love juggling and how appreciative i am to all my HOP peeps who tell me all about the complicated stuff that i is needing to learn how to do and how to do it; lorks a lordy these things is complicated, complicatedness is my middle name, well no actually william is my middle name, but complicatidyness is my game and these things they is complicatidy, (ness) WTF am i actually talking about...

hmm, i am now officially addicted to trying to flash 6, not sure Y but I is ;-)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i ubblove you Pat.
Hopefully shall see you today bounce

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
i just got my first 100 bounce run, i know im still sounding n00b, but i was up for 3 hours last night trying to get it, finally gave up at 2am, got up this morning and bang, 100! lol

Page: ......